“A great base for a London holiday.” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Victor Hotel London Victoria

Victor Hotel London Victoria
Ranked #507 of 1,087 Hotels in London
Clare, Australia
“A great base for a London holiday.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

This hotel suited us down to the ground. Small and friendly, it was right on the number 24 bus route so a convenient base to explore London. The breakfast was a highlight - a small, cosy room with loads of character and excellent service. We would definitely stay again.

• Stayed April 2014
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Victor_Hotel_London, Front Office Manager at Victor Hotel London Victoria, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to complete a TripAdvisor survey. It was our pleasure to serve and make your stay pleasant.

Thank you!!

Victor hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Polish first
Caracas, Venezuela
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

At one point we had a problem with the internet access in our room and they immediately sent an engineer to our room to troubleshoot, despite the late hour. Within minutes he had rebooted the server and our internet was working. Our entire experience was wonderful and the hotel could not have done anything better.

Room Tip: its is very nice hotel great have rooms
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Victor_Hotel_London, Reception. at Victor Hotel London Victoria, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear Julie,

It is an honor for us to receive flattering words on his part, as this encourages us to continue improving our service.
We look forward to your visit in a new opportunity, we said goodbye to you, but not before reiterate our appreciation and personal esteem.

Calgary, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2014

Be cautious with your reservations. I booked this through the hotel for 1 night back in March and received a confirmation of my reservation. 5 weeks later I got a cancellation notice with no explanation. After a number of phone calls and emails I was told the hotel "randomly" confirm credit cards prior to arrival and mine was declined. My credit care company has no record of any request other than the 1st one march and they have not declined any transaction. I was told to go back and rebook the room which a mere 2 hours after they sent me the cancellation was now book for 4 nights and no longer available. So, I am left to wonder if my reservation was "cancelled" to accomidate someone coming for a longer stay. Also- would you not think if you confirm a reservation and they had any issues they would contact you- their policy states they run your credit care 48 hours prior to arrival so what were they doing running my credit card months before I arrive- I think it all sounds inappropriate and I am highly disappointed and would caution anyone booking that this place can not be trusted. I am now left to find another hotel.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Leanne N

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Kent, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2014

Just stayed at this hotel 4 the 2nd time in 2 weeks,due 2 early start at work,it's clean,safe and comfortable in a gr8 location,the staff are always smiling and it's very well priced....what more could u ask 4?

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank bradford243
Victor_Hotel_London, Owner at Victor Hotel London Victoria, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
We appreciate the time you took to post your feedback, your comments will be very helpful to us and other travelers who consult this website.

It was our pleasure to serve and make your stay pleasant.

Thank you!!

Victor hotel.
Manchester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

Arrived at 9.30pm quite tired from travelling, girl at the desk was quite nice, but insisted that I had the card that the room was booked with, which my partner in Manchester had , so had to call him, so that he could email with a photo of the card. I thought this was very unnessecary as payment had already been confirmed. I was then given my key to room 20 on the top floor, 'where is the lift?' they have no lift ! my case was really heavy, and I'm not joking, 8 sets of stairs to climb, now I'm quite fit but this was too much to deal with, I noticed that they had vacancies, so why not give me a room on a lower floor? stay was OK, hotel was clean enough, but still really angry about the stairs.

Room Tip: make sure you get a room on the lower floors
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Stewarthutcheon
London, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2014

The Victor was everything you would expect for a budget hotel in London. The basic room was fine and the room was clean. Breakfast was simple. Unfortunately, there was no hot water in the morning, so I was forced to go to work without having a shower. I would not stay again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank abigailcc
Victor_Hotel_London, Manager at Victor Hotel London Victoria, responded to this review, 4 April 2014
Thank you for the valuable time you've spent in sharing your comments
through TripAdvisor. Once again please accept my apologies for the
boiler failure. Whilst we were able to fix that on the same day we
appreciate that it effected your stay with us. We undertake preventative
maintenance to minimize these occurrences however from time to time
there will be issues with the plant with in the hotel.
I also would like to let you know that we have replaced all our beds
with new luxury Hypnos bed and mattress. The Hypnos is currently
supplying the British The Royal household and Palaces.
I hope this unfortunate matter will not stop you from using The Victor
Hotel in the future.
Once again thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us
I hope to welcoming you back when you are next time in London.

Kind regards