“Good location but would never stay again.”
Review of Marylebone Hall

Marylebone Hall
Ranked #814 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 15 July 2013

I would never stay in this place again! The elevator was not working for a whole week! The rooms are terribly small, especially the bathroom I couldnt even move inside it! And when I took a shower the light would go off every 2 minutes because it is movement sensored. The bed is made out of like plastic and it was so uncomfortable. There is no wifi, not in the rooms, not in the lobby. Just a cable for the laptops. Last but definitely not least, a bag of clothes was stolen from my room and they did nothing about it. They made me fill out a form and that was it. Terrible terrible place! Would not recommend it at all.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank anamartinez11

Reviewed 8 July 2013

No record of our booking on arrival. Were allocated 2 rooms but mine hadn't been cleaned since the previous occupant. Arriving back the following evening, my belongings had been removed from my room and we were told that that floor had been booked for another party, they would try to find us alternative accommodation, possibly in another building! We went out for the evening not knowing where we would be staying that night. We were allocated penthouse rooms on return, which were fine. Good location, staff are pleasant, but could be better managed and booking issues did spoil it somewhat.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 June 2013

Because our previously booked accommodation (GoNative serviced apartments) cancelled on us two days before our arrival, we scrambled to find this place and stayed a total of 6 nights. I only had hot water in my shower for two and a half days. Bed was springy and uncomfortable and bathroom was so tiny. When the toilet was flushed, you could feel water spraying on your legs. The bathroom was that small! The staff changed constantly so getting someone to help me settle into a new room took a long time. When I switched into a new room, the room was not cleaned as it should have been. It also became inconvenient to contact my friend who was originally staying next to me as our keys could not access each other's corridors.The positives about this place are probably the location and the relative cleanliness. Oh yes, it was nice they provided hairdryers and irons too. If you are a working adult on a holiday - stay elsewhere.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 June 2013

I traveled to London for work. The firm I was visiting put me up at the University of Westminister's Marlyebone Hall of Residence for five days. Since they were paying, I couldn't say much, I would not have booked it for myself. Here are my thoughts:

PROS
Location: It's across the street from the Baker Street Tube station and right on the edge of the trendy Marlyebone neighborhood.
Price: It would be nearly impossible to find a room with a private, en-suite bath for less money than this in central London.
Internet: Every room has internet, accessible with cables provided by the residence hall.

CONS
Noise: My room was unacceptably noisy. All night I heard a high-pitch ringing noise. It was like insane tinnitus. My room, 7L, was located of the hall right behind the elevators, and I presume that the electrical equipment for the elevator was emitting the noise. It was awful. Even earplugs didn't help much.
Light: The curtains are almost useless.
Bathroom size: I like small hotel rooms, and I didn't mind the small room -- which was very small. But the bathroom was simply absurdly small. Perhaps I shouldn't complain since I did have an en-suite bathroom, but the bathroom was little larger than an airplane lavatory. Every time I tried to bend over, I banged my arm or head on the wall or sink.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank poldyblooom
Reviewed 18 January 2013

This hotel has a great location next to Oxford, but on a quiet street Beautiful cozy rooms clean, you should upgrade the room that a regular room of his size too small Breakfast is very rich and most importantly accommodating staff that satisfies each request

Room Tip: Recommends rate Standard Double or Studio
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank avivit l
Reviewed 9 August 2012

I stayed here for a week in July whilst volunteering at the olympics. Its quite basic uni halls but much better than any of the other halls i have seen. Staff are friendly and rooms are very clean. They have recently been refurbished.

You can access the halls 24hrs, and they are secure and safe. The halls are in a good location, accross the road from baker street station, so there is easy access around central London. You can also walk to regent street, regents park and oxford street from the halls.

I dont know what they are like in term time, but over the summer, the halls seemed quiet.

Not many negative points, just that there is no wi fi, but you can use the wired internet free. Also, the building has 21 floors, luckily i was on the 4th, as one of the lifts was broke during most of my stay there.

Overall, a great place to stay to get around London.

Room Tip: Remember some people compare cheaper hotels and halls to 5star hotels, you get what u pay for
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Kathryn_321
Reviewed 20 July 2012

Benefits - Extremely convenient location in central London, right by Baker Street Tube station, very friendly/helpful staff (they let me store my luggage in the building when I arrived too early for check in), laundry facilities on site, amazing rates given the location

Drawbacks - the fire alarm did go off three times over the course of my six day stay, the rooms are somewhat small

Ultimately, given the location and price, this is a great option if you're looking to save money on accommodations

• Stayed: July 2012