“One glitch”

Apex City of London Hotel
Ranked #87 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 5 March 2013

As per my prior stay earlier this month the hotel was very good with one exception. I had advised the front desk that I did not receive the wake up calls that I had requested the first two days of my stay. Again on the third morning I did not receive a wake up call. According to the hotel system it showed that the wake up call was completed so it must have been a glitch with the phone in my room (504). I advised the front desk again when I checked out and suggested that they get someone to look into the problem.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Ronald B
RobertFlinter, General Manager at Apex City of London Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2013

Dear Ronald B

thank you very much for your comments. I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us with the exception of the glitch that you mentioned. I am really sorry that this occurred. I understand how important it is to be able to reply on a service like this. It does seem to be an isolated incident and we are investigating it, thank you for providing the room number, we have implemented a back up call on ths room until we get to the bottom of the problem.

Kind regards

Robert Flinter

Write a ReviewReviews (4,016)

Reviewed 5 March 2013

I stayed at the hotel on the 1st March for two nights. The hotel was a two minute walk from the tube station which was an added bonus. When we arrived at the hotel we arrived at 12 noon and the hotel room was ready for my arrival. I had a twin bedroom which had a seperate sitting area with sofa, DVD player and a coffee table. The bathroom was lovely and the Elemis products were an added bonus. I will 100% book this hotel for my next visit to London. It's a true gem!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Coco L
Reviewed 5 March 2013

Read a few earlier reviews that all looked positive - now I have to agree: Great staff: good rooms with good facilities: Good location: I've nothing bad to write about this hotel and definitely stay again. In fact I'll check this place first whenever I'm in central London.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Michael63UK
Reviewed 4 March 2013 via mobile

Me and my boyfriend stayed at the Apex Temple Court In December and loved it. We decided to go to Apex City of London for the weekend. We got a brilliant deal where our breakfast and dinner were included.

The room was lovely, clean and modern. The view from our window was also really nice.

Breakfast and dinner were amazing. Hanbert (I think he was the restaurant manager) was amazing, he really looked after us. We decided to have breakfast in our room which was lovely. The portions and quality of food was brilliant.

The location was good for the Tower of London and tower bridge. Tower hill tube station is a 2 minute walk from the hotel. Would really recommend going to the Tower of London if you can.

Thank you Apex for an amazing stay. We will definitely return soon.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank GIBBSE
Reviewed 4 March 2013

Great hotel in a great location. 2 minute walk from Tower Hill station made it easily accessible by tube. Found using Travelzoo offering half price rooms with a free bottle of Prosecco thrown in. Staff were friendly. A bit of a building site directly outside our room but thankfully it was a Sunday and no work was being carried out. Breakfast was overpriced but not a problem as there are a number of cafe's and restaurants on the door step. Definitely a hotel set up for business purposes but still a nice stay for a couple. Very clean with a large, luxurious bathroom. Would recommend and stay again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ctophdrog
Reviewed 4 March 2013

I must admit that I don´t always sleep well at hotels but after two nights at the Apex City hotel in London I must say that this was an excellent experience re. sleep quality and everything else. We stayed faced the back of the hotel and it was dead quiet.

We booked two rooms for two nigts without breakfast as there are plenty of restaurants around the hotel but after two hours the travel agent returned and said that the hotel had offered breakfast in the allready agreed price. And the breakfast was actually very good. Price was around 200 usd per room per night which was a good deal compared to many other hotels I have stayed in London.

Check-in was very smooth and we got two rooms next to each other as we had asked for.

Rooms were nice and wifi included

Location is in the business district so Oxford Street is 10 min. away by taxi as the underground was down for the week-end. Otherwise it is very close to Tower Bridge station.

All in all - a good stay at a very modern and comfortable hotel. I wouldn´t hesitate to use this hotel next time in London.

Room Tip: Elevator not a problem at this hotel
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank pdh073
Reviewed 3 March 2013

This hotel is really very good. Rooms, service and breakfast all highly recommended. Close to Tower hill tube so very easy access to central London. Would definitely return some day soon. Booked via secret escapes so got a good deal for the weekend. Gutted we were not told we could keep the rubber duck....we shall remember this when we vistit the apex wall hotel next month!

Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple