“Ideal for my trip”

Holiday Inn Express Earls Court
Ranked #319 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I recently went to the Scotland game and this was ideal location for getting there and staying over. I paid £107 for a nite with breakfast which is continental with hot food included. The room was clean and had everything I need and got a great nite sleep. Staff are helpful and friendly and the place is what you get, its an express hotel so if you want a full Holiday Inn experience go to a hotel that gives you that.
Hot showers and fluffy towels also and a tube station 500 yrds up the road so all in all great

Room Tip: Plenty of restraurants in the area and ease of tube staitions
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Shaun F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Earls Court, responded to this reviewResponded 30 May 2014

Dear bigstu1207,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay here with us at the Holiday Inn Express - London Earls Court Hotel.

I am pleased you liked the location and the service provided by my team and that you particularly liked the annex. All our guest comments are of such a great value to us as they really give us a true picture good or bad of what we need to do to improve.

I do hope that you have the opportunity to stay with us again soon.

Shaun Fitzgerald

Write a ReviewReviews (1,673)

Reviewed 21 May 2014

Very nice bedroom, with more style than many corporate hotels and for the price, very good value. Especially helpful chambermaid / room servers - a bonus for the hotel. These kind of hotels can be so anonymous and cold - cheerless with no personality yet I enjoyed this one... will return agian.

Room Tip: I believe not all rooms have been redone, so choose / ask for a blue room, it is lovely.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Shaun F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Earls Court, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear slammer9,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your stay here with us at the Holiday Inn Express - London Earls Court Hotel.

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay and that you appreciated the service you received from one of our chambermaids.

I do hope that you have the chance to come and stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

I am almost always lucky enough to stay in 4 and 5 start hotels during my extensive travel commitments and holidays. On this occasion I was part of an event that was organised for a large group and had no choice. I read the reviews and, based on some of these, I was not looking forward to the stay! I was pleasantly surprised.

In rating a hotel, one must take into account value for money - and I have rated this highly for this very reason .... if you want luxury, then pay the extra: if you want a pillow to rest your head, basic efficiency and adequate facilities ..... and a friendly staff, then this will suit you fine.........

Check in staff were really friendly and helpful. There is an secure luggage store if one arrives too early to check in.

The hotel does not have all of the high end amenities of a 4 / 5* hotel - but who would expect it to at this price point? I was placed in the annexe which is just 10 metres from the main building. Access to this building was by room card - thus giving a good level of security. The room was perfectly adequate with a pretty good shower, tea and coffee facilities and a double bed. This was, it has to be said, a small double. It was a hot day, but the room was cool enough. My main complaint would be the lack of wardrobe space and drawers. The room was clean.

Breakfast was help yourself and included scrambled eggs, sausages, bacon etc. There was a range of cereals and a very modest selection of fresh fruit. The pastries looked fine (croissants, pain aux chocolate, etc) but I did not taste these. Coffee was fine. There was no problem getting a table.

The location? Depends on what you like. The area (its Fulham more than Earls Court) is really ethnically mixed and vibrant with a street fruit market on the door step. Some of the barrows used have to be Victorian. This is a genuine old locla market with very low prices. Walk past this and you will come to a pedestrianised area with a couple of fine eating places where you can sit out and watch the world go buy. For a more authentic pub experience, try the Goose or the Barrow Boy opposite the market.

All kinds of restaurants are to be found here: Italian, Thai, Bangladesh, Philipino, Indian, Vietnamese and others. We had a drink in the pedestrain area and walked on another couple of minutes to Fulham Broadway where we ate at a branch of Thai Square ... and what a superb meal that was!

During the day, one can walk straight down Old Brompton Road to South Kensington in 15 - 20 minutes. Kings Road, Road Chelsea is another 10 minutes or so - this is one of my favourite shopping and people-watching areas, right down to Slaone Square.

Don't want to walk too much? There are two tube stations within about a six minute and a ten minute stroll.

After a long day at a conference, we had a drink at the hotel bar - it was fine, but a pub would have been better: we were just too tired to go any further. The bar stayed open beyond its advertised midnight closing time.

Check out was quick and efficient and they were happy to store our luggage and boxes for 10 hours until we were due to go the airport.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Xeta
Shaun F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Earls Court, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Dear Xeta,

I am so pleased that you liked the hotel and that you found us value for money.

I do hope that you choose to come and stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

We stay here on a regular basis and whenever we are in this side of London we try and get in here, The manager ANSHU is very professional but personal and attentive to your every need.,Reception staff the same.

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear TerryChelsea,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write about your stay here at the Holiday Inn Express - London Earls Court Hotel.

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay here with us and that you particularly liked the service provided by my team and one of our guest service managers Anshu.

I know Anshu really appreciates the mention and it is such a great way for guest to thank staff.

I do hope that you have an opportunity to come to London again soon and that you choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

This is our 2nd visit to this hotel, the last time was in 2012. We have always found it a well priced , clean hotel with easy access into London. They have added a new section to the hotel and it was great, plenty of room, large shower, and very comfortable bed. The breakfast while basic was ok

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Shaun F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Earls Court, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2014

Dear Michael P,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay here at the Holiday Inn Express - London Earls Court Hotel.

I am pleased you clearly liked the rooms in the annex building, cleanliness and the standard service my team provided for you. It is really great to hear from a guest who has come back for a second or third visit and that they have noticed improvements and we really appreciate your kind comments.

Your comments are really valuable to us as they are a great guide for us in how we are really doing and what we need to do to improve.

I do hope that you have the opportunity to come and stay with us again soon.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

My Sister, Daughter, and Granddaughter stayed at this property at
Easter break. The hotel is in a good location with two tube stops about a 10 minute walk from the hotel. The bus stops right around the corner on Liley Road as well.

We had two rooms, our request for adjoining was granted. We found the hotel to be very clean, comfortable beds, and a large bathroom in each room with a very good shower.

All linens appeared to be new and sparkling white. Best towels ever at a hotel. Bath towels large and fluffy. A great tea/coffee station and a nice t. v., free wifi thruout the hotel. A computer in the lobby for all to use free of charge.

Breakfast was included and was plentiful, each day scrambled (good) eggs, sausage, toast, croissants, butter, jelly, yogurt,cold cuts and some fruit.

This hotel exceeded our expectations. Hello to Allesandra who helped make our stay wonderful. The reviews are correct, this property gets alot of families from all over the world. All questions are answered with a smile. They really cannot do enough for you.

Thank you to all for the great stay.

Duane/Naomi/Laura/Eliza

Room Tip: If you need more beds ask for the double with the sofa sleeper
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Duane D
Shaun F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Earls Court, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

Dear Duane D,

I am so pleased that you and your family enjoyed there stay here and that you really liked our Hotel Towels in particular. I know that Alessandra will certainly appreciate your kind comments and they are a great way for you to say thank you for an individuals good service.

I do hope that you have the opportunity to come and visit us again soon.

Reviewed 26 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed there for 3 days
The hotel has new 3 floors building which is the one that I stayed inn

This New building has the blue theme rooms which I found it a relaxing color

The smell of cleanliness and freshness was really awesome may because it is still new

The aircondion works fine hot and cold
The breakfast is ok too
There is a very near by street market which was very interesting to see,have a walk and explore it .

Only 2 things that was inconvenient to me, the floors of the new building are wood covered by wall to wall carpet so you can hear the steps of the people staying in the room above you, so if you are bothered by hearing steps choose your room in the 3 rd floor as there will be no room above you

Also the nearest metro station is not near. . It is about 10 to 15 min walk but there is 2 near by bus stations

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank M_Kewan
Shaun F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Earls Court, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Dear M_Kewan

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel so much and that you found the Freshness and cleanliness particularly pleasing.

I do hope that you do consider coming back to visit London again soon and that you choose to stay with us again.