“Ok, but ran out of breakfast”

Premier Inn London Wimbledon South Hotel
Ranked #281 of 1,088 Hotels in London
north east
“Ok, but ran out of breakfast”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2012

Not far from the tube, friendly staff, room ok, but needs a refurb, hair in the bath.....not mine. Evening meal ok. Breakfast......if you are in A hurry forget it, I had to ask for cups, bread, the buffet for hot food was running out, it was not replenished all at the same time, so could not get a full breakfast, there were lots of foreigners who literally took advantage of all you can eat buffet. Would give it a second chance, cheaper then some other london premier inns

• Stayed May 2012
1 Thank mturnbull
Kelly L, Social Media at Premier Inn London Wimbledon South Hotel, responded to this review, 23 May 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at our hotel.

It really matters to us that our guests enjoy every aspect of their stay. We sincerely apologise that on this occasion our breakfast service did not meet your expectations. Your feedback is very much appreciated as it enables us to improve standards. Please be assured that the issues raised will be fully investigated.

Thank you once again for your review.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Taunton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2012 via mobile

We chose to stay at this Prmier Inn after reading some of the previous comments and were not disappointed. The staff were very friendly and helpful - many more 'exclusive' hotels could learn from them - they greeted us well and were extremely helpful in explaining the somewhat complicated car parking system! Our room was clean and comfortable and well maintained throughout our stay. We did find it somewhat strange that having booked the room for two people there was only one set of towels, but that was speedily rectified. Breakfast was of the usual Premier Inn standard - we had continental,not cooked - but the system did seem to be creaking a little. The staff again were friendly and helpful, but even on 100% buffet service weren't able to cope with the demand. Fortunately we were not on a particular time deadline on either of the mornings we had breakfast at the hotel because I think if time had been of the essence we might have felt much more negatively about the experience!
An unexpected delight was the Merton Abbey Mills complex next door - well worth a visit!

A note for Travel Advisor - please could there be a 'good' category? I feel there is quite a gap between 'average' and 'very good' and would welcome being able to rate accordingly. Thank you!

Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Perth
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2012

Premier Inn delivered the best stay you could ask for, at a great price.
Even more important, the staff were exceptionally friendly & helpful.

Room Tip: Rooms away from traffic side better
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2012

Wimbledon South Premier Inn is exactly what you can expect from Premier Inn -standard nice clean rooms, standard breakfast and good night of sleep. However this one has got an extra amaizing staff. Helpful at any point of the journey. You can see that they enjoy their work!
We spent 2 nights there and we were very happy with all the service and food. The nearest station is Colliers Wood - northen line will get you almost to the city. The car park is free from 5 pm - 9 am.
8.25 full english breakfast - kids can eat for free. What do you want more? Maybe only the better weather while you are visiting London.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank MaLa25
wales
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2012

This is the first time aI have actually writen a review whilst angry. I have written good, bad and mediocre reviews for tripadviser so I am not just a whinger who writes when things go wrong,

I am lying in bed with food poisoning.I had to take the day off work. Havng experienced it previouously, I am au-fait with the symptoms. If you are curious google them. This is the first timet today I have felt well enough to do anything except lie in bed and look at the ceiling -now I am lying in bed with my PC.

We stayed at this hotel (I, my wife and kids) in order to visit london museums. (See next review). I cannot fault the staff; without exception they were lovely: helpful and friendly, from the front desk staff to the maintenance guy.

The room was clean and above average.

Breakfast was the problem: they ran out of food and we had to wait while more was cooked -all buffet style, My wife advised me not to eat the hash browns -I wish I had listened.
I did eat a lot -and crucially, things my family did not eat: beans, sausages and hash browns.

I ate nothing until that evening when the whole family ate the same KFC meal. The previous evening we all ate pizza. I am the only one to end up with food poisining thus I can only conclude it was the preminn breakfast that caused it.

Later on I saw one of their chefs use the toilet and leave without washing his hands....

Angry? you bet I am!

Room Tip: dont eat there
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
Kelly L, Social Media at Premier Inn London Wimbledon South Hotel, responded to this review, 11 May 2012
Thank you for reviewing your recent stay at our hotel.

At Premier Inn we always strive to provide customers with a comfortable stay, and I apologise that on this occasion we have left you dissapointed. Your experience was far below our usual high standards, but be assured that the incident will be investigated with the management team in the restaurant to ensure it does not happen again.

Thank you again for your review; we sincerely hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn in the future.
London
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 April 2012

I've stayed with Premier a lot and usually very good. Booked into Premier in Wimbledon at short notice. When I turned up there was no record of my booking and they seemed reluctant to give me a room. Rooms were as usual for Premier, very clean and tidy bar the huge cigarette burn in the chair.

The rooms were listed on the website for 45 pounds, when I tried to book the price was suddenly 79 pounds and once I'd booked it was now 81.

A bit misleading but not the individual hotels fault.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank LondonChompy
chipper127
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2012

i stay at Premier Inn a fair bit but only review if there very good or very bad, right here we go arrived the music in reception well thought in i was in a disco, pleasant enough staf not the usual smiling staff i am used to with Premier Inn, room well standard clean everything working, went down to dinner at 8.15 looked busy perhaps i should have booked, was told i would have to wait till 8.45 fair enough i thought well 9 oclock came ahh did we forget you i was asked well yes you did i replied, you should of booked i was told by a young lady who could barly understand anyway ordered my pate and a rump steak, 5 mins later pate arrives now you know if its been standing a while different colours top and bottom ahh well was pleasant enough, mm 30 minutes later still waiting on my steak now the restraunt is only half full so not busy just short staffed, i tell the waiter to cancel my steak have another beer and go to bed. Next morning told the receptionist of my experience of the pervious night , there was not reaction just a blank face would you like to ring later and complain no i say who is in charge now, nobody is here that can help you ... we sorry Premier Inn there should have been no Wimbledon South you not very customer friendly

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank TeamTurners
Kelly L, Social Media at Premier Inn London Wimbledon South Hotel, responded to this review, 25 April 2012
Thank you for your review.

At Premier Inn it remains our main objective to deliver a high level of standards and service in all our establishments, and we sincerely apologise that on this occasion we failed to do this. Please be assured that your feedback is very important to us as we endeavour to improve standards and meet all our customer’s needs.

We hope to welcome you back in the future.