“Superb”

Apex City of London Hotel
Ranked #85 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 20 December 2012

Very good hotel.
We got an excellent deal for £85 a night.
The location is fantastic and all the staff very pleasant.
We also had a free upgrade upon arrival.
The room was very nice, perfectly clean and very well appointed.
I could not say one bad thing about this place.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 19 December 2012

Stayed on business, very nice room, lovely clean bathroom, good value for money, I didn't want to get out of that lovely comfy bed in the morning, it was the best nights sleep in a London hotel I've had for a long time.

I was staying one night only and it was late when I checked in so I didn't sample the restaurant but maybe next time.

Thanks for a lovely comfortable stay.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 December 2012

After staying in an incredibly overpriced and overrated hotel in Covent Garden in June, I searched for somewhere reasonably central for my September visit. I travel a fair bit by myself, most of it for work, and without a doubt this is the best hotel I have stayed at in London. From my arrival, the staff were incredibly welcoming and couldn't do enough. After many 'cold' receptions in London hotels I was at first taken aback with surprise but as my stay continued I found the great sense of customer service was found in all staff. The room was really large, incredibly comfortable and there was nothing else I could have wanted. The location was terrific for an early morning walk along the Thames. It was just gorgeous wandering past the Tower, the London Eye and down to Big Ben before London was really awake. I ate in the restaurant on my first night, after a long drive from Cornwall, and the staff were amongst the best I have encountered. The food was really good, but the service, just fantastic. I am really pleased to have found such a great hotel and will absolutely bypass the 600 pound plus a night 'ordinary' places for this great hotel with fantastic staff

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 December 2012

Stayed one night with my sister. Welcoming friendly staff. Lovely room/bathroom/toiletries. We asked for some extra milk at reception and it arrived at our room the same time as we did! Nothing was too much trouble. Continental breakfast was yummy. Fresh fruits, Greek yoghurt, meats, cheese, cereals, fruit juices, toast, pastries/ croissants. Excellent service. Beautifully decorated for Christmas.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed 17 December 2012

We stayed here for just one night, but it was a really nice little hotel. Neat, clean, modern and good value for money. The restaurant downstairs was reasonable too and the food quite good for a hotel.

We walked around the neighbourhood, saw the Tower Bridge and the Tower of London early in the morning when there were very few people around. It is also within walking distance to the tube.

Staff were friendly and we'd definitely go back again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joolzsunka
Reviewed 17 December 2012 via mobile

We stayed here as part of a birthday present earlier in the year.

As it was already paid for, I can't really comment on value for money. However, we were charged £5 on our credit card and were never offered an explanation.

The staff were friendly enough and the room was spotless with all mod-cons. The bath was more than big enough for two (very important, of course) and the fact it is pretty much slap bang in middle of London it was very quiet and we both had a great nights sleep. The bed was extremely comfortable.

• Stayed: February 2012
1  Thank Becca G
Reviewed 16 December 2012

Stayed here for one night and was impressed. On arrival the staff were all very helpful and friendly. Our room wasn't available as we arrived early however the hotel sent us a text once it was ready. Good location for The Tower of London and Tower Bridge. Tube station very nearby. We were upgraded to a deluxe room which was lovely. Very comfortable bed and nice lounge area with magazines, tv, etc. would recommend this hotel although don't bother with the breakfast-it cost us £32 for two and was not worth the money. There are plenty of places to eat nearby so would recommend doing that. Overall though, we enjoyed our stay. Especially liked the lovely big dressing gowns and products in the bathroom!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple