“Cheap and cheerful”
Review of The Bridge Hotel

The Bridge Hotel
Ranked #635 of 1,075 Hotels in London
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Stayed here as I had an interview in Southwark the following day. I stayed in a single room on the first floor, and my room was perfectly adequate. My room had a bottle of water, fruit and tea/coffee facilities and I'd certainly return. The only things I'd recommend to improve would be perhaps an extension lead (there was only one power point in the room, meaning I had to toss up between charging my phone, watching tv and having the lamp or kettle on) and better signage to the shared bathroom as I wandered the corridors for a little while trying to find it! It was all clean though and as the cheapest in the area I was more than happy. I'd go back!

Room Tip: If you're staying for one night and don't plan on showering, don't bother shelling out f...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Bethan19
The-Bridge-Hotel, Guest Relations Manager at The Bridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 February 2014

Dear Guest, Thank you for your review and thank you for staying at The Bridge Hotel. We are very happy that your stay with us met to your standards. Our aim at The Bridge hotel is to provide all our guests with the best level of comfort whilst staying with us. Our rooms are kept to a very high standard of cleanliness and will always endeavour to maintain this standard. The Bridge Hotel offers an “all-in-one” price; which means all our rooms includes, Free fruits, bottled water and unlimited internet access which Is of good quality in addition to other facilities. We at The bridge hotel will take on board your comment regarding an added extension lead. This is however kept in the reception area and when required will be provided upon request.

Once again we would like to thank for your review and thank your for staying at The Bridge Hotel.

Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 10 February 2014

We picked the hotel because it was very close to a venue we were going to. The room we stayed in for one night was clean although dated, however there was fresh fruit in the bowl, 2 bottles of water, a fridge, a safe & I was given 2 fresh roses when we arrived.
The beds were clean & comfy. The shower was good & the toilet was very clean.

All in all it was a pleasant stay for us & better than anticipated considering where it is based.
The staff were very pleasant. The hotel does need modernising.

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor facing the street & main road & slept through until morning.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for visiting The Bridge Hotel. We are a family run business and located in the heart of the worlds famous sights and and a stones through away from all local aminities. The area is filled with exciting Museums, Art galleries, London’s West End theatres, cinemas and fantastic Restaurants, dramatic sights and tourist attractions are only a few minutes’ walk.
Our aim at The Bridge Hotel is to prioritise the needs of our guests and strive to achieve 100% guest satisfaction we always ensure our guest are comfortable and relaxed and will endeavour to provided a good quality service. We are due to make further improvement which will allow us to improve the décor and add added facilities to allow our guest to have easier access to their rooms. We would like to say thank you for your possitive comments and feed back.

From The Bridge Hotel

Reviewed 2 February 2014

Hotel is next to a kebab shop and the whole hotel including bedrooms stank of kebabs. Felt like I needed a good wash after leaving. No 24 hr reception so had to creep out the side door when leaving and breakfast isn't served till 8am. Rooms were also quite noisy and the area didn't feel very safe. On the good side u do get fruit and a couple bottles of water in the room. Have honestly stayed in better hostels!

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Ajnorniron
Reviewed 2 February 2014

My wife needed to stay overnight for a visit to Southbank University and this is the nearest hotel. It is a little quirky with no lift and the rooms are small and some have to share a bathroom but she was more than satisfied for a single en suite room. The staff are extremely courteous and helpful in person but a little strange over the phone. Language might be the problem for some. The hotel is convenient for the Elephant and Castle tube station and buses to Waterloo mainline station and into central London. The need for this hotel may never arise for us again but others needing to be in this otherwise poorly served area might find it a useful overnight or tourist base.

Room Tip: Opt for an en suite room or you might have to share a bathroom
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
The-Bridge-Hotel, Guest Relations Manager at The Bridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 February 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review and thank you for staying at The Bridge Hotel. The Bridge Hotel goes back to the 12th century, where it was home to a storehouse for stone & timber. In the 16th century it was used as a granary for corn storage against times of public shortages, and later the official residence of the two governors responsible for the maintenance of the bridge, namely Bridge House. In the near future looking to make further constructive and decorative improvements to the hotel with the idea of installing a lift, Which will allow our guest to access their rooms more easily. We believe all our rooms are well furnished and modern, with a flat-screen TV and tea/coffee making facilities. Most of the rooms have a private bathroom with shower, however the basic rooms with shared bathroom are of a very good standard are affordable at a less rate. We also provided free Wi-Fi which is available in each room and all rooms are cleaned on a regular basis.This family-run business aims to provide all our guests from diverse origins with a warm and friendly atmosphere for our guests who are strangers on arrival, but friends on departure and return as part of the extended family are always welcome. We always strive to make our guest time with us as pleasurable and welcoming as possible. We appreciate all our customers comments and reviews as this allows us to provide a better service to our guest and improve the quality of the hotel. We the staff and management of the hotel will always strive to achieve 100% guest satisfaction.

We would like to thank you once again for your review and your time at The Bridge Hotel.

Yours sincerely

Reviewed 31 January 2014

I spent 5 nights in this hotel in December 2013. Room was very clean, good breakfast, Very good location, close to Times river. This was my first time come to London, I have no any idea about this city, I would like to find a hotel in central area. I was happy to choose this hotel. Staff is very helpful and friendly as well (I got flight in early morning they arranged taxi for me) . The restaurant offers good breakfast, plenty choice. The Bridge hotel is a great bargain that provides all the necessary amenities. Rooms are originally designed as whole building - simple but stylish and functional. Bathrooms equipped with powerful shower, hairdryer and towels, cleaned every day. Of course TV, fridge and teapot are in the bed room.
it is fair and worth recommendation. Summarizing I recommend this place for those who want to see london most interesting places on foot.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review and thank you for staying at The Bridge Hotel. We are happy to know your time spent with us was enjoyable and the hotel to your satisfaction. We hope you had the chance to experience London Museums, Art galleries, West End and buzzing night life. We aim to offer our guests a warm and friendly atmosphere and a ‘home away from home’ experience. We also aim is to offer all of our guests a quality experience that is second to none and always priorities the needs of our guests and therefore always strive to achieve 100% guest satisfaction. All our rooms have unlimited internet access and Flat screen TV so our guest can relax and enjoy their time whilst staying in London
The Bridge Hotel is located in the heart of London, offering comfortable accommodation at affordable prices compared to other hotels in the area. This family-run business aims to provide all our guests with a warm and friendly atmosphere for our guests who are strangers on arrival, but friends on departure and return as part of the extended family.
We hope you will visit us in the near future as it would be a pleasure to have you stay with us again.
From The Bridge Hotel

Reviewed 20 January 2014

Just back from celebrating my big 50. Have to say the hotel was clean and done the job. Staff were friendly and I would not hesitate in staying here again. And I got £69 of the bill because it was my birthday

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Robin N
The-Bridge-Hotel, Guest Relations Manager at The Bridge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review and thank you for staying at The Bridge Hotel. We hope your time was enjoyable and the hotel to your standards.

The Bridge Hotel aim is to provide a welcoming and friendly atmosphere for our guest and as part of our promotional birthday offer we decided to offer you a birthday gift, We hope that this was warmly received and happy to know that you will consider staying with us again.

The Bridge Hotel offers a special promotional offer to returning guest 10% discount off their next booking when stay more than one night at The Bridge Hotel.

Please visit our website for further promotional offers (This is discretionary and on the managements request).

Once again thank you for your review and your time spent with us at The Bridge Hotel.

Miss Brenda James

Reviewed 19 January 2014

I stayed at this hotel in December. I knew it was not going to be a 5 star hotel so I didn't expect that much. I had a pleasant stay and nothing really bothered me. Maybe the shower rooms, furniture et cetera could be a little more up-to-date, but it was fine with me.

My room was in the top floor and I really enjoyed it up there.

Room Tip: A lot of steps if You stay in the upper floors...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review and thank you for staying at The Bridge Hotel. We at The Bridge Hotel aim to provide out guest with a warm and friendly atmosphere and welcome all comments. This allows us to progress and enables us to offer our guest a service to a high standard . We take on board your view and will look at making some changes in relation to the furniture in the near future and hope you will visit again when these changes happen.

We wish to thank you for you time spent at The Bridge Hotel and your review

Miss Brenda James