“Ok, I guess.” 2 of 5 bubbles

Holiday Inn Express Earls Court
Ranked #310 of 1,086 Hotels in London
“Ok, I guess.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2013 via mobile

I understand that good hotels are tough to come by cheaply in London, but I was not a fan of this hotel. The beds were miserably uncomfortable. I was woken in the middle of the night by loud water noises whooshing through the room, and other people traveling with me notified the same. The location seemed a bit seedy. i have stayed near Victoria station for the same price and found the location and amenities to be better. There is only wifi in the lobby. The breakfast is fine, but I wouldn't stay here again.

Stayed June 2013
Shaun F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Earls Court, responded to this review, 18 June 2013
Dear LCafarella,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay here with us.

I am sorry you felt the area was a bit seedy, personally I think the area is a thriving and exciting part of London with a cosmopolitan feel.

Your comments are really useful to us as they help us to get a better understanding of how we are really doing.

I do hope you choose visit us again soon

Shaun Fitzgerald

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (186)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Cheltenham
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2013

This hotel is excellent value for money, clean, tidy, friendly and relatively good location - 5-10 minutes from Earls Court Station.

We stayed in the annex and the room was very new looking with the standard Holiday Inn format. My only criticism is that the bed was a bit soft and the duvet isn't the best quality but nevertheless we had a good night's sleep.

Breakfast is basic but a nice addition to a cheap (for London) stay.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ileftmyheartinTokyo
Shaun F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Earls Court, responded to this review, 14 June 2013
Dear ileftmyheartinTokyo,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your stay here with us at the Holiday Inn Express - London Earls Court Hotel.

I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay here with us, I sorry you felt the bed was too soft for you they bran new beds and I guess it is a personal preference when it comes to the hardness or softness of the beds. Your comments are really useful to us as they are a really good guide to how we are really doing and they help us with idea's to improve our service for all our guests in the future.

I do hope that you choose to stay with us again soon upon your next trip to London and we certainly look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel.

Glasgow, Scotland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2013

Clean, Friendly and a 5-10 min walk from 2 tube stations. We were a family with a 2 year old and loved the simplicity of the express status. Breakfast fantastic!!! Only down sides were the bar Prices (1 pint and 1 shandy pint £9.54) and the area didnt have anywhere we could go out as it was mainly local places and not many nice cafe's or restaurants I would feel comfortable using. West Brompton was a great walk as it was along all the other Hotels. West Kensington was a little scary as the shops are very local and don't seem to like strangers .... mmm. Otherwise loved our break and would return if the price was still low to accommodate for the area. P.s. im married to a Hotel Manager and even he was happy!! Well done Holiday Inn team xx

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Dear Missmusic76,

I am so glad that you enjoyed your stay here with us, I sorry you felt the local shops didn't seem friendly enough. I can assure you that if you go into some of the shops you will find that the staff will indeed be friendly and would be glad to serve you.

Malaga, Spain
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2013

Stayed here on regular business trip, hotel is clean, staff are efficient and friendly, beginning to wonder though if hotel is such good value for money now. situated out of centre, but prices seem to be creeping up, and I can now find hotels in centre for less.

Room Tip: ask for room in new section
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Shaun F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Earls Court, responded to this review, 7 June 2013
Dear Graham 187438,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your stay here with us at the Holiday Inn Express - London Earls Court.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay and you felt the reception team were friendly and efficient. I am sorry you are starting ro wonder about the price. Pricing is based on demand and occupancy levels if you book earlier then you have a better chance of a lower price.

It is always our goal to provide the best possible stay experience for all our guest's and your comments really help us to understand how we are really doing.

I do hope you have to opportunity to vist us again next time you come to the Uk.

Swansea, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2013

This hotel was fine for a one night stay as part of a business trip. Would also probably suit a longer stay for tourism as it's a pretty good location. The receptionist recommended a local Italian restaurant called Porcini's which is also a very good option.

Would stay again.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Ian R
Dear Ian R,

I am so please you enjoyed your stay and that you the local restaurant recommended by our reception team.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2013

I stayed here bank holiday weekend. Everywhere else in London were charging £300 per night for rooms as everywhere was busy. The HI express is a lovely budget hotel with private parking and great staff. Especially the front desk guy.

The breakfast was nice and free.

Would stay again for sure.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Mintboy,

I am so please you enjoyed your stay at our Hotel and found the value was good too.

Boston, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2013

I visited London with my partner. We had such a warm stay at this hotel. After a long night of flying and traveling we arrived a few hours before the check-in time. The receptionist was kind enough to find us a room to check into and make sure we were comfortable.

We received an excellent welcome, our room was in the annex and was very clean.I express my thanks to all the staff at this hotel, who during our recent visit were extremely polite & helpful. I direct my appreciation to the Italian receptionist Federica. Thanks a lot.

There is a fantastic Italian restaurant called "Porcini Pizzeria" only a few minutes walk from the hotel.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sky2013
Dear Sky2013,

I am so please you enjoyed your stay and you found the help provided by Frederica to be really welcoming.