The Bridge Hotel
US$281
US$229
Official Site
  • Restaurant
Park Grand London Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$134
US$121
  • Restaurant
Days Hotel London- Waterloo(London)(Great Value!)
US$147
US$94
Orbitz.com
US$127
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
All reviewselephant and castleapples and orangesborough tubefree water and fruitshared bathroomsouth bankbudget hotelfresh fruitlondon eyecompared to other hotelstea and coffeemini fridgeminute walkrooms are smallbreakfast roomthe ground flooran overnight stay
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 November 2013

Greeted with a rose at check in and guided through.Excellent service throughout all of my stay , comfortable bed,slept very well. Free Wireless internet access, close to Borough market, 24 hour reception!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
TheBridgeHotelTeam, Manager at The Bridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2013

From the management and staff at the bridge hotel, we would like to thank you for your positive comments. It has been a delight having you as our guest and we hope on your next visit to london you stay us at The Bridge Hotel. As part of our good gesture, we would like offer you a ten percent discount on your next visit.

The history of The Bridge Hotel goes back to the 12th century, where it was home to a storehouse for stone & timber. In the 16th century it was used as a granary for corn storage and later the official residence of the two governors responsible for the maintenance of the bridge, namely Bridge House.

The Hotel will soon be expanding, adding more delightful, comfortable rooms. We hope to also add a lift for easier access to the upper floors..As well as this modernising the interior to offer our guest a more pleasurable stay.

Once again thank you for your great comments.

From the Management of The Bridge Hotel.

Reviewed 22 October 2013

It is true that the rooms are small and basic...but hey, this is London! I guess there's also some differences between the individual rooms especially because some have ensuite facilities and other shared ones etc. We had room No. 33 which is on the top floor. Walking up the narrow stairs gives you some exercise indeed but we know these old London houses so we were prepared for it. Other than some other reviewers we weren't bothered so much by noise from the other rooms of course because it was top floor but also not from the direct neighbours, we did hear them talk in the corridor but once they got inside their room we couldn't tell if they were home or not. The noise from the street is annoying though, if you have light sleep, bring your earplugs. The road is not very busy but London is by no means a quiet place. Plus some of the students (university premises across the street) do like to have their conversations in the street and till the early hours...The windows are good but I just cannot sleep with closed windows, noise from the street may not be such a big problem for others. The staff is outstandingly friendly, we got a very warm welcome with roses. Fresh fruit and bottled water are brought to your room every day. The room was very clean, so was the bathroom. Nice shower with a "continent standard" door and thermostat and even the sink has a mixer tap - my first time to see one in Britain! Only, the sink is really tiny, our caravan features a bigger one...We booked the room as a "twin room" because we know that you sometimes get a tiny 130 cm bed when you book a "double". In fact it was two beds put together so there was a considerable gap between them and the matresses were of different height - not overly romantic but we didn't mind. What was bothering me was that the bed, even though a metal frame one, was squeaking like hell (another reason I was happy about having brought my earplugs). A bedside table lamp for both beds would have been nice, too. The room has TV, a fridge and kettle, tea, coffee, sugar and milk stock was renewed every day. We didn't try the breakfast so I can't say anything about it. The location of the hotel was great for our needs. It's just a few minutes off Elephant & Castle tube (make sure to take the "university" exit not the one for the shopping center or you will end up at the totally wrong end and have to use a pretty sinister subway to get back to the right side of the road...). Sights are not really within walking distance but you get really everywhere by tube within a short time. Also the bus connection from Borough Road to Liverpool Street Station was very convenient as we had to be at the airport very early and no tubes were running yet. Another nice feature is the take away on the ground floor of the hotel, great to grab a few chicken wings after arrival in the early afternoon when you didn't get lunch on the plane. Despite some minor (and they are really minor) complaints I, absolutely recommend this hotel for your stay in London. I didn't find anything of better value for money in a comparable location. Maybe not in the summer as there is no aircondition. The heating was on when we were there in late October and I was happy about that, in hotels I very often have to cope with a cold bathroom in the morning at this time of the year and I hate it. Wifi works, not very reliable though. It was completely down when we first tried it but we told the receptionist and the problem was sorted out in no time. So, I can really say that we enjoyed our stay.

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor room - less noisy Read the room specifications closely upon booking to check if you have ensuite facilities Not good for people who cannot climb up steep stairs
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
TheBridgeHotelTeam, Manager at The Bridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

Dear Guest :
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review, great to know that our central location to the City has been of benefit to you. It does make exploring London so much easier.

We are delighted that you found the staff to be friendly and that you enjoyed our red rose on arrival.

Thank you for bringing to our attention your views about the noisy students . We are talking to their management to come to amicable arrangement with them in regards to this issue.

We strive to provide the highest level of service to our guests at the hotel and we are looking forward to seeing you on your next trip .

Kind regards,

Reviewed 15 October 2013

It pains me to give this hotel a negative review. The owner and staff are so nice and friendly. But the insides of the hotel are pretty shabby and the construction build is more like home rather than commercial standards. The room was very small and aside from the excellent mattress, the furnishings in the room were decidedly economy. Worse yet, the rest room and shower room were very small and located outside the room and shared with occupants on another floor. For Americans, this is just not acceptable and amounts to a lack of privacy.

On the plus side, there were apples and oranges and a bottle of water placed in my room daily. The breakfast was inexpensive but I would say, still not worth it.

Location was fair. It is a short walk to Elephant and Castle metro but a long walk to the major attractions. Also being a college area, one night there were a couple of blokes yapping away at 2-3 am--for over an hour! Bring your ear plugs!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Carleton W
TheBridgeHotelTeam, Public Relations Manager at The Bridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel, we truly value the opinions of our guests and we apologize for the short comings in your stay.

In central London the rooms tends to be on the small side , due to the high costs , In our hotel we do provide en-suite rooms where the rest rooms (toilets) and showers are inside the rooms as well.

We are planning to give the hotel a more stylish look in the very near future, to bring it up to date .

You are absolutely right in that we do check the rooms on a daily bases to make sure that everything is spotless and the bottled water, fruit , tea and coffees are provided for.

If you are looking to visit London in the near future, I would ask that you get in touch with us directly , so that we can do our utmost to make up for your first visit .

Kind regards

Reviewed 9 October 2013

I stayed here for one evening before taking the Oxford Tube to Oxford University. When I arrived the staff was so welcoming, I felt like I was family. I am so thankful for the help the staff offered me, for the tips getting around as I was a student traveling alone, for the complimentary breakfast, and much more. Thank you so much Bridge Hotel, you are amazing and I wish you lots and lots of patronage and success in your business! You made my first night in London safe, clean, and very relaxing. The hotel also helped me get a taxi the next morning to Victoria Bus Station. Many many thanks!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
TheBridgeHotelTeam, Public Relations Manager at The Bridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review The Bridge Hotel.

Our aim here is to make sure that the guest are completely satisfied at all times ,and it is so satisfying when every thing that you have worked so hard for ,come together and that the guest are happy too.

We have great staff here who would love to help at every turn, from giving you tips on places to visit or where to get a good food.

We are very much looking forward to your next visit with us .

kind regards,

Reviewed 7 October 2013

Stayed a weekend at this hotel on an impulse trip - ordered only three-four days in advance. Very friendly staff and nice to receive a rose at arrival. The rooms are basic. Very central and walking distance to a number of different tube stations with quick access to the city.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
TheBridgeHotelTeam, Public Relations Manager at The Bridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2013

Dear Guest :

We are delighted that you found the staff to be friendly and that you enjoyed our red rose on arrival .

We are looking to updating our rooms in the near future.

Kind regards,