“Not pleasant. At all”
Review of Budget Guest House

Budget Guest House
Ranked #1,032 of 1,078 Hotels in London
Reviewed 15 August 2014

Dingy, dirty, uneven flooring, dirty bathroom, overly narrow staircases that threaten to break upon luggage being brought across, no a/c or fan, dirty floors, dirty walls and ceiling, door that doesn't lock properly, tv that doesn't work, dirty sheets and linen, staff who can't seem to speak english even though we're right smack in London. Please don't waste your money there.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank F_Blythe

Reviewed 25 July 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank CPgourmet
Reviewed 16 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Margaret R
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Hotel was as expected, basic but clean. Main problem was someone came into our room during the night. They had keys so assume it was staff. Not acceptable especially as we had children in room too. Bathroom was ok and clean but no bin. Will look at youth hostels next time.

Room Tip: Dead lock the door
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

Sometimes London gets full and even the really bad hotels can charge good money for shabby accommodation. This is the situation I find myself in tonight . The place is run down and need of lots of attention . The worsed though is the 3 hours drilling I ve endured tonight . It must be major works going on and is impossible to sleep . Staff were friendly and location is v good for kings cross but only stay here if you really are really stuck

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Stephen F
Reviewed 20 May 2014

When I arrived late in the evening by myself as my friend was arriving the following day I was asked to pay upfront. I explained that my friend had already paid and I had given her my half so don't understand why I am being asked to pay now (£90 for a twin for 2 nights!!). The money had already been taken out her account and the man at reception kept explaining that this was some sort of reservation fee and it would be put back into her account within 10 days. What sort of hotel works like that?? So now both our cards have been charged and we will have to hope hers gets put back on. Also when I got there I find out it's shared bathrooms, this was not clear before booking. When I woke up in the morning I discovered a collection of bugs crawling at the entrance to some patio door I wasn't even aware of as the minging curtain covered it. The manager didn't seem surprised when I told him and just asked the maid to spray them. Also the heating was on the full time, it's 23 degree heat in london!! And when I asked for that to be turned off he said he couldn't! Disgusting place covered in holes definitely not worth the money I paid I would expect this for cheaper but at £45 a night this is not acceptable. Girls, bring a mirror as these people clearly don't know how to properly set out a room. The mirror was by the sink which did not get any light from the one in the room and the only plugs weren't at the mirror they were beside the roasting hot radiator, how can you dry your hair in that heat? Attractive location which is obviously how they survive but will get no returning customers once they've seen how awful it is.

• Stayed: May 2014