“5 Weeks of Bliss”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
202 Modern Service Apartments
Ranked #248 of 871 Speciality Lodging in London
Northwood, United Kingdom
“5 Weeks of Bliss”
Reviewed 6 June 2014

My colleague and I were put up here for 5 weeks and i really had no idea what to expect.
I walked in to find a fantastic clean, modern and spacious apartment for the two of us. The Bathroom was brand new, the kitchen was brand new and it was all cleaned every day.
We both felt safe (2 girls alone) and the locks on the door were very reassuring.
The kitchen was equipped, not very well for 5 weeks to be honest, it could do with a grater and odd bits like that.
The dining chairs' wicker had all broken and I would definitely suggest they were replaced with something which can't be so easily broken.
I used the parking spaces outside and my car was fine there for such a long time.
The location is absolutely amazing as well. We really enjoyed it.
I'd recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Cambridge, MA
Reviewed 30 April 2014

If you are looking for an alternative to a hotel, this is a perfect option. I stayed here on my last visit and was very pleased. The space is large for London, with a balcony overlooking Kensington Church Street. My flat (Flat 6) had been renovated as I can see others have not. It had two twin beds that were comfortable and clean, a table for meals or computer, a small kitchen, well stocked and a nice bathroom. Cleaning service arrived daily. The owners are lovely people. Its a bit old fashioned but part of the charm. Location location location!! Only negative is the noise factor. But what do you expect on a major street.

Room Tip: Flat 6 is on the second floor. Renovated.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 25 February 2014

I am from Canada but have been splending the winter in southern Spain. I came to London for a few days and had a terrific stay at 202 Apartments. The very friendly manager tells me that they are now completing an 18 month programm of refurbishment, so new kitchens and bathrooms in all their flats. I would definitely recommend this place.
Josee Sainte-Marie

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 13 January 2014

We stayed one night in a flat on the 4th floor and were glad that we were given another flat (Flat 15) on the 3rd floor for the other 2 nights. Flat 15 is much much better. It is bigger, brighter and modern. (PS: the flat we stayed for that one night was old and dark and did not have hot water. So I think all the rooms have different layout in the building).

Flat 15 has 1 bedroom with a double bed and 1 living room with a sofa bed and dining table with 4 chairs. The bathroom is big with mixer taps (very important for me as I hate washing my hands under extremely hot water) and the bathtub has a glass frame just like the hotels. The kitchen is well-equipped. There's even a washing machine! Ideal for long stay. Basic stuff like hair dryer, iron and ironing board are provided. I like the fact that they have a portable heater in the flat. I've stayed in many apartments and they don't provide that. It comes in really handy on a cold winter night. A cleaner comes everyday from Mon to Fri. Some of the serviced apt I stayed in before had no cleaning service.

Location is ideal. Next to Nottinghill Gate station. It's near to Portobello market which sells nice antiques at affordable prices. There're Tesco and Marks and Spencer down the road and a few restaurants along the way. Kensington High Street is just 1 stop away and we could do our shopping in shops like Zara, Gap and H&M without having to squeeze with the crowd. On the other side is Bayswater where we found many asian restaurants that serve good food. Bus 94 to Oxford Circus stops right outside!

My family and I enjoyed our stay and would certainly recommend this apartment to everyone!

Room Tip: Flat that face the back lane is quieter. I stayed in Flat 15.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank cocojen
athens greece
Reviewed 16 December 2013

The only thing going for these apartments is the location which is excellent, right next to Notting Hill Tube Station. I can't think of a single other positive point. Very run down, bathroom tiles missing, only superficially cleaned, pulled an ENORMOUS hairball out of the bathtub, cutlery and pots and pans dirty, kitchen cupboards greasy, had to use the extra two heaters during the day because heat was off (though at night it was warm) but in order to have both on I had to take the bedroom bedside lamps out of the socket, decor circa 1970's student digs. Oh and the television wasn't working. They gave me an hour of free wi-fi which did work and it was quiet as my apartment looked out on the back. Never again, absolutely not worth the money even if it is Notting Hill. I found a gorgeous 2 bedroom flat for only slightly more nearby afterwards so there must be something better around.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank maz1998
Singapore
Reviewed 8 December 2013

My husband & I stay at the apartment on the strong recommendation of a friend. It is located just five minutes' walk away from the Noting Hill Gate underground & a 10 minutes walk to the nearby Bayswater area where we can find many Chinese restaurants.

The apartment is clean & the kitchen is fully equipped. The surrounding is very quiet & peaceful. The staff in there are so helpful & we had a very pleasant stay there. We will definitely return.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Egham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 November 2013

The actual apartment was really nice as well as its location. We rented it for 6 people but it really is organised only for 4. They didn't even have enough chairs in the apartment. There is no one at the answering at the reception phone on Sunday. There is no internet. We bought a wifi access code and it turned out to be only usable by one device at a time. It costs 2.5 GBP/hour or 20 GBP/week. On Monday morning they cut the hot and cold water and the cleaning lady woke us up at 9 o'clock. They only gave us a pair a set of keys. The apartment has nice electronic equipment and modern furniture.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends