Marylebone Hall
  • Restaurant
  • Free Internet
Adams Hotel(London)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 June 2013

I traveled to London for work. The firm I was visiting put me up at the University of Westminister's Marlyebone Hall of Residence for five days. Since they were paying, I couldn't say much, I would not have booked it for myself. Here are my thoughts:

PROS
Location: It's across the street from the Baker Street Tube station and right on the edge of the trendy Marlyebone neighborhood.
Price: It would be nearly impossible to find a room with a private, en-suite bath for less money than this in central London.
Internet: Every room has internet, accessible with cables provided by the residence hall.

CONS
Noise: My room was unacceptably noisy. All night I heard a high-pitch ringing noise. It was like insane tinnitus. My room, 7L, was located of the hall right behind the elevators, and I presume that the electrical equipment for the elevator was emitting the noise. It was awful. Even earplugs didn't help much.
Light: The curtains are almost useless.
Bathroom size: I like small hotel rooms, and I didn't mind the small room -- which was very small. But the bathroom was simply absurdly small. Perhaps I shouldn't complain since I did have an en-suite bathroom, but the bathroom was little larger than an airplane lavatory. Every time I tried to bend over, I banged my arm or head on the wall or sink.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank poldyblooom
Reviewed 18 January 2013

This hotel has a great location next to Oxford, but on a quiet street Beautiful cozy rooms clean, you should upgrade the room that a regular room of his size too small Breakfast is very rich and most importantly accommodating staff that satisfies each request

Room Tip: Recommends rate Standard Double or Studio
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank avivit l
Reviewed 9 August 2012

I stayed here for a week in July whilst volunteering at the olympics. Its quite basic uni halls but much better than any of the other halls i have seen. Staff are friendly and rooms are very clean. They have recently been refurbished.

You can access the halls 24hrs, and they are secure and safe. The halls are in a good location, accross the road from baker street station, so there is easy access around central London. You can also walk to regent street, regents park and oxford street from the halls.

I dont know what they are like in term time, but over the summer, the halls seemed quiet.

Not many negative points, just that there is no wi fi, but you can use the wired internet free. Also, the building has 21 floors, luckily i was on the 4th, as one of the lifts was broke during most of my stay there.

Overall, a great place to stay to get around London.

Room Tip: Remember some people compare cheaper hotels and halls to 5star hotels, you get what u pay for
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Kathryn_321
Reviewed 20 July 2012

Benefits - Extremely convenient location in central London, right by Baker Street Tube station, very friendly/helpful staff (they let me store my luggage in the building when I arrived too early for check in), laundry facilities on site, amazing rates given the location

Drawbacks - the fire alarm did go off three times over the course of my six day stay, the rooms are somewhat small

Ultimately, given the location and price, this is a great option if you're looking to save money on accommodations

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Simone G
Reviewed 18 July 2012

I'm staying here at the moment. The place is extremely well kept and the staff are absolutely wonderful. The staff go the extra mile for any information that you are in need of. The location of the building is very convenient to stores, attractions and transportation. The location is so perfect, that I opened my window one night and could hear Madonna herself performing live. Free concert!

There are no bed bugs, and the water is just fine. My room is cleaned perfectly every day, with a fresh towel and brand new garbage bag waiting for me when I return from spending the day out.

My only complaints are that there is no electrical socket in the bathroom for a hair dryer (I've had to sit in front of my laptop using my webcam to see what I'm doing) and the fire alarms keep going off left, right and centre, making it nearly impossible for a good night's sleep. When I arrived, the fire alarm went off and the staff just rolled their eyes. There are also only 4 washers and 4 dryers, so it's a bit of a contest to get one, unless you're there spot on at 7 pm.

Would I stay here again? Yes. Service is wonderful, excellent housekeeping, very convenient.

Room Tip: Ask for a room higher up and preferably on the even numbered floors. All I can hear is construction.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo