“You get what you pay for - but watch for the hidden costs”

Premier Inn London Wimbledon South Hotel
Ranked #309 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 11 June 2012

The car park issue was a real irritation - not only because you weren't warned about the costs before booking, but also because it forced you to go down each morning and 'do the process' (even if that meant just getting a 'green button' ticket. There was no proper arrangement for hotel guests and the hotel seems to have lost sight of the fact that our particular choice of the hotel was based on it being near the underground (hence, needing to leave the car there all day).

Room Tip: Refuse or Don't choose a room on floor 5, as the floorboards on level 6 allow you to trace each...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
PIWimbledonSouth, Manager at Premier Inn London Wimbledon South Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2012

Dear Roger,

Thank you for your feedback.

I fully understand your irritation with the car parking arrangement. Unfortunately as the car park is a public facility and not controlled by Premier Inn we are unable to simply the pay and display system any further. As you are aware hotel guests have complementary parking overnight and a reduced rate between 0900hrs & 1700hrs.

Reviewed 11 June 2012

I've stayed at this hotel on and off for the past 6 weeks and have always found the rooms to be spotlessly clean. The food is very good and the staff are all just happy to be helpful, nothing is too much trouble. I would fully recommend this Premier Inn.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Snookersteve

Dear Snookersteve,
Thank you for your review.
It’s great to hear feedback from such a regular guest.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Wimbledon South soon.

Reviewed 11 June 2012

My first ever stay in a Premier Inn, and I was expecting, at best, a cheap and cheerful experience.
But from the moment I checked in and received a wonderfully friendly greeting everything about the hotel (the room, the restaurant) was of a much higher standard than I was expecting. It was a pleasure to stay at this hotel, and I could recommend it wholeheartedly

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family

Dear John,
Thank you for your review.
I’m glad to hear the team and surroundings gave you confidence to recommend us.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Wimbledon South soon.

Reviewed 8 June 2012

The entire stay was great, beds were comfortable and food was very good too. Lorraine was brilliant. The only concern that I encountered during my stay was one night whilst passing through the lobby area to get some fresh air, I witnessed an asian 40 something year old male member of staff in the office behind the reception speaking in a rather loud and aggressive manner towards a young black female member of staff. It made me feel very uncomfortable and wasnt pleasant at all. Aside from that, my stay was very nice and I hope to return soon.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
PIWimbledonSouth, Manager at Premier Inn London Wimbledon South Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2012

Dear Jason,
Thank you for your review.

I will ensure that your comments are past onto Lorraine and that the incident you witnessed from the back office is fully investigated.

Reviewed 7 June 2012

Staff friendly and efficient.Room quiet and comfortable.
Breakfast was fine.Travelling with family to visit the jubilee events and transport via local underground station worked well.
Only niggle is the £8.00 per day parking charge.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family

Dear malcalu,
Thank you for your review.
Its great to hear you and your family enjoyed your stay with over a very special weekend.

Reviewed 3 June 2012

I’ve been using premier inns hotels on a regular basis since 5th March whilst working away from home and have spent 8 of the last 11 weeks in the this hotel. For me it’s important that when being away from home, the people you engage with in the hotels you stay in make you feel welcome. It’s the irreence between having a really pleasant stay and a stressful nightmare, irrespective of the hotel conditions. And I’ve got to say that the staff here are Highly exceptional. I cannot praise them highly enough From the reception there’s Serana (the young Nepalese girl, apologise if I spelt that wrong) Sanya, and Lorraine. Always a real pleasure to speak to, never ever false and in fact quite endearing. Wonderfully intelligent and affable. In fact they were so welcoming that I was a little disappointed if I got back to the hotel and they weren’t on reception. I cannot say more of these ladies highly enough except they wouldn’t be out of place in an establishment such as the Ritz. As for the Restaurant staff, Maria, Marcel, and Roberto were always accommodating and friendly, always apologetic if something wasn’t quite the way I liked it, and quick to offer an alternative, even it it wasn’t required. They are just exceptional staff that complement each other and put this hotel in a league of it’s own. If you coming to London for Wimbledon or the Olympics and you want an hoenst genuinely friendly environment find yourself here. This place may not be as up to date as the recently opened one in Stratford, but it blows it out of the water. If you could clone the staff here and place them in every premier inn no-one would ever have a mediocre experience, it would always be good. The only moan or gripe I would have, is that after 2 weeks I liaised with the manager in regards to trying to get a flat rate for the 60 nights I would be staying in London. He told me he was going to email his bosses in regards to this and copy me into the mail. This didn’t appear to happen and I never heard from him again. Which was a shame as I ended up having to use some other premier inns which fitted in with my company’s hotel expense structure ;-(

Room Tip: Choose a room with even numbers as this is on the quieter side
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business

Dear Keith,

Thank you for your review.

We are very happy to hear that your stays with us feel more of a home coming than a standard hotel stay. All of the team are determined and driven to make every guests stay as comfortable and stress free as you have found yours.
I will of course ensure that your feedback and comments are past onto the individuals named and the rest of the team.

Reviewed 2 June 2012

Staff very friendly and welcoming, quick check in. Room very clean, good size, everything in good working order, tea making facilities and TV, what more could you want? Breakfast excellent, check out very efficient. Plenty of shops within walking distance including huge M & S. Fantastic little Lebanese Restaurant nearby, go straight through M & S and out the other side, cross the road and the restaurant is called 'Aya'. We booked this hotel because it was convenient for New Wimbledon Theatre but it was also convenient to travel to Hampton Court Palace. This Premier Inn is an absolute bargain, especially as Kids Eat Free, even two kids with a single parent. Cannot fault this Premier Inn, it is extremely good value, thoroughly recommend it.

Room Tip: Ask for a high room at the back.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family

Dear Philadelphus,
Thank you for your review, its great to hear our team are succeeding in getting the basics rights. We’ll also be checking out ‘Aya’ for ourselves.
We look forward to welcoming you back to Premier inn London Wimbledon South very soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near London
Antoinette Hotel Wimbledon
#385 of 1,076 in London
Clapham / Battersea
Pelican London Hotel and Residence
Premier Inn London Sidcup
#325 of 1,076 in London

Been to Premier Inn London Wimbledon South Hotel? Share your experiences!