“Surprised my friend”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Vozar's - CLOSED

Vozar's
Price range: US$8 - US$12
Cuisines: British, European
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol
Lancing, United Kingdom
“Surprised my friend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

I am Coeliac therefore it was only a question of time before I went to Vozars, I suggested to a friend we eat there, there was hesitation in his voice when I told him where it was. We both chose the Venison Burgers, almost as soon as we looked at the menu and CELIA Beer which I have been drinking for some time.
The food was delicious, from the chips to the roll the burger was in, the best GF roll I think I have eaten. If you are unsure about venison, don't be it was so tasty and cooked to perfection. Set in Brixton Market , which tends to close by 6pm and by 6.30 the only people in the markets seemed to be people eating at the different venues, there was a tremendous buzz of happy people eating & drinking. Being of an age I have eaten often in London , this comes out as tops , not only the food , the courteous and friendly staff and the ambience of the area. Taking wife back hopefully later this week .

2 Thank Padureni

Canberra, Australia
“Surprisingly good: good quality, good service, good ambiance”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

We dined at Vozar's recently and found the experience superb. We were a larger than normal group (of 10) but this proved no difficulty for the Brixton restaurant and its friendly, down-to-earth staff. Though not insistent on a gluten-free diet, I found Vozar's menu (including beers) met all of the group's needs; their burgers and sides are to die-for. The restaurant was packed the whole time we were there so clearly the word is getting around, or already out. You cannot argue about value for money here; it was offered in spades. In short: a gem.

2 Thank Sandi L
London, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Just Amazing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

Vozars is everything I could wish for in a restaurant, delicious food, great service and the cherry on the top had to be that everything was gluten-free! After 20 odd years of constantly scanning the menu to find something that was gluten-free, having the whole menu open to me was a truly new experience, with items such as breadcrumbed chicken and bruschtta I was in food heaven. Vozars truly destroys the stigma attached to gluten-free food around both taste and price with our meal being really good value compared against other London restaurants. I couldn't fault Vozars on anything. My one regret is that I didn't have space for dessert!

• Visited August 2013
1 Thank Ellen S
“Fabulous Food (whether you are after gluten free or not!)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2014

For those of you who don't require it, DO NOT BE PUT OFF BY THE FACT THIS PLACE IS GLUTEN FREE! The food was lovely, beautifully cooked and incredibly tasty. We sampled the chicken starter which was delicious with a guacamole style dip; the duck salad, which was anything but mundane, and shared two delicious tarts, the pear and the chocolate. The portions were just right, both me and my friend came away feeling comfortable and satisfied. The staff were lovely, really enthusiastic about the food and friendly, and the atmosphere in the market is great. We will be going back again.

2 Thank Rachel C
“Great flavoursome food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

Very tasty options, we all ordered something different from the new menu and every one was as nice as the other! Make sure you try the green avocado mayo dip, i couldn't get enough of it. I had the Venison burger which was very rich and more than satisfying. Would highly recommend trying this place. Make sure you try Celia, gluten free beer which is nicer than normal beer.