“Great stay in the city of London”

Apex City of London Hotel
Ranked #77 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Rochester
“Great stay in the city of London”
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here for 3 nights in a City Double Room for a weekend away. Very nice and spacious room, in a central Location. Nice modern hotel with all the facilities you would expect. Perfect location for exploring the city of London. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (384)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Nyon
Reviewed 5 August 2014

Stayed for two weeks in July 2014. The room was nicely furnished and comfortable. Large selection of TV channels and DVDs you can borrow. Good location and base for my many meetings during the working week. Many restaurants to choose from during the week in the area but it is very quiet at the weekend with many of the restaurants and shops not open. Close to the Thames and underground stations. The staff were very attentive and welcoming.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dundee, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 August 2014

I thought this hotel was great value for money for sightseeing in London very close to the underground, (Tower Hill station) Thames water taxi's, boat sightseeing tours and hop on hop off bus tours. The room was excellent and the staff very helpful.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rayferry
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 3 August 2014

My husband and I had SUCH a wonderful stay at the Apex City of London. We'd let them know that we needed a late check-in, and that it was our honeymoon, so when we arrived late at night after a much-delayed train ride, we were so surprised and grateful to find that management had given us a complimentary upgrade as well as a lovely bottle of Prosecco! On top of that, the manager (I believe her name was Florence) had left us a note inviting us to a complimentary breakfast downstairs, which was actually very delicious.

The hotel itself is amazingly located: the Tower of London is less than a five minute walk away, and the Tower Hill tube station only ~3 minutes. It was such a nice walk down along the Thames, and we could catch a quick ferry ride or a walking tour spontaneously because everything was just so close by. The room was comfortable and clean, the beds were so nice, and we had one of those great rain shower heads that I'm always so impressed by. Customer service, whether at the front desk or by housekeeping (I left a note when our remote controls weren't working, and we came back to them functioning perfectly) or the servers in the attached restaurant, was always impeccable and kind.

We had such a wonderful stay--we won't stay anywhere else when we're in London!

Room Tip: There's some construction going on immediately outside the entrance of the hotel, so rooms at th...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Overland Park, Kansas
Reviewed 2 August 2014

With just a few days notice, I had to attend a business meeting in London. I came across Apex in a Foddors Travel Guide where it was rated highly. Fortunately, they had a vacancy and I booked. I'm so glad I did. This hotel is off any major streets but very close to the Thames as well as bus routes and the Tube.

The room itself was very nice. Modern yet very homey. The reception staff was VERY kind, and very responsive when I had an electrical problem in the room the first night. The front desk attendants were great helping me figure out the easiest bus and tube for where I wanted to go. Housekeeping does a fantastic job and the entire place was very clean. One thing I learned is that unlike in US hotels where they replenish the toiletries (shampoo, soap, etc) every day whether you need more or not, that wasn't the case here. Not sure if it's just this hotel's policy, or if it's common in other British hotels. But all I had to do was ask and they gladly replenished them.

I ordered room service twice and both times was very prompt and the food quality was top-notch.

When they found out it was my first time to the UK, they comped an upgrade to a larger room. While there is some construction going on across the street on a new hotel, there was never any noise (probably because I was gone by 8am and not back from work until evening.

Only thing I would change is that the lobby and hallways were kept very warm. Probably because it was mid-July and as an American, I'm just used to A/C everywhere. I kept a "when in Rome" attitude and it's not like I spent much time in the hallway anyway.

I'll definitely be staying here again if I find myself in London.

Room Tip: I would suggest emailing reservations before you arrive to inquire about an upgrade. They happily di...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
New York City, New York
Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Excellent location. Close to tube stops. Plenty of places to eat. Quick walk to Tower of London. We are a retired couple. Very comfortable and friendly staff. Close to hop on hop off bus rote which is a must for first time visitors to London. Great bed, free fast wifi. Chic boutique hotel.

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Trish F
Yverdon-les-Bains, Switzerland
Reviewed 29 July 2014

We found this hotel with luck. We were looking for a hotel close to the tube, but not in a busy area (busy roads). We stayed 3 nights, the room was perfectly clean and comfortable. Decoration was modern and simple. The bathroom was nice and Big. They left on the room tea and biscuits that were absolutely delicious and for free! Staff was great, helpful and really nice. There is a kind of living room on the first floor where it feels nice to stay a bit. The only bad point was that there was a construction next to the hotel that made a bit of noise. But not the fault of the hotel. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple