“Better than the brochure”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The Bridge Hotel

The Bridge Hotel
Ranked #610 of 1,088 Hotels in London
Brentwood, United Kingdom
“Better than the brochure”
Reviewed 10 February 2014

We picked the hotel because it was very close to a venue we were going to. The room we stayed in for one night was clean although dated, however there was fresh fruit in the bowl, 2 bottles of water, a fridge, a safe & I was given 2 fresh roses when we arrived.
The beds were clean & comfy. The shower was good & the toilet was very clean.

All in all it was a pleasant stay for us & better than anticipated considering where it is based.
The staff were very pleasant. The hotel does need modernising.

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor facing the street & main road & slept through until morning.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
The-Bridge-Hotel, Guest Relations Manager at The Bridge Hotel, responded to this review, 15 February 2014
Thank you for visiting The Bridge Hotel. We are a family run business and located in the heart of the worlds famous sights and and a stones through away from all local aminities. The area is filled with exciting Museums, Art galleries, London’s West End theatres, cinemas and fantastic Restaurants, dramatic sights and tourist attractions are only a few minutes’ walk.
Our aim at The Bridge Hotel is to prioritise the needs of our guests and strive to achieve 100% guest satisfaction we always ensure our guest are comfortable and relaxed and will endeavour to provided a good quality service. We are due to make further improvement which will allow us to improve the décor and add added facilities to allow our guest to have easier access to their rooms. We would like to say thank you for your possitive comments and feed back.

From The Bridge Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Belfast, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Hotel is next to a kebab shop and the whole hotel including bedrooms stank of kebabs. Felt like I needed a good wash after leaving. No 24 hr reception so had to creep out the side door when leaving and breakfast isn't served till 8am. Rooms were also quite noisy and the area didn't feel very safe. On the good side u do get fruit and a couple bottles of water in the room. Have honestly stayed in better hostels!

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Ajnorniron
Poole
Reviewed 2 February 2014

My wife needed to stay overnight for a visit to Southbank University and this is the nearest hotel. It is a little quirky with no lift and the rooms are small and some have to share a bathroom but she was more than satisfied for a single en suite room. The staff are extremely courteous and helpful in person but a little strange over the phone. Language might be the problem for some. The hotel is convenient for the Elephant and Castle tube station and buses to Waterloo mainline station and into central London. The need for this hotel may never arise for us again but others needing to be in this otherwise poorly served area might find it a useful overnight or tourist base.

Room Tip: Opt for an en suite room or you might have to share a bathroom
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
The-Bridge-Hotel, Guest Relations Manager at The Bridge Hotel, responded to this review, 8 February 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review and thank you for staying at The Bridge Hotel. The Bridge Hotel goes back to the 12th century, where it was home to a storehouse for stone & timber. In the 16th century it was used as a granary for corn storage against times of public shortages, and later the official residence of the two governors responsible for the maintenance of the bridge, namely Bridge House. In the near future looking to make further constructive and decorative improvements to the hotel with the idea of installing a lift, Which will allow our guest to access their rooms more easily. We believe all our rooms are well furnished and modern, with a flat-screen TV and tea/coffee making facilities. Most of the rooms have a private bathroom with shower, however the basic rooms with shared bathroom are of a very good standard are affordable at a less rate. We also provided free Wi-Fi which is available in each room and all rooms are cleaned on a regular basis.This family-run business aims to provide all our guests from diverse origins with a warm and friendly atmosphere for our guests who are strangers on arrival, but friends on departure and return as part of the extended family are always welcome. We always strive to make our guest time with us as pleasurable and welcoming as possible. We appreciate all our customers comments and reviews as this allows us to provide a better service to our guest and improve the quality of the hotel. We the staff and management of the hotel will always strive to achieve 100% guest satisfaction.

We would like to thank you once again for your review and your time at The Bridge Hotel.

Yours sincerely

Beijing, China
Reviewed 31 January 2014

I spent 5 nights in this hotel in December 2013. Room was very clean, good breakfast, Very good location, close to Times river. This was my first time come to London, I have no any idea about this city, I would like to find a hotel in central area. I was happy to choose this hotel. Staff is very helpful and friendly as well (I got flight in early morning they arranged taxi for me) . The restaurant offers good breakfast, plenty choice. The Bridge hotel is a great bargain that provides all the necessary amenities. Rooms are originally designed as whole building - simple but stylish and functional. Bathrooms equipped with powerful shower, hairdryer and towels, cleaned every day. Of course TV, fridge and teapot are in the bed room.
it is fair and worth recommendation. Summarizing I recommend this place for those who want to see london most interesting places on foot.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review and thank you for staying at The Bridge Hotel. We are happy to know your time spent with us was enjoyable and the hotel to your satisfaction. We hope you had the chance to experience London Museums, Art galleries, West End and buzzing night life. We aim to offer our guests a warm and friendly atmosphere and a ‘home away from home’ experience. We also aim is to offer all of our guests a quality experience that is second to none and always priorities the needs of our guests and therefore always strive to achieve 100% guest satisfaction. All our rooms have unlimited internet access and Flat screen TV so our guest can relax and enjoy their time whilst staying in London
The Bridge Hotel is located in the heart of London, offering comfortable accommodation at affordable prices compared to other hotels in the area. This family-run business aims to provide all our guests with a warm and friendly atmosphere for our guests who are strangers on arrival, but friends on departure and return as part of the extended family.
We hope you will visit us in the near future as it would be a pleasure to have you stay with us again.
From The Bridge Hotel
Weymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Just back from celebrating my big 50. Have to say the hotel was clean and done the job. Staff were friendly and I would not hesitate in staying here again. And I got £69 of the bill because it was my birthday

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Robin N
The-Bridge-Hotel, Guest Relations Manager at The Bridge Hotel, responded to this review, 25 January 2014
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review and thank you for staying at The Bridge Hotel. We hope your time was enjoyable and the hotel to your standards.

The Bridge Hotel aim is to provide a welcoming and friendly atmosphere for our guest and as part of our promotional birthday offer we decided to offer you a birthday gift, We hope that this was warmly received and happy to know that you will consider staying with us again.

The Bridge Hotel offers a special promotional offer to returning guest 10% discount off their next booking when stay more than one night at The Bridge Hotel.

Please visit our website for further promotional offers (This is discretionary and on the managements request).

Once again thank you for your review and your time spent with us at The Bridge Hotel.

Tampere, Finland
Reviewed 19 January 2014

I stayed at this hotel in December. I knew it was not going to be a 5 star hotel so I didn't expect that much. I had a pleasant stay and nothing really bothered me. Maybe the shower rooms, furniture et cetera could be a little more up-to-date, but it was fine with me.

My room was in the top floor and I really enjoyed it up there.

Room Tip: A lot of steps if You stay in the upper floors...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and thank you for staying at The Bridge Hotel. We at The Bridge Hotel aim to provide out guest with a warm and friendly atmosphere and welcome all comments. This allows us to progress and enables us to offer our guest a service to a high standard . We take on board your view and will look at making some changes in relation to the furniture in the near future and hope you will visit again when these changes happen.

We wish to thank you for you time spent at The Bridge Hotel and your review

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 5 January 2014

I spent 1 night at this hotel with my family. Although the rooms were not the most modern I've seen, this hotel showed the best hospitality I've experienced in a long time and it's a good choice if you're looking for a hotel in London that' close to the tube ( and Borough Market is just 5m away! )

When we arrived in the morning, they kindly kept our luggage for the day, and unlike some other hotels where they just say "OK" take it away and then you have to find it in the middle of other bags later on, at The Bridge Hotel they actually used more of a cloakroom system so they picked our luggage for me straight away after I gave them my receipt. It kind of makes me feel safer... I guarantee without any system I could have brought luggage that wasn't mine at other hotels... No one really knows anything.

We were also indulged with green tea at the reception, very lovely tea. They don't really have to compliment you with anything for free right, so I thought this was nice. After a quick talk during our tea they provided us with free bottles of water for our day in London, which I think was kind and thoughtful.

Our room was OK, properly clean and spacious (specially if you consider you're in London), again, not the most modern furniture but it had a nice LCD TV on the wall, full working radiators, Wi-fi worked fine, lots of fruit and bottles of water... Mattresses were comfortable, decent black-outs too. Not sure if we were lucky because we were on the top floor room but there was hardly any noise, so we had a good night sleep. There's also a Tesco 1m away if you want to nip out and get some drinks or food whenever you need.

The only con I could say here is the fact that the bathrooms and toilets are outside the room, which I already knew about but they looked worse than the rooms but were still very clean, they could just use a little refurbishment I think. They just look old and there are pipes showing on the walls, etc.

I would definitely stay here again though! Everyone was so friendly and the location is fantastic. If you are looking to stay a few nights in London, either with friends of family I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank xlip
Dear Guest,
The Bridge Hotel is located in the heart of London, offering comfortable accommodation at affordable prices. We aim to offer our guests a warm and friendly atmosphere and a ‘home away from home’ experience. Our aim is to offer all of our guests a quality experience that is second to none. We prioritise the needs of our guests and strive to achieve 100% guest satisfaction.
The area is filled with exciting Museums, Art galleries, London’s West End theatres, cinemas and fantastic Restaurants. You only require an afternoon stroll along the South Bank to visit the majority of the most dramatic sights and tourist attractions within a few minutes’ walk.
The Bridge Hotel offers an “all-in-one” price; which means our room rate includes continental breakfast, free fruits, bottled water and unlimited internet access in addition to other facilities in the room as shown below.
The Bridge Hotel aim is to provide a welcoming and friendly atmosphere for our guest and it is a great pleasure to know that your time spent at The Bridge Hotel was to your Satisfaction..