“A guesthouse without any fuss”

Westminster House Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Westminster House Hotel
Ranked #953 of 1,063 Hotels in London
Killarney, Ireland
“A guesthouse without any fuss”
Reviewed 18 February 2011

We stayed twice at the hotel before that and we keep coming back because it is fairly cheap for London and it is very conveniently located in the surroundings of Victoria Station from where you could go anywhere (especially the airports).
The staff is nice, but you only see them at check-in to be honest...
The hotel is located in a very quiet residential area so you are guaranteed a good night sleep.
The building itself is a Victorian building, which is quite charming, but there is no lift, so get ready for the staircase if you are sleeping on the last floor! lol
Breakfast itself is not really a breakfast as there is no breakfast room... You will just find a tray with a fruit juice and a small croissant in your room. Tea and Coffee are available in the rooms themselves.
It is very basic but clean and centrally located so it was good enough for us!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with family

Prague, Czech Republic
Reviewed 18 February 2011

This hotel is a pleasant surprise for all travelers to London, who like to keep the budget low. Staff was nice and helpful, if you're respectful too. The way I felt it, it's more like a family business.
For the price of hostel room with 10+ beds, you can get a cozy room, with bathroom and shower. There might not be a "social room", fitness or a hotel bar, but that's not really why you came to London, is it?
The room itself was not very big. But it was clean, with a little table where you could make a tea or coffee. There was a little bit of mold on the shower wall, but nothing too horrible.
But let me tell you about the location! It doesn't get much better than this. You will be staying in the center of London. 10 minutes from Victoria station, 20 minutes from Westminster Abbey, Houses of Parliament or Buckingham palace. Or if you like long walks in park, 10 minutes from Hyde park.
To sum up, it is superb place to stay, if you're in London to do some sightseeing and if you plan to leave early, come back late, get a shower and sleep comfortably. And in addition, you get to keep the budget low.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 18 August 2010

Finding the hotel was very easy and the location is great, as it is a 5-minute walk to Victoria Station. Staff was very nice, too. However, the bathroom was very dirty and run-down. Things were falling apart and mold was everywhere on the ceiling, which made a terrible smell that made me gag. Renovation of the bathroom is desperately needed. Bedroom was clean and small. But it was very hot weather and no air conditioning so my 2 friends and I were suffocating in the heat. I wished I booked somewhere else.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled with friends

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

New York City, New York
Reviewed 11 September 2009

First impression was "wow"! Looked fancy, from the outside. Hauled my luggage up to the very top room, opened the door to a depressing looking room. All the furniture and bedding looked about 20 years old. The room smelled moldy and dirty. Thank god I didn't spend much time in it. The bathroom was absolutely disgusting, it looked like it hadn't been touched in years. The one redeeming quality was being within walking distance to some major attractions.

• Stayed May 2008, travelled solo
scotland
Reviewed 14 May 2009

It is really really good hotel, not luxurious but comfortable. nice and friendly people runing it, they don't pretend to be kind like many business people just to get your money but they are honestly kind. fantastic location, clean room. if you are looking for good hotel in london, then don't waste your time, this is one of them. you will feel safe inside and outside the hotel. also many famous people stayed their, ask them for the list. london is fantastic, so enjoy it.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank 4evertraveller
vancouver
Reviewed 15 January 2009

I visited london 4 times in my life and everytime i had problems findind a good hotel. But this one is without any doubt the best hotel i stayed in for a long time. The location is perfect, only a few minutes walk to buckingham palace and other nice places, you feel very safe inside and outside the hotel, as a woman with 2 children i did not have any problem (my husband joined us 2 days later). It looks old though, but It is very clean hotel, fresh and clean [--], towels,soap...
But the most important thing about this hotel is the friendliness of the staff and the genuine kindness of the manager or owner, Johnny. We made a reservation for 2 people but we brought our 2 children with us; But it was not a problem as they gave us a family room with no extra charge. This place is really cozy and you feel at home here...
So thank you so much for making our holiday a special one especially to Christina, Andreea, Anna, Liza, Mirela and of course to Johnny. We'll send you a card from Canada and hope to see you next year !

Just one more thing: before we left this hotel we asked the manager why some people wrote bad reviews about your hotel ?he said that if some people smoke in the rooms or drunk and disturbed other guests or behave badly we have the right to ask them to leave for the peace of other guests. It is not possible to please everybody .

• Liked — The rooms have character,they look old fashion and they remind me of old historical England
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2 Thank Allsweetness
Minnesota
Reviewed 16 October 2008

For the first five days our our trip to England in August 2008, we stayed here. The room we had was just okay but it needed a lot of maintainance (wallpaper coming off, lights that didn't work, leaky shower door) but it was okay enough to remain there. After spending two nights in another city, I came back by myself and stayed at Westminster again. This time just for one night. I got a different room than before. What was really bad in this room was the mold in the bathroom (behind the sink, in the shower, on the shower head, and on the wall and ceiling). I was glad I was staying for only one night. I told the manager about the mold when I left. He said he didn't know about it and waits for the cleaning staff to inform him of any problems. In my opinion, I think the manager should occasionally check rooms to make sure everything is okay and not wait for the cleaning staff to tell him. Most of the maintenance work required would not take much money , just some time and routine cleaning. Therefore, after my experience I wouldn't recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — Excessive mold in bathroom
  • Stayed August 2008, travelled with family