1,939 results
All reviews euston station social enterprise single room breakfast was excellent convenient location the air conditioning quiet street excellent location comfortable room st pancras cooked breakfast kings cross full english tea and coffee short stay rooms are small stayed for one night
Reviewed 6 March 2013

Spent last weekend here, room was good clearly just been refurbed. Dinner was good but had t wait unbelievable amount of time between courses. Breakfast had amazing choices but unfortunately the hot food buffet was no quite hot enough! other than that the value was excellent. Would probably try staying here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
KAMAU1969, MD at The Wesley Hotel & Conference Venue, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2013

Esteemed guest

I am delighted you enjoyed your stay with us. we exceeded your expectations. We have created in this space some of the most comfortable rooms that compete with five stars in London. We take on board your comments on the food and have already changed this to increase guest enjoyment.

Reviewed 2 March 2013

I have just had a very pleasant stay for one night at the MIC. Lovely room, spotless, loads of nice touches, reasonably priced menu and pleasant staff. I'm gobsmacked at some of the more negative reviews as I loved this place! I was away for work, but would recommend this hotel to anyone. Breakfast is fabulous! I wished I was staying longer! If I was forced to offer areas of improvement... well, the hairdryer was in the wardrobe on the left of the room, this meant to try my hair in the mirrored wardrobe door the flex wasn't long enough and as I had to have the non-mirrored door open all the light to the mirror was blocked. And the bedside lamp bulb needed replacing (though I didn't ask them as I didn't really need it. My starter (goats cheese) and main (salmon) were good value for money though a touch oily for my tastes. My apple tart pudding was disappointing: small, over microwaved rock hard pastry and insufficient custard. Still loved the place though. xx

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business

Esteemed guest

I am delighted we exceeded your expectations. We have created in this space some of the most comfortable rooms that compete with five stars in London. We take on board your comments on the hairdryer and food and have already changed this to increase guest enjoyment.

Reviewed 27 February 2013

I stayed here for one night in January when attending a conference.

My room was a single one, small but perfectly adequate for a short stay for one and very smartly fitted out. Breakfast was included in my rate of £59 and it was a first class breakfast.

This hotel has none of the pomposity or grandness of some London hotels but if you are looking for somewhere comfortable and very convenient for Euston at a good price then I think it is probably unbeatable.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo

Esteemed guests

I am delighted we exceeded your expectations. Thank you for letting us offer you this hospitality and letting the whole world know how much you enjoyed it. A social enterprise like ours thrives on the positive messages from people like yourselves. And you know we gift-aid all our profits for education of those who are on the margins of the society, home and abroad

Reviewed 26 February 2013

I read all the other reviews and found it a very mixed bunch of opinions. As I had a really good Groupon deal on offer I thought I'd just take a chance and see for myself.

The location was excellent, I'm not very good at guessing distances but I think about 500 yards would be right for the distance from hotel to Euston station. Obviously from Euston anywhere in London is accessible.

The first view is a little horrifying. Old metal window frames and the distinct impression it may have been an old factory. White painted brickwork and a very small reception desk didn't help to dispel that impression. However, the staff were very welcoming, helpful and the request we deposit our bags hours before check-in didn't phase them at all. In fact proper two-part tags were issued and the bags whisked away into a secure room.

We left to carry out our business with trepidation as to what the room might be like upon return. We need not have worried. The room was very small but properly appointed with tea, coffee etc, snow white bed linen and a tiny, but clean showeroom and toilet. There was a flat screen TV and radio, hairdryer, iron and ironing board together with a safe. We stayed in room 201 and I have to say it was the quietest city hotel room I have ever stayed in. The double glazing covering the metal window frames (could they be'listed'), did a good job and no outside noises could be heard.

Our deal included a meal which was served in the Atrium. A rather grand name for more recycled (possible) factory space. We ate very early and the meal was a little time I arriving but it was of a reasonable standard, say seven out of ten.

After our wonderful night's sleep we tried the shower and my partner stated it was the best shower he had ever experienced. I agree the water was as hot as one wanted and the temperature and flow remained constant throughout. A good experience.

The breakfast was buffet style with every kind of delight on offer, pancakes and syrup, muesli to full english. Couldn't fault it.

To sum up, I think four stars is pushing it a bit but move the room to a swanky building with an impressive reception and it would happily make it. They say they offer good quality accommodation at budget prices and I'd say they achieve their aim.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Luxurylover60

Esteemed guests

I am delighted we exceeded your expectations. It is true that this building was once a factory and guests are a little bit taken aback by the façade. However, we have created in it some of the most comfortable rooms that compete with five stars in London.

Reviewed 26 February 2013

We had a two-day break using a Groupon Voucher which included a 3 course meal on the first night. It was a most pleasant experience. The whole place was clean and fresh and comfortable, and seems to have benefitted by a recent refurb. Despite being so close to Euston Station, it was tucked away on a side street and pleasantly quiet. The staff were pleasant.

We particularly appreciated the shower and the inclusion of an ipod docking station in the room. The breakfast was amazing, a terrific selelction to suit all tastes. We apprciated the selection of free newspapers that greeted us in the morning,

If I could change one thing, it would have been to have bedside reading lights that don't annoy the occupant on the other side of the bed. But that was a minor challenge to what was a most pleasant stay and i would recommend it without hesitation.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Esteemed guest

We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us. As you mention we do our best to keep the whole place was clean and fresh and comfortable. And yes we are a quiet gem and especially for those arriving through Euston station or by Eurostar through St Pancreas/King's cross, we are a few yards away on Euston street. I am pleased that our professional group of staff welcomed you with a smile.

As you mention, the shower, the breakfast, selection of free newspapers and the inclusion of an ipod docking station in the room is something most guests appreciate.

We take on board your comments on the bedside reading lights and will ensure that we install those that don't annoy the occupant on the other side of the bed.

Looking forward to welcoming you again at TheWesley