“Nice hotel for a great price”

Holiday Inn Express Earls Court
Ranked #320 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Sunnyvale, California
“Nice hotel for a great price”
Reviewed 15 August 2014

We traveled as a family (2+2) and this was a great hotel to stay. We arrived at 10:00 am and although our check-in time was at 2:00pm, the staff was very accommodating and checked to see if our room was cleaned and available? We were lucky and our room was available and they checked us in immediately.

There's a free breakfast every morning. There's bread, croissants, scrambled egg, baked beans, sausage, cereals, coffee, tea, hot/cold milk, juices, bananas and apples. The breakfast gave us a head start. We could get to museums and other places early.

The location is great as well. It's in zone 2 (just outside zone 1 ) on the tube map. West Kennsington station is about 8-10 minute walk from the hotel. There are frequent buses too from the hotel to the underground station if you'd like to take that.

There are a number of small takeout places around for food and some dine-ins. There are two Indian, a few pizza/burger/kebab places and a Chinese restaurant too. Tesco (grocery chain) is about 12-15 mins walking distance.

The room was small (as expected in London) was very clean and comfortable. The bathroom was designed very well . If you organize yourselves a little, you can stay comfortably. We had seven bags and had not problem moving around.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank MohanTrip
Shaun F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Earls Court, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear MohanTrip,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a detailed review about your stay here with us. I am really pleased that you like the Hotel and the services we provided. I really appreciate your comments on the size of the room and I pleased that even though the room is smaller than you expected you were able to organise yourself to make it a comfortable and pleasant stay.

Shaun Fitzgerald

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Celebration, Florida
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

The hotel was very clean, but the rooms were very small. No place to leave an open suitcase, only a couple of hangers. If you're staying more than a couple of days, breakfast gets boring. The staff was always incredibly helpful.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Shaun F, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Earls Court, responded to this review, 15 August 2014
Dear Parkmom3,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay here with us at the holiday Inn Express - London Earls Court Hotel.

I am glad you like the cleanliness of the Hotel and you thought our team really friendly and helpful.

Shaun Fitzgerald
Canada
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I knew coming to London that rooms would be small. However, I did not expect them to be bad. I stayed at the Earls court Holiday Inn for 6 nights with my 2 daughters. The location was kind of sketchy. Not frightening, but certainly not nice, with very few decent amenities (although lots of places to buy kebabs). Although it was a 5 minute walk to the underground which I understand is good, it does not help if you have to take a train everywhere because there is nothing decent nearby. The lobby of the hotel was fine, the people at the front desk helpful and friendly, but the room for the 3 of us was kind of like staying in your old roommate from college's spare bedroom. Nothing in the way of luxuries or décor, just a very small bed and a fold out that was like an old futon. It set the tone for the rest of the trip in Europe when my girls opened the door to the room and were disappointed right off the bat. I realize London is very expensive, but for the price we paid I really expected a nicer hotel.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Tina P, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Earls Court, responded to this review, 10 August 2014
Dear JohninCanada,

Thank you for staying at the Holiday Inn Express London Earls Court and for the feedback on your stay.

All comments good or bad are welcome as they are a great guide as to how we are really doing and what we need to work on to improve.

I do hope that you have the opportunity to come and stay with us again.

Maidenhead, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Stayed here as we were going to the comedy store. Were really disappointed as staff seemed unfriendly and unhelpful. We had a problem with our room which didn't seem like it had been serviced and we waited ages for someone to come and correct it. Not enough tea and coffee portions provided in the room. Breakfast was alright but nothing special and we would have expected a better choice. Would not stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Kevin D,

Thank you for the feedback about your stay with us at the Holiday Inn Express London Earls Court.

I am so sorry to read the staff did not give an immediate attention to the query you raised during your stay. Your feedback good or bad are welcome as they are a great guide as to how we are really doing and what we need to work on to improve.

I do hope that you have the opportunity to come back to stay with us again.

Bedfordshire
Reviewed 1 August 2014

A room was booked for 2 adults and 2 children, our ages from 68 to 8 years. Only one bed made, had to ring for bed linen for second bed. It was booked as a family room, but I do not think it is correct to sleep in the same bed as one of my grandchildren. Second day got back to our room late at night and it had not been serviced. Half a cup of cold tea beside one bed, and dirty breakfast dish and glass by the other. This has put me off staying in a Holiday Inn again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Tina P, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Earls Court, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear BattleBedfordshire,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay here at the Holiday Inn Express - London Earls Court Hotel.

I am sorry to hear that your room was not made up for a family of 2 adults and 2 children. All our double rooms with sofa beds are made up on request and should be done before check-in. I apologies for the inconvenience caused to you for the room not made up before arrival and also for the room not serviced on your second day. It is with your feed back that we continue to improve on our service standards and continuous training are carried out with all staff involved.
I do hope that you have the opportunity to come and stay with us again the near future.

York
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

What an amazing place. It was my first uk holiday and arriving at this hotel I really felt overwhelmed with gratitude to the staff who were the most helpful I have encountered in any if my trips to other destinations. I needed to contact my elderly mother to tell her my son and I had arrived safely and the night reception staff, Singh and another young man couldn't have been more helpful as I wasn't sure of how to dial my area codes and my international phone card wasn't working. The other young man with dark hair even got his personal mobile out and tried to call Australia for me so we could work out the code! When we finally got through it went straight to answer machine and then when mum called back Singh let me speak to her after trying to contact her again. Throughout our stay Singh was a friendly smiley face despite how hard he worked, the housekeeping staff were delightful and our room in the annex was faultless. The location is fantastic, we loved walking five minutes down the road to west kensington and getting in the tube. There is a cheap laundromat across the road from the hotel which was so handy for inexpensive washing and there are loads of restaurants and convenience stores opposite. Tesco is about 5 minutes away. It was a fantastic stay and we will definitely be back. Thanks so much to the staff who are amazing professionals. We loved our stay here :)

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Gwen2093
Dear Gwen2093,

I am so pleased you found the services during your stay was excellent and that you liked the hotel in general.

I am glad to also know that the staff and including housekeeping and especially Singh, were helpful and friendly.

It is so pleasing to get these positive reviews as they so help to encourage the effort made by my team.

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how your stay was here at the Holiday Inn Express - London Earls Court Hotel.

I do hope that you have the opportunity to come back to England and that you choose to stay with us again.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 30 July 2014

The staff here are very friendly and welcoming and the building new and clean. I was on business and found the WiFi to be decent. I wasn't able to get breakfast because the restaurant was packed. I went across the street to a local restaurant instead. Also, the hotel is a bit of a hike from Earl's Court tube station. Otherwise, I'd go here again

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Tina P, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Earls Court, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear InLondonAgain,

Thank you for the feedback on your stay at the Holiday Inn Express London Earls Court. I am pleased you like the hotel and it was ideal for the purpose of your stay in London.