“#1 in London! (I've stayed at 6 different hotels in London so far.)”

Apex City of London Hotel
Ranked #85 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 11 November 2010

The hotel is a "proper hotel", and does not look like an old house converted into a B&B, like so many other places in london.

Cleanliness:
Our room (I have forgot the number) was very clean.

Location:
The hotel is off the main roads, and in the City, so it's a quiet area in the afternoon and night. Not much traffic, which is a luxury in London!

Rooms:
Our room was facing the back yard. No view, but nice and quiet. The rooms are kept inn a modern style, and are quiet spacious compared to the norm in London. Flatscreen TV and spacious bathroom/shower.

Service:
We only met the staff from the hotel at the front desk (we did not eat there or sit in the bar), and they where very helpful in any way. We checked out early, and there was no problem to leave our bags at the hotel while we spendt the day sightseeing.

Sleep quality:
My wife and I slept very good. Bed, pillows and duvets are nice and comfortable. The room was quiet, so I didn'n use the airplugs I always bring when I travel.

Value:
This is my 6th hotel in London ( have not written reviews for all of them), and BY FAR the best! I will definitely come back if they keep the price in the same level.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 9 November 2010

I stayed at this hotel last weekend and experience was really amazing!.
Great multilingual staff,clean and espacious room,good bathroom plenty of amenities.
Very close to Tower Hill Tube station.
Highly recommended!!!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 November 2010

Last minute booking through Apex reservations (they were great in themselves) which turned into a real treat. Is a very smart / chic hotel from when walking in. As a pleasant surprise, reservations had upgraded us to a deluxe room on the top floor, and what a room! with some lovely touches that really do make it stand out. My partner loved the complimentary pringles, i fell in love with the 42" TV and bose sound system. Bed was gorgeous and very comfy. Had no noise so a very good nights sleep. Bathroom was good with a separate walk in shower and everything was spotless. Only had one night, wish we could've stayed longer as would love to have used the bar and restaurant more. Check in desk were very pleasant and efficient (I love it when they say "welcome back!") Thank you Apex for reminding me what a hotel stay should be like.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 November 2010

Having arrived early in the morning after a long flight , the friendly staff accomodated my request for an early check-in to allow me to get cleaned up. No matter who I dealt with at the hotel, everyone was so pleasant and accomodating. The room was clean, the bed comfortable and allowed a good night rest. They have understood the needs of business travellers in accomodating fast internet connections at no additional charge ( how I detest those hotels that still charge an additional amount !) . The breakfasts were pleasant and afforded a good start to the day close to the financial district !

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 October 2010

We stayed here for 3 nights for a birthday weekend to London. We were upgraded to a delux room and it was fantastic. There was lots of space and the sofa meant that one night we chose to have room service and chill out with a DVD. Our room wasn't ready when we arrived but we were early but we went for a bite to eat at all bar one and they sent us a text to tell us our room was ready. The small touches like the water, chocolates and the duck make this place feel far more expensive than it is. I would definitely return and recommend to friends and family.

I would upgrade to the full breakfast rather the choice was excellent. I really enjoyed the pancakes, eggs florentine and the braveheart breakfast.

The location is good although the circle line is never the most reliable! The staff were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 October 2010

While the rooms were very comfortable and large by London standards, they were also quite noisy due to full glass windows on a street with constant roadworks. I complained but they were overbooked so I couldn't move rooms. I began to get frustrated with the staff because I'd had an absolutely amazing experience at the Apex London Wall, and was really hoping this hotel offered the same quality of service and care. It did not. Registration was confused, no one knew how to answer simple questions.

Would not stay here again, rather, hope to get into the London Wall location.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 October 2010

Fantastic stay in a great hotel. Staff are welcoming and professional from the moment we entered. Room had all that we needed. Breakfast was fantastic, great choice and a very welcoming team who's customer service could not be faulted, especially Eric the supervisor.

Will return