“Another stay in this jewel of a hotel”

The Wesley Hotel & Conference Venue
Ranked #488 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 13 January 2013

Stayed two nights last week whilst working in London. Experienced the usual high quality service, very clean rooms and friendly staff. Close to the railway station and 15 minutes walk from Covent Garden, this hotel is well situated. Will definitely be staying here again when next down.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Charles M
Write a ReviewReviews (1,806)

Reviewed 8 January 2013

I've stayed at this hotel twice in the last few months and on both occasions I have been happy with the service and the room!

I've only had breakfast in the hotel which was good however have not ate in the evening so can't comment on the meals.

The hotel is clean and for the price and location for Euston station you won't find a 4* hotel for a better price.

I will stay here again the next time I travel to central London.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 December 2012

This hotel was definitely not what I expected after reading the recent reviews. I honestly don´t understand how some guests can say that they were blown away or that it is first class. I myself expect more from a four star hotel.

I´ll start with the positive. The hotel was about 10 minutes from Oxford Street by foot, close to tube stations, bus stops, cafés and restaurants. The room was modern, clean and comfortable with a complimentary bottle of water every day. The bed was good, the plasma TV had lots of channels, and there was an IPod connectable radio and a shower with great water pressure. I give a plus for the free Wi-Fi and the air conditioning that you can set yourself to a comfortable level.

The hotel looks like a hostel from the outside and it does on the inside as well. The reception contained a plastic Christmas tree, a bench and a desk. It was very simple and had no welcoming charm or personality what so ever. And the rest of the public areas definitely need refurbishing too.

The breakfast is served in a canteen styled room. I found the breakfast area to be quite messy and poorly decorated. The coffee machines were not working properly and the bread was stale almost every morning. Two out of five days I had breakfast at a café down the road instead.

The single room was small. It worked for me tough since I didn´t spend much time there. I had to have the curtains drawn the whole stay since the fire escape was just outside my room and there was an office block just opposite. There was no mini bar and no make-up mirror in the bathroom which I expect in a four star hotel. There was no reading light by the bed either and the bathroom was so narrow that the bath room door almost touched the toilet seat. The hairdryer that was in the closet had such a short cord that it made it a real hassle to dry your hair. That is when the hairdryer worked….

There was no room service and no telephone in the room. At my second night at the hotel the fire alarm went off at about one o´clock. When it was shut of a few minutes later it would have been nice to call the reception. In the morning the chef in the restaurant explained that the alarm was probably due to someone smoking in their room.....

I´m sorry to say that I didn´t find the staff very service minded either except for the chef who was serving breakfast the first mornings. They never said good morning or good evening on their own. Most times they just sat behind the desk and didn´t look up much. To sum up the four stars seem to be based on location and not standard and I would not stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
7  Thank Totte40
Reviewed 30 December 2012

This is the near-ideal London base for nearly any activity. Within stumbling distance (my guess: 300 meters) of Euston Station and perhaps 15 minutes walk from King Cross Station. Don't let the modest exterior fool you; inside the hotel is stylish and comfortable. Staff were invariably polite and helpful. The four of us arrived early morning on the train from Fort William (Scotland), having just completed the West Highland Way. The MIC made us feel at home. Excellent breakfast mornings, and probably good food evenings (we were always out somewhere). Our room had a comfortable bed, coffee/tea supplies and equipment, great bath/shower. Best of all, there is an excellent pub (large stock of cask-conditioned ales and ciders, decent food) across the street. I'd definitely go back if I find myself headed to London.

Room Tip: We only saw our room and our friends' room. Hard to choose between them; both were nice.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 December 2012

Ideal location for Euston Station and St Pancras Station on quiet side street. Nice boutique rooms comfortable beds, very good shower, temperature in rooms perfect. Plentiful breakfast in large canteen style restaurant. Most food appears to be organic plus toiletries in bathroom are organic.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank sueh13
Reviewed 22 December 2012

Stayed in this hotel 14-16th Dec 2012 as part of a Groupon deal. The first Social Enterprise Hotel, apparently. Unappealing on the outside but staff very welcoming and helpful once inside.
Rooms had recently been refurbished and the one we had was lovely, particularly the bathroom.
Tea/coffee making facilities in the room along with complimentary bottles of water, sweets and biscuits.
Very close to Euston Station. I would happily stay here again as it was very convenient for the sights.
Several rooms had problems with the heating on the first night and someone came to look at ours within minutes of ringing reception. Couldn't be fixed but it wasn't too cold and the bed was very comfortable and warm! The only minus was that the food at the evening meal wasn't hot on arrival. The breakfasts were lovely and there was plenty of choice.
Secure bag storage on the Sunday morning was very useful, whilst we went off to do some last minute shopping before our train was due.

Room Tip: All rooms are in the process of being refurbished so they should all be nice.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank JeniB186463
Reviewed 20 December 2012

My partner and I visited this hotel as part of a deal via Groupon, staying Fri/Sat/Sun. Had no preconceived ideas, other than it was close to Euston mainline/ underground and therefore ideal as a base for `seeing the sights`.
The room represented everything we would want for a weekend stay - tea making facilities, comfortable bed, superb bathroom and good TV. We couldn`t reasonably have asked for better.
On the negative side, the meal on the first night was a little disappointing as the food was only warm and also, on the Sunday morning, although the breakfast menu offered a superb choice, we were kept waiting - possibly due to demand not being anticipated?
That said, throughout the course of the weekend, the staff were friendly, attentive and accommodating.
We would not hesitate to go back (and we haven`t looked at Tripadvisor before offering our opinion).

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple