“Yo get what you pay for”
Review of Bakers Hotel

Bakers Hotel
Ranked #966 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Dont Know, Im a traveler
“Yo get what you pay for”
Reviewed 22 April 2012

Bakers Hotel

+Close to Victoria station, about 7min walking distance.

-Very very small room.
-Dirty, hair on the bed, dust on the closet etc.
-No bathroom/wc in the room, its on the floor below and have to share it with other.

Its a Bed & Breakfast, not a fancy hotel.
We had room no.3 thats the first floor.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank SilverFang13

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Greek first
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 22 April 2012

Very good location. Easy to go to the Victoria station and coach station.
Room was good. They have tea and a kettle.
One bad point . My room was 3rd floor. Somebody walking around and make some noise in the 4th floor in the midnight. It was noisey . It was wake me up.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 April 2012

I suppose for this price you actually get what you pay for. The only good thing about this hotel is its central location.
The room smelled like mould and it looked kind of worn out. The furniture was old and the mattress terrible to sleep on.
There is no proper reception and most of the time there wasn't anybody around to answer my questions. In the morning I was extremely surprised to find in the kitchen a guy dressed very sporty and wearing no shoes at all - just socks. Well, he was supposed to be the person in charge with out breakfast. He looked very unprofessional.
However, I was allowed to check out 2 hours later than I was supposed to. They were quite understanding from this point of view.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 30 October 2011

Within a 15 minute walk to Victoria Station, this was the best part of this B&B. It was run by 3 men, with limited English skills. The guests were not allowed to use the toaster, and there didn't seem to be any place where the "host" could wash his hands when he prepared it for you. I would only recommend this place if you had an en suite room and were only staying a couple of days. The beds were uncomfortable, the shared bathroom was old and dirty. We stayed 7 nights. The first 3 nights were in a bigger room, but using the shared bathroom. The remaining 4 nights we had the en suite room but the room was much smaller and the beds were more uncomfortable. On our last morning there we were awakened at 6AM by the fire alarm because one of the other guests was smoking in his room. We all had to stand outside in the dark while one of the owners checked the place.

Room Tip: Ask for an en suite room.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Cheryle D
Urbana, Illinois
Reviewed 12 October 2011

We arrived late at night to a cramped room in the basement with paper thin walls. Not an easy intro to the city. Turned out to be a good location once we got adjusted, but that's all I will say about the place positively speaking.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 2 October 2011

My family of four booked this room for an overnight stay in London based on the positive reviews from this site...and we were not disappointed! Yes the rooms are small but for the price and a place to sleep after touring the city all day, it was perfect. The staff was wonderful! They went out of there way to help us with our sightseeing questions, even booked our tickets. They were patience with all of our tourist questions. Breakfast was what you would expect with the price of the hotel...I'm not sure what people expect, it's not a four star hotel. They have sitting inside and outside the breakfast area, it was not a problem with sitting.
Would not hesitate to stay there again for an overnight visit!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
Split, Croatia
Reviewed 1 September 2011

At first I must say that the staff tried to rob me - I look pretty innocent I guess, and I arrived there alone very late a night, my parents arrived tomorrow. I was 20 years old and paid the whole amount in advance online.
When I came there, they said they don't see my payment and that I have to pay again. I refused and explained that it was charged from my credit card and that I can bring them a proof from my bank in my country. They said I have to speak to the manager early in the morning but I can stay this night.
I don't need to say that I haven't slept the whole night worrying.
In the morning there was no manager, and they forgot the whole thing saying "its OK".
The next 2 days were disaster - I guess they threw a party, there was a loud music all night long and their friends arrived and made noise all night long. The rooms are dissapointment and the shower is horrible. If you want to breakfast, you better get up at 7 AM.
I definitely don't recommend this "hotel" to anyone.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family