“clean, central with great staff”

The Wesley Hotel & Conference Venue
Ranked #438 of 1,069 Hotels in London
Ireland
“clean, central with great staff”
Reviewed 27 February 2014

This is my 2nd time to stay here, my previous stay was when it was the MIC Hotel. Its the first hotel I thought of when I had a training course close by. I get the train to Euston and a 2 minute walk and I am here. I had requested the hotel to take in 2 boxes for me prior to my arrival which they did and had stored them in my room. Plus I borrowed a hand trolley from reception (wonderful chaps) to transport the boxes to my training course. A big thanks to Shelley for arranging this storage for me.

The room was clean, nicely decorated and a decent size especially with my 2 boxes plus luggage. I slept very well, Bathroom was a bit compact but it didn't bother me at all. Wifi worked well and breakfast was tasty with a good offering. Very helpful chef & staff too.

This is a hotel that needs to be judged on its merits, it's not a grand hotel in the scheme of things. I got a very good price for the location and similar to most EU city centre hotels, the room size is equivalent when you take into account the price paid.

What it does offer is good value, in an excellent location with friendly & very helpful staff. I would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
JohNyota, General Manager at The Wesley Hotel & Conference Venue, responded to this review, 27 April 2014
Distinguished guest

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and posting such a positive review! I am extremely delighted that we exceeded your expectations. I agree with you and many other guests that our members of staff are great who go beyond the call of duty to offer premier customer service.

A visiting couple recently described our rooms correctly as elegant with modern decor. We have created in this space some of the most comfortable bedrooms rooms that compete favourably with five stars hotels in London. We have rooms in all sizes to give our guests a wide choice.

One of our guest JZ from London wrote recently, “A great hotel in a good location close to the tube and mainline stations for easy access with luggage and then travel into the centre. This is the second time I have stayed here. The rooms are modern and nicely furnished with a good size bathroom. They have all the little extras which make a short or long stay more enjoyable, including internet in the room, complimentary toiletries, bottles of water, hair-dryer by a mirror, laptop sized safe and an ironing board! The staff are very polite and helpful to meet any requests you have. For breakfast there is a wide choice - and the staff are very happy to help with eggs cooked to order from the hot buffet. Overall I would recommend this hotel for all travellers - business and pleasure.

Thank you for giving us the opportunity to offer you our unique brand of TheWesley hospitality and letting us and all our potential guests know how much you enjoyed it. We do take any feedback very seriously as we are keen to keep improving so that our guests can continue to enjoy premier services and quality stay.

A social enterprise like ours thrives on the positive messages from people like yourselves. As you may have learnt from us during your stay, we are the first ethical hotel in the UK. What that means is that we aim to provide guests with what we promise, that is quality service and accommodation but also all our profits are gift-aided for the education of deserving students all over the world. We are also extremely carbon-conscious, ethical procurement and waste management.

MD

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (239)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Huntingdon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 February 2014

We've known this hotel for four years and it's virtually our hotel of choice for a London trip. Near to Euston, St Pancras, and King's Cross Main Line rail and several tube lines and several major attractions in walking distance. (With a brilliant - though often busy - real ale pub over the road offering discounts to CAMRA members!) We were a bit 'concerned' about what changes the transformation from MIC to the Wesley would make. Still the same great staff, service, and breakfast etc. We'll be back soon.

Room Tip: We're always pleased with what we get.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends

Widnes, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 February 2014 via mobile

We Stayed here this week as a family and the hotel was exactly what we needed, it has a brilliant location if your travelling into Euston from North as you only have to walk 50 meters. The last thing you need is the tube with your kids and a load of luggage.

The breakfast was exceptional and the chef was really hospitable and professional, nothing was to much trouble a really good guy!!

A lot of other London hotels need to take a leaf out of this hotels wrt the staff / staff training !!

As I said fantastic hotel and great value for money !! Booking again in the summer.

Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Shermin1234

Reviewed 24 February 2014

With a baby on the way we needed something close to the station so I didn't have to walk too far...don't think we could've found much closer!
Staff were great, very helpful and happy.
Had a superior double room, smaller than I expected but adequate, very clean too.
Breakfast was lovely, great range for meat eaters and vegetarians, high quality.
All in all a great hotel and was only £90 for a Sunday night stay for 2 in a superior room with breakfast included.

• Stayed February 2014

Paisley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 February 2014 via mobile

Very close to Euston station this hotel is a gem of a gind in central London.
Rooms are compact but adequate.
Clean surroundings, modern decor in the rooms, crisp quality linen.
Staff whom with I interacted, all helpful and very pleasant.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business

Dudley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Having booked a Double Deluxe room through Hotels.com for a long weekend in London for my partners birthday, a short telephone conversation with Vaida the delightful reservations manager(ess) ensured a complementary upgrade to a superb Junior Suite. The room was modern, spacious and meticulously presented. The birthday card and complimentary fruit waiting for us upon arrival was a great personal touch. The selection of tea and coffee along with individual snack biscuits along with two free bottles of water every day once again made the difference between an average stay and one to remember. Excellent choice of freshly cooked items for breakfast along with copious amounts of fresh salmon and other options for the none meat eaters. 10 out of 10 all round for this little gem right on Euston stations doorstep. We will be returning without a shadow of a doubt.

Room Tip: Never be afraid to ask for a complimentary upgrade.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 February 2014

We booked a double deluxe room which when we entered was nothing like the pictures for this enhanced price room!! It was half the size on the top floor and had no windows which opened to combat the high temps..... The bathroom was minute and the shower although hot and powerful, was tiny again nowhere like the picture, and the door opened the wrong way making it really awkward to get in..... That said it was really clean but not worth the £141 Breakfast was good but would stay here again

• Stayed January 2014
Distinguished guest

Thank you for choosing to stay with us and posting a review! I not that you were happy with the stay but there was miscommunication re your booked room. We will rectify that and invite you to stay again.

And MarK Edward from Dudley writes, “Having booked a Double Deluxe room through Hotels.com for a long weekend in London for my partners birthday, a short telephone conversation ensured a complementary upgrade to a superb Junior Suite. The room was modern, spacious and meticulously presented. The birthday card and complimentary fruit waiting for us upon arrival was a great personal touch. The selection of tea and coffee along with individual snack biscuits along with two free bottles of water every day once again made the difference between an average stay and one to remember. Excellent choice of freshly cooked items for breakfast along with copious amounts of fresh salmon and other options for the none meat eaters. 10 out of 10 all round for this little gem right on Euston stations doorstep. We will be returning without a shadow of a doubt.”