“Very disappointing ”

The Wesley Hotel & Conference Venue
Ranked #492 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend and I are staying in London for the weekend and had very much looked forward to staying in a 'nice' hotel given how much TheWesley is per night. However, when we arrived yesterday we were given what I can only describe as prison cell, it was such a dark room. When I asked for another room at reception we were offered another room which was smaller but a lot lighter. Only ten minutes in did we notice that the opaque windows were shutting out a massive building site. We hoped that they wouldn't be
building on a Saturday morning but they are - starting from around 8am.
Complained at reception and they said we could move again but it was too late as we were already awake - they shouldn't be putting guests in that room!!

The bed was comfortable and the room quite clean - but not quite what we were expecting for 4 stars. Haven't had breakfast yet but even if it's the best breakfast I've ever had it won't make up for the rude awakening this morning. I'd go somewhere else if you want a relaxing weekend.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sizzlesazzlesausages
Write a ReviewReviews (1,824)

Reviewed 15 August 2014

I have stayed here a few times. I rebooked because I felt very safe there and the bed was so comfortable.

Much better than many other hotels I have used in London some of which did not feel safe and were quite frankly shabby for the same price or more.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Hotel is in a great location, close to Euston Rail & Underground; Staff extremely helpful; Rooms are neat and clean and offered at a good price. The only thing missing is a small "business center" with computer(s) & printer for boarding passes.

Room Tip: On a relatively quiet street. For London, I have not found a noisy room yet in any stay [i.e., upper...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I stayed at theWesley for one week and have mixed impressions.
Here is my summary:
5 stars to the staff at breakfast, they were very nice and helpful always with a smile! And the location is excellent. Very close to Euston and Warren Street tube stations plus a lot of bus lines close by and within walking distance of the british museum (15 min).
4 stars to the breakfast buffet, nice hot and cold selection, I would have wished for more fresh fruit (it had fruit salad mainly made of watermelon and cantaloupe) and more fresh vegetables (it had grilled tomatoes). Also 4 stars to the cleanliness (was ok clean but not spotless), especially in the hallways.
3 stars to the room size. I am acustomed to european size rooms, but with 2 single beds one at the wall with 1 foot space between beds and 1 foot to the next wall it was really tiny!
2 stars for the room amenities: small flatscreen TV, no little fridge to store snack items or a soft drink. The free water bottles (2 half liters per day) would have been a very nice touch had I known about it! I only found out because I asked at breakfast as there was nowhere a price indicated in the directory nor was it mentioned it was free.
1 star to the "view": our room had white tinted windows to conceal the non-view (see attached picture), it would have been nice to at least be able to see what the weather was like before stepping out of the hotel. Also 1 star to the access to the hotel floor as the elevator is in the adjacent building and to get to the rooms 111-120 you need to go down a very narrow stairway carrying your suitcas(es)! I don't know if it' s similar on other floors, but be careful with room numbers *11-*20!
Last but not least:
zero stars to the two men at the reception desk at check out who watched me drag my heavy suitcase down the steps to the door not having had any customers to attend to.
I'll try a different hotel next time!

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Swiss-Sandra1968
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Best thing about the hotel? The location. Euston Station and Euston Square are easy to reach; King's Cross is also very close.
Anyway, the accomodation itself was very pleasant. The room was spacious, very comfy beds, clean bathroom...also, I appreciated the free daily cookies, bottles of water, coffee etc. Really nice.
The breakfast was delicious, best hashbrowns(McDonald's come take a look and learn something).
Not last,they have a very nice staff!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 August 2014

I picked TheWesley because the hotel is conveniently located for my travel in-and-out of London. I needed to reach Kings Cross (10 minutes walk), Euston station (almost next to the hotel), the Tube (around the block), and Paddington station to take the Heathrow Express to LHR. However, the hotel is a little bit away from the main tourist attractions. One will need to take the tube, bus, or walk (20-30 minutes) to Covent Garden, British Museum, Big Ben or other locations.

The hotel itself is amazingly clean. My modern decorated room is very small, but it's like a small university dorm that has excellent amenities. TV, shower, bedding, desk, etc. are all in good shape.

The only problem that I had with the room was that it was not dark enough even when I turned off all the room lights. The room had one super bright blue LED on the ceiling on top of the bed. :(

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Located about 4 blocks from the Warren Street Underground station, the Wesley can be found on a quiet side street called Euston Street (not to be confused with nearby, busy, Euston Road). The rooms are small, but clean and comfortable. There is a restaurant on site and it serves a buffet breakfast that the family enjoyed. The Wesley is an unpretentious hotel that is easy to miss if you are driving by -- no flashing lights or garish signs. The reasonable prices (at least for London) made The Wesley ideal as our "base of operations" during our visit to London.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family