“A Day in the Spa”

The Spa at Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park, London
Ranked #61 of 614 Spas & Wellness in London
More attraction details
Owner description: The Spa at Mandarin Oriental, London has been consistently voted one of the best urban spas in the country. Step away from the fashionable high streets and begin a personal journey to physical and spiritual harmony. We have created a luxurious haven of well-being. Our heat and water oasis offers guests a deeply relaxing experience prior to each treatment. Our supremely professional therapists blend techniques from around the world to meet your individual needs.
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Amazing treatments, top quality products and knowledgeable therapists make a day in the spa at The Mandarin Oriental just perfect. There is a therapy pool, steam and sauna and chilled relaxation room. Herbal tea, water and cranberry juice available all day with fruit and cookies. The massage beds were so comfortable, soft and heated and could be adjusted electronically so you lay in the most comfortable position possible. Every care was taken for your comfort and enjoyment. The only down side was having to get dressed during the spa day to take lunch in the restaurant rather than keeping on the dressing gown which you are able to do at other spas and joining the "lunch crowd" on a rowdy Friday slightly bought us back down to earth with a bump from the tranquility of the spa.

Mandarin Orient... H, Manager at The Spa at Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park, London, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear FCSX thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to The Spa at Mandarin Oriental, London. We were thrilled to hear that you had such a wonderful experience and enjoyed the sensational heat and water facilities, relaxing massage beds and your amazing treatment so much. Thank you also for the feedback regarding lunch in the restaurant. We appreciate such valuable comments and are currently looking into this matter. We would welcome any further comments you have to make and invite you to contact the Spa Manager directly to discuss further (via molon-spa@mohg.com). We have recently introduced the Luxury Wellness Escape day package, an indulgent day of spa pampering and leisurely fitness featuring spa treatment, unlimited access to our new pool and gym and lunch served in robes in the pool’s lounge area, which might be a more tranquil experience. We do hope you will visit The Spa at Mandarin Oriental, London again and look forward to welcoming you back some day soon.

With best regards
The Management Team at The Spa at Mandarin Oriental, London

Reviewed 6 February 2014

I was lucky enough to receive a gift voucher for an Inner Wellness programme at the Mandarin Oriental Spa and booked in to use it a few days before my wedding last December. Prior to my visit I was emailed details of how my day would proceed - As an infrequent spa visiter and someone unfamiliar with the hotel, it was very useful to know when I should arrive and what would be provided to me.

From the moment I arrived in the spa I was made to feel very welcome and the environment was extremely relaxing. I was shown around the facilities and told where I should meet my therapist at the allotted time. My therapist was a delightful Polish woman and she really made my spa experience the joy that it was. She had obviously read my pre-treatment questionnaire very thoroughly and was polite and interested when asking about what I wanted to gain from my spa experience etc. Beside being exceptionally good at her craft, another thing my therapist was extremely skilled at was being sensitive to when I wanted to engage her in conversation and when I was happy to just drift off and enjoy my treatments. She and I had developed a lovely relationship by the end of the day.

My lunch in the Bar Boulud Brasserie was also very nice. The staff were able to accommodate my vegetarian meal request and the options on offer were suitably light considering I was to return to the spa afterwards. My only slightly negative observation was that the Brasserie was very busy and I felt a little conspicuous sitting in the middle of the restaurant on my own.

Overall, my day at the spa was exceptional and I would certainly recommend it to anyone as a special treat.

Reviewed 20 December 2013

I encouraged my friend to come to the Mandarin on a day out in London. We came to the Mandarin for tea at the hotel bar, as usual the standard is above average.

I had brought her to show her what a wonderful hotel group the Mandarin is, I always book at the Mandarin when I stay in London. It is without a doubt guaranteed excellent service.

However on this occasion the members of the hotel spa were incredibly arrogant and rude. I went down to the spa to ask of we can be shown the spa IF they were quiet as my friend wants to come with her mum and sister.

Well the lady located in the spa was very rude, it was her attitude towards us, we're young ladies but look young and maybe that is why she was awkward. But she was incredibly rude, her attitude towards us was shocking. There is a way of speaking to people especially guests, that she clearly doesn't know about.

Now I am shocked at this cause this is the first time in 10 years since I started booking at the Mandarin that I have had an incident like this.

The managers were apologetic but it wasn't enough. There is an additional 5% service charge at the hotel and quite rightly as the service is normally worth it.

Not on this occasion. Beware of Francessca unless you look like you have a ton of money and older than 20 years old. Come to think of it the women at the spa were also rude when my mum took me in October 2012. Just very arrogant and snooty.

Really am shocked it's actually put me off staying at the MO again. And I didn't ever think that this would happen. The most annoying thing was I was bringing a friend to recommend the hotel and was raving about how wonderful the Mandarin group is. This was like a good slap in the face.

I am currently trying to get in touch with the MO CEO to notify them of this incident it's not on especially for such a reputable hotel group.

7  Thank Farah M
Reviewed 9 December 2013

I am a spa-lcoholic, I love going to has many spas as possible in my free time!
I was impressed by the Mandarin Oriental! It is a very clean, comfortable, good looking spa.
I went to the Mandarin many times for drinks and food and a cupple of times I tried to sneak into the spa in order to have a quick look, an apetiser to a future visit.. but they wouldn't let me.. I got frustrated and went..... i'm not disapointed with this visit.
I liked the size of the spa, it's very confortable, the treatment I received was great. I will go there again, for sure!

Reviewed 12 October 2013

As a regular spa goer I have certainly seen some good, bad and ugly places. This place is definitely one of the best spas I have been to in London, the facilities and service were excellent and one of the best of things is they have a separated relaxation areas for different genders. It might not be a big issue to some people but I am sure it is one of the most important things, especially for some female or religious clients.

The only downsides are they don’t have a couple’s treatment room for couples like some other spas in London and sometimes they tried too hard at selling you products. I believe customers will buy them if they wish to and what is the point by pushing them? It might even push some customers away. However, the quality of staff and facility here is fantastic and I would definitely be back again and recommend it to others.

1  Thank Walkman88
MO_HYDEPARK, Manager at The Spa at Mandarin Oriental Hyde Park, London, responded to this reviewResponded 21 October 2013

Dear Walkman88, thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent visit to The Spa at Mandarin Oriental, London. We were thrilled to learn that you had such a wonderful time and enjoyed your experience so much. We appreciate the valuable feedback regarding the products in the boutique too. This is a matter we are currently looking into and would welcome any further comments that you have to make. We would therefore like to invite you to contact the hotel to speak with our Hotel Manager directly, via email at molon-info@mohg or on +44 (0)20 7235 2000. Thank you the recommendation and we look forward to welcoming you back to The Spa in the near future.

With best regards