“Nightmare”

Ranked #533 of 1,090 Hotels in London
Sydney, Australia
“Nightmare”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2014

I have never stayed in a smaller or dirtier hotel room in my life. There was no room to even have a suitcase, let alone open it,unless you put it on the bed. I was in Room 14 - a four flight walk up with no elavator. There were marks on the wall, the bedspread and carpets were filthy and the room stunk. I wouldn't let my dog stay here, let alone a human being. Never again

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank DavidC232014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Polish first
Melton Mowbray
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 October 2013 via mobile

Let me start bt saying I don't give bad reviews, I give honest reviews! So here goes....on arrival the hotel looks great, impressive old house in a nice part of a London with lots of little restaurants around and a 2 minute walk from Pimlico tube station, however......the hotels decor inside is tired and in need of upgrading, some new wallpaper, a new carpet on the stairs and a lick of paint wouldn't go amiss.....oh and while I am on about the stairs, this hotel has 4 floors and no lift, I was in room 21 on the 4th floor and I lost count and my breath when I got to stair 86. They also claim to have free wifi throughout the hotel but I couldn't get it in my room although I could connect at reception, I also could not get it in the breakfast room. Breakfast? Well I use the term loosely, tea or coffee, a choice of 3 cereals, a choice of toast or croissants and orange juice...that it. My bedroom was very small with a single bed which was soaking wet when I arrived as the bedroom window had been left open by staff/previous guest. I asked for an iron and was given one at reception but no ironing board. On a plus point the water in the bathroom was piping hot. Would I stay here again? I will let you work that one out.

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
10 Thank Ralphco
Victor_Hotel_London, Manager at Victor Hotel London Victoria, responded to this review, 1 December 2013
Thank you for taking the time to lo left feedback and share your recent experience with us. We value all the feedback that we get as it helps us improve the experience here for future guests.
I am very sorry that we did not meet your expectation on this occasion.
I am disappointed to he hear that you were not offered an ironing board.
I have addressed this with the team and it will not happen again. We are currently having issues with the WiFi that we are working through and hoping to resolve in the next week.

I look hope that you will reconsider us when you are next in London. We do have rooms closer to the ground floor and if you let us know in advance we can allocate you one of these.

Victor Hotel

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Stanwell Park, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2013

We booked this hotel for 4 nights online at the last minute, it was rated as 3 star which it definetly is not, it is lucky really to be one, although saying this perhaps a room on the lower floor number 7 would be okay to stay in,
The room we were put in initially was number 12, going up to the room, the carpet on the stairs was threadbare, the walls had dirty black marks all over them, the higher up we got to our room the hotter it was, we opened a door to a small area where there were 3 doors to separate rooms, when we entered the room, it was hot with no air movement, very tiny, hardly able to walk around the bed, I felt quickly that I was going to faint from the heat, or throw up, We asked if another room was available and offered room 7 on ground floor, this seemed much better and would have been happy to take this, however after moving our cases were then told we couldn't have it as someone else had booked this room specifically, (they had been there previously in an upper floor room). Thankfully we were given a refund as room 12 was as I said uninhabitable, I cannot recommend this hotel at all, except to say that due to the staff on duty making a mistake of moving us to a room already booked we were able to get our money back and find somewhere much nicer.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Pateena D
Annapolis Valley, NS
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

My wife and I stayed here for 3 nights in early October. We had a third floor room (or second depending on where you’re from?). It was just large enough to allow access to our 2 suitcases. The bed was adequate and the bathroom (shower only) was bigger than some London hotels I have stayed in. There was a safe in the closet but it was already locked when we got there and did not bother to ask for it to be opened. The breakfast was quite basic with 2 choices of cereal, with toast and package croissants, plus orange juice and fruit. The Victor is conveniently located just a ~ 10 minute walk from either Victoria or Pimlico Tube stations. Unfortunately, they were unable to store a suitcase for us and we had to use the Victoria Station Luggage Storage at 9 GBP a day.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Valleyguy2008
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

We stayed in the triple room (on the Ground floor) at the hotel for 2 nights in late September. We were warmly greeted by the staff on duty at night after walked for 15 min. from the Victoria station. We booked this hotel because of its convenient location, it is close to the Victoria station where there are airport express trains to the Gatwick Airport, and it is also within walking distance to Central London (if you know the direction).
The room and the bathroom were large enough although a bit old, both Single and double beds were of the worst quality we ever had - you can feel the individual springs!
The service from this hotel had been very good overall; for example, on the second day of my arrival as I asked how to get to the meeting point of our day tour, the gentleman at the office had made the phone call for me so the coach came to the hotel and waited for us!
The hotel price had breakfast included; the continental breakfast was served by the friendly kitchen staff in small room downstairs; the dinning room was very tidy and clean, we were impressed!

Overall this is a 2.5 star hotel with 4 star service at a 5 star location!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank rqz1999
Victor_Hotel_London, Manager at Victor Hotel London Victoria, responded to this review, 28 October 2013

I have taken your feedback into consideration and checked mattresses in the rooms and mattress will be replaced.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and once again thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us.

I look forward to welcoming you back when you are next time in London.

Southampton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

We came to this hotel one morning, after we ended up in a complete nightmare hostel around the corner, and asked if they had any free rooms for 3 nights. Immediately gave us a room, for a cheap price. The room was very clean with a large bed and window. The bathroom is OK size but still clean and shower worked fine. Not much is offered in the hotel, but its very cheap so if that what you are looking for then its perfect. The location is great, 7 minutes walking to Victoria station, and excellent bus and train connections to the rest of London.

Staff is friendly,Good value for the money-I would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Amanda C
We take the opportunity to thank you for your review about our hotel. We are pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We value all the feedback that we get as it helps us improve our service.
I look forward to welcoming you back when you are next time in London.