“Good hotel outside central London”

Holiday Inn Express Earls Court
Ranked #321 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Good hotel outside central London”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

The staff here are very friendly and welcoming and the building new and clean. I was on business and found the WiFi to be decent. I wasn't able to get breakfast because the restaurant was packed. I went across the street to a local restaurant instead. Also, the hotel is a bit of a hike from Earl's Court tube station. Otherwise, I'd go here again

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Tina P, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Earls Court, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear InLondonAgain,

Thank you for the feedback on your stay at the Holiday Inn Express London Earls Court. I am pleased you like the hotel and it was ideal for the purpose of your stay in London.
All comments good or bad are welcome as they are a great guide as to how we are really doing and what we need to work on to improve.

Tina Palm
Deputy General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (189)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Yorkshire, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 July 2014

We stayed here for 2 nights to visit Wimbledon and if you're doing the same I really wouldn't hesitate in staying here. It's a few minutes walk to West Brompton and then a short ride on the District Line. Get off at Southfields and follow the crowds and signs...you can't go wrong! Worth mentioning get back on at Southfields too at the end of the day. We walked to Wimbledon and after a long day it's quite hard work!

As for the hotel itself we were in the annex and found it lovely and clean and lovely and quiet. The staff were superb here and so friendly and helpful.

The free breakfast is great but if you are going to offer it make sure there are enough cups and crockery to go around or it lets down what is otherwise a great hotel and a great brand of hotel. I say the latter point as this seems to happen frequently at Holiday Inn Express breakfast time throughout the country. C'mon just invest in some extra crockery!

The only other negative but quite a big one - as it was Wimbledon we paid around £140 a night for the room. This is a lot so it was a but of a hiccup that our room wasn't cleaned beyond throwing some clean towels on top of the toilet and pulling up the sheet on the bed! The bathroom had run out of shampoo/shower gel and toilet roll and the tea/coffee wasn't refilled.

Worth mentioning that being able to leave luggage is a great help to tourists too.

So...definitely think of this hotel for Wimbledon and Earls Court Exhibitions. It's about a 15/20 minute walk to Earls Court tube station but if you don't mind this and a short tube ride then this could be a great hotel for seeing central London too.

I would definitely stay here again. Thanks!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Hinckley, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I stayed here for 6 nights while I was attending a course nearby. Every single member of staff I saw was smiling and friendly, and helpful.
The room was perfectly good, comfortable bed (with choice of soft or harder pillows), settee, nice sized desk area to work at (with free wifi) plus a good shower and all the usual TV, kettle, etc. I was very pleased to find that there was virtually no road noise - literally just a couple of times I heard emergency vehicle sirens, but no general traffic noise at all. An air con / heater unit meant the room temperature was easily controlled.
There was a selection of breakfast choices - cereals, cheese, fruit, yoghurt, croissants, cakes, sausages, beans, egg, bread & rolls, (no vegetarian sausages although the lady on reception did say if I bought any foods they would willingly cook them for me, but they did have soya and rice milk). There is an excellent vegetarian restaurant almost opposite!
It was often late evening when I returned and even though I was alone I never felt unsafe.
I would willingly stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Shaun F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Earls Court, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear Pat P,

I am so glad you like the Hotel and that you really appreciate the service provided by my team and that you found the location was particularly good and the room quiet and restful.

Mentor
Reviewed 22 July 2014

They really wanted to please us during our stay. Just about everyone on the staff was smiling and cheerful every day with the exception of one woman. They were more than willing to do whatever they could to ensure we had a pleasant stay.

I had made a mistake in my reservation and they corrected my mistake even though it was my fault. And they did it cheerfully and made certain I did not feel bad about the error being mine. I would defnitely stay here again based on their attentiveness.

The bar area was very comfortable and we watched Wimbledon and World Cup with other guests nearly every night. We were able to bring our own food and drink into this area which was very cost effective! (There were some convenience stores just across the street where we could buy drinks and snacks.)

I was recognized as a Platinum member upon check-in and provided all the perks (free internet, free drink, late check-out).

The best part was that we had a large shower stall -- no tub to crawl over and potentially hurt yourself (have done that before!) Hence, my husband did not get the full UK bathing experience that I have struggled with on previous visits to London (ha! ha!)

I do wish that the rooms had some drawers where I could keep my personal items, like underwear, socks, night gown. The bed was small, but I will chalk that up to UK standards being below that of other countries in North America, South America, and Asia.

The closest Tube station is West Brompton, but even that was a 10 minute walk. The area is a bit 'edgy,' so I am glad I never walked alone at night.

However, all in all, it was a very pleasant stay.

Room Tip: We were in the 'annex,' but I don't know if this was good or bad. You had to go outside...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mk25900
Dear mk25900,

I am so glad you like the Hotel and that you really appreciate the service provided by my team, I does make me proud of them when I read such great comments about them and I know they will certainly appreciate your comments.

Sudbury, Canada
Reviewed 20 July 2014

It is very difficult to find hotel rooms for families in Europe but at least this one had a queen with sofa bed for the wife and daughter. Very easily accessible via tube. You can either exit the West Kensington station or the Earls Court station on the District line. We quickly became tube pros by the end of the second day. The rooms are nice and clean and the staff do an outstanding job every day. We were very well received at check in and recognized as IHG platinum members. The breakfast was OK but could have more variety. It was the same thing every day. There is a place to do laundry right across the street if you are in London for an extended amount of time. We would definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: We stayed in the annex. Very quiet.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Shaun F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Earls Court, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear bucko007,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review on TripAdvisor about your stay here with us at the Holiday Inn Express - London Earls Court Hotel.

I am very happy that you were pleased with your stay and that you found the Family room was just right for your trip to London and that you felt the service by my team was great too.

I do hope that you and your family have the opportunity to come and stay with us again soon.

Northampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Quick, polite and friendly check-in. A pleasant, modern, comfortable basic room in the "annex" building with very welcome air-conditioning. The room was extremely quiet - no road noise or other external noise, which I'm always pleased about.

I had a couple of drinks in the bar - again, friendly service.

For me the location was very good - the 74 bus leaves from Lillie Road just around the corner and goes up to Baker Street via Marble Arch, which was perfect for my evening out.

Check-out was also easy and quick, so overall a very satisfactory stay and a hotel that is firmly on my "would stay again" list.

Room Tip: I found the "annex" room very acceptable.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Shaun F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Earls Court, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear Jorganmeister ,

I am so pleased you enjoyed your stay here at the hotel and that you liked the quick efficient and friendly service provided by my team.

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay here with us and I do hope that you get the opportunity to stay again.

We are happy to be on your definitely would stay again list.

Montreal, QC
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Our family stayed two nights at the end of June and had a great visit. Staff is helpful, breakfast is included and plentiful, location is close to tube stop, and some great neighbourhood pubs. Isn't in the center of things, but easy to hop a bus to the tube, or just a short walk to the tube. We thought it was great value, the room was very small, but luckily we only slept in it!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear CMADMontreal_QC,

I am so pleased you felt the hotel was value for money and that you liked the accommodation and the service provided by my team.