“Good Clean Low Cost London Hotel”

Holiday Inn Express Earls Court
Ranked #322 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Cambridge, United Kingdom
“Good Clean Low Cost London Hotel”
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I have stayed here a couple of times and it is a great way of staying in London without feeling ripped off. The rooms are clean with good showers, the breakfast is more than good enough and access is a) very easy if you want to take the bus b) pretty easy if you take the tube.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank vonireland
Shaun F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Earls Court, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Dear vonireland,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay here with us at the Holiday inn Express London - Earls court Hotel.

I am so glad you like your stay here and that the location was of interest to you.
I do hope that you have the opportunity to book with us again soon.

Shaun Fitzgerald

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Lancashire
Reviewed 13 March 2014

On the surface, this is similar to many standard budget hotels but it certainly needs some updating. The curtains had a plastic type coating which wasn't very homely and some modernising of the decor would be welcomed.

The hotel had everything we needed on our business trip, a comfy bed with clean sheets and a clean bathroom, a good selection at breakfast and friendly staff. Breakfast was chaotic but we were staying during Wimbledon so it was full of tourists who used this hotel as a base.

I wouldn't choose to stay at this hotel again but as I mentioned it served our requirements.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank LancashireBridget
Shaun F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Earls Court, responded to this review, 14 March 2014
Dear Lancashirebridget,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay here with us at the Holiday Inn Express - London Earls Court.

I am pleased you recognised the good and friendly service of my staff and that you room was clean and the breakfast had a good selection and the bed was comfy. I am sorry you didn't like décor and that you thought it dated. We value all our guests comments and take them all to heart , however I do think your being a bit harsh with a score of two.

General Manager.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for 4 nights on business and it was my first ever time and all I can say is I would stay again.

Don't get me wrong the area it is located in isn't the greatest but for it's locality it is a 5 minutes walk to Earls Court, West Brompton and West Kensington so great access to most parts of the city and beyond.

The hotel itself I cannot fault. From the moment I checked in with the ever so pleasant reception staff, to the time I checked out, I can not think of anything negative to say about my stay.

The rooms are clean, spacious and very comfortable. Just what you would expect from a Holiday Inn Express. What impressed me was the bathroom. I know that may sound strange but I stay in plenty of hotels for work and many are part of the IHG chain and for any of their hotels this was better than some. Spacious and with a fantastic shower it helped make my stay a great one.

The hotel does have a bar and this is also where they serve the free breakfast. I didn't have one during my stay so can only say it smelt divine.

The free WIFI connection was good and always a welcome bonus of staying in this chain.

Dining options are limited. You can order via "room service" which there is a menu in the room for and is provided by an external company and delivered to your room. Again I didn't try this but was a nice service to have available if hunger strikes and you didn't want to go out.

If you do choose to head out for dinner then you are spoilt for choice with many restaurants and take aways on the door step. There is a Tesco's heading out towards West Kensington station so all essential can be purchased.

All in all a great stay in a very convenient location. I don't think you would be disappointed.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Iain K
Shaun F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Earls Court, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Dear Iain K,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a detailed review about your stay here at the Holiday Inn Express - London Earls Court Hotel.

I am so pleased you liked the rooms and that you found the location convenient, I do hope that you have the opportunity to come and stay with us again soon as I and my team would certainly look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel.

Yeovil
Reviewed 2 March 2014

We were working in close proximity to the hotel & found it to be perfectly suitable for our requirements. The hotel is well run with excellent front desk staff, the rooms are perfectly clean & presented, breakfast is very adequate & evening meals are only a stroll away in the local adjacent street.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Shaun F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Earls Court, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
Dear CRLMRL,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay here at the Holiday Inn Express - London Earls Court Hotel.

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay here with us and you found the hotel was as you expected. I am sorry you felt let down by the room service menu, This service is provided by a third party as stated on the menu. We will pass on your concerns about the service you received as they are our concerns too.

Thank you for your comments as they are taken to heart and they really do help us to understand just how we are really doing.

I do hope that you choose to come and stay with us again soon.

Leicestershire
Reviewed 28 February 2014

The hotel was very good for budget chain, room in annex seemed very new. Again the annex is very quiet and allowed for a good night sleep, I can't comment for the main building. The shower was much larger than other Holiday Inn Express's where we've stayed, the room was otherwise standard for the brand. Everywhere was very clean and staff are polite.

The location is equal distance between the West Kensington and West Brompton tube stations less than 10 minutes’ walk. If you want the museums in South Kensington catch the No 74 bus around the corner in Lille Road.

The buffet breakfast service was disorganised with a bottle neck at the toaster. The food is the same as all other HIE I've stayed at but the layout of the buffet needs some work as does the re-stocking of the various choices. However overall we would stay here again.

A good compromise on value against distance from the centre of London.

Room Tip: Choose the annex
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Shaun F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Earls Court, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Dear Duncx,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay here with us at the Holiday Inn Express - London Earls Court Hotel.

I am so pleased you liked the hotel and that you liked the rooms and location. I am sorry you felt that breakfast was a bit disorganised. Your comments really help us to understand what is working and what we need to do improve.

I do hope that you have the opportunity to stay with us again soon.

Valencia, Spain
Reviewed 27 February 2014 via mobile

I arrived early and there was a confusion over my booking which was the fault of my agent not the hotel's - all resolved very smoothly
The hotel room was as expected - clean and bright
Just one downside - the very tempting "in room dining " menu was a massive let down - it looks like it's cooked at the hotel - but in fact it's delivered on a bike with a guy in motor bike leathers !
I had to pay the courier - not what was expected - and the food itself was very very average
So just be a bit cautious of the "room service " - had I known I would have got my own take away from any of the many local ones
Check out was quick and efficient - and I have to say a special thank you to the young Polish guy who was only on his second day but was really friendly and very efficient - sorry can't recall his name
Relatively close to the District Line tube

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear BruceHunter,

I am so pleased you liked the hotel and that you liked Konrad (the polish chap) and found him friendly.

I do hope that you have the opportunity to stay with us again soon.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 February 2014

We stayed here for one night while visiting London, the hotel was well located and the staff very friendly, we couldn't have asked for much more and had everything you needed, wifi, nice shower, clean, good breakfast, good sized rooms, wouldn't have any issues with staying here again when visiting.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Shaun F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Earls Court, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Dear dan w,

I am so pleased you liked the hotel and that you would have no problem staying here again.

I do hope that you have the opportunity to come and stay with us again soon.