Apex City of London Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$376
US$308
US$256
Orbitz.com
  • Restaurant
Park Grand London Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$134
US$120
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn London - Brent Cross(London)(Great Value!)
US$102
US$97
US$339
US$317
Travelocity
4,250 results
All reviewstower hill tube stationrubber duckgreat hoteljelly beanselemis toiletrieswalk in showerbusiness districtdeluxe roompret a mangerminute walkcircle linefree upgradecontinental breakfastmodern hotelquiet locationwest endweekend break
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 November 2013

I would like to say that Apex Hotel was an Amazing Hotel!, I am planning to go back again and will be sure to enjoy as much as I did this time around. I went to the Hotel as a surprise for my Boyfriends birthday, we stayed for two nights (Wish it was longer) and had the Superior Room and I requested for there to be a bottle of wine waiting in the room for us. To my surprise I had wine, chocolates and a birthday card waiting in the room. Let just say that the staff was great with us and recommended a lot of places for us to visit, the rooms were AMAZING and we had all little things in our room for free! the views were stunning! and the food was great too. For all the cleanly people out there. It was spotless! Cant boast enough about this hotel. When reading other reviews I was worried about going as I paid a good amount of money for the room, but all I can say is AVOID all negetive reports of this hotel. LOVE LOVE LOVED it!

Room Tip: Superior Rooms have the balcony with it, means the views are even better.
Reviewed 26 November 2013

The Apex City of London seems to have got the balance just right. The staff are friendly and welcoming and are keen to make sure you have everything you need for a relaxed, enjoyable stay. It was a great location for us as we were spending a weekend in central London taking in the sights and seeing a west end show as it is easy to hop on the tube at Tower bridge. We were upgraded to a superior room and it was really spacious with a separate sofa and TV area. We were staying with our daughter and a third bed had been set up for her. I loved all the little touches, as well as all the toiletries for us, they had left a little bag of bubble bath and shampoo for our daughter.

The breakfast the next day was great. We had the buffet as well as the Belgian waffles for me and the cooked breakfast for my husband. Despite the hotel being full it didn’t seem at all crowded.

We will definitely come back to this hotel next time we have a weekend in London.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 November 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Apex City of London for 2 nights from 22nd November 2013. I cannot recommend this hotel enough. The location is spot on, a 5 minute walk to Tower Hill or Aldgate tube stations, with local bars and restaurants close by at St Katherines dock and Shad Thames.
Every staff member we encountered was friendly and helpful, with no request too large or small.
We had the full English breakfast option included which was fantastic. We had the continental brekfast choice of a full buffet of pastries, fruit, cerials, meats, cheeses and fresh juice along with the usual cooked breakfast staples. My husband opted for the Braveheart which was a combination of English breakfast plus haggis and a version of a potato cake, not my cup of tea but he enjoyed it non the less!
The hotel also has a free DVD hire so for those nights when you've exhausted yourself with what London has to offer, put your feet up in your room with one of the new releases.
We stayed in a deluxe king, room #114, it was light and airy and spacious, with one of the best hotel baths I've ever seen, lovely and deep, comfortably holding 2 for a relaxing bubble bath. The complimentary shampoos etc were provided by Elemis so added to the luxurious feel.
I will without a doubt be returning to this hotel and strongly recommend it to anyone who wants a little taste of affordable luxury in the City.

Room Tip: Our deluxe room was 114, quiet and large with an extremely comfortable king bed and huge bath with walk in shoewer!
Reviewed 25 November 2013

This will be the fourth time I have stayed in this hotel and again, continues to impress.
We stayed for 2 nights (Friday & Saturday) to just spend some time meandering around London.
Check in was quick (staff interested in hearing about the other Apex hotels I had stayed in when working in Edinburgh) and a nice free upgrade to a superior room - which was fantastic – massive bed, impeccably clean with a good sized bathroom
We booked the 2 nights as DBB, but as we ate out on the Saturday, the very helpful Restaurant Manager lets us use the 2nd night’s Dinner for some bar food in the bar after we had just got back into the hotel in the late afternoon.
The Dinner on the Friday was superb, breakfasts incredibly varied menu (the Smoked salmon and Scrambled eggs I had on the last day was fantastic)
Staff really couldn’t do enough – so helpful and pleasant and the overall ambience and feel of the hotel was one of a crisp, well run and polished operation to focus solely on ensuring guests are made to feel as welcome as possible.
Location for me is great, away from the hustle and bustle of the West End , close to Tower Bridge, Shard, Borough Market and St Pauls, but only 6 stops on the Tube into Bond Street and Piccadilly (Central line – a 5 minute walk down to Bank Station) – we spent the Saturday in the West End and walked back to the hotel via Covent Garden.
Overall, a fantastic stay, will definitely be back and can’t recommend highly enough.

Room Tip: All rooms OK - front of hotel better
Reviewed 24 November 2013

Got a very good deal via the trivago website for a night for two with continental breakfast. The hotel was excellent, quiet, decently appointed rooms. The location is marvellous. Staff is helpful. Close to the towerhill tube station.
The continental breakfast is very good. No complaints at all.
Overall a very good place to stay for a short trip. But that is if the price is right as was in my case.

• Stayed: November 2013