“Love this hotel - it takes away the stress of London!”

Apex City of London Hotel
Ranked #83 of 1,081 Hotels in London
Reviewed 25 November 2010

We loved this hotel. It is seriously the first one that I would give five star out of every category - it's that good. We got a very good rate of about 95 pounds per night, and our room was spotless, modern, spacious (!!!) and comfortable. Stepping into it after our super long flight from New Zealand (door to door was 35 hours), I was so relieved. Shower was great, bed was comfortable, no stress noisy, no neighbour noise, free internet - what more do you need?

Then it also has a great location, being about 3 minutes walk to Tower Hill Tube Station or about 8 minutes to Bank Tube Station. We managed to stay there when the tube was out during the weekend, and had to use the Bank station most of the time, but I have no complaint. These are outside of what the hotel can do really - but at least when both district and circle lines were out, we still could use the Central Line. We also flew out from the City Airport, which made this hotel an even better choice - the DLR was just next to the Tower Hill station.

And then it was the service. I usually don't care too much about the service - after all, staying in a hotel while on holiday, it's the room/location that matters more. But this hotel - their staff was very friendly throughout - everytime they would open the door for us, gave warm smiles and efficient during check in/check out. We had to leave a piece of luggage there for 2 weeks, and when we went back to get it, the concerige was very quick, smiley, and took it all the way outside the hotel for me...

This is the best hotel we've ever stayed at - we would come back!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank travelyun
Write a ReviewReviews (4,174)

Reviewed 18 November 2010

This hotel was everything we had hoped for when we booked it. It is sleek, stylish and really just a great hotel. The concierge was very helpful every day when we had questions about seeing a show or sights to see.

The location is fantastic, right by the Tower of London and very close to the Tower Hill tube stop, which gets you everywhere.

We had a deluxe king room, which was very large and nice. It had a small couch, flat screen TV, and the bathroom had a separate shower and tub. Overall, it was a great choice and a perfect stay.

Highly recommended.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
3  Thank LucWise
Reviewed 14 November 2010

Oh delight!. For £18 more than I had paid in a Holiday Inn Express the night before, I got 5 star service from the moment I entered the hotel. The room was fully equipped; everything worked; the bed was fantastic; the room was very quiet; the staff were second to none;
breakfast is expensive but you can get breakfast nearby.
If only I could afford to stay here Monday-Thursday, I would never stay at another hotel.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 November 2010

The hotel is a "proper hotel", and does not look like an old house converted into a B&B, like so many other places in london.

Cleanliness:
Our room (I have forgot the number) was very clean.

Location:
The hotel is off the main roads, and in the City, so it's a quiet area in the afternoon and night. Not much traffic, which is a luxury in London!

Rooms:
Our room was facing the back yard. No view, but nice and quiet. The rooms are kept inn a modern style, and are quiet spacious compared to the norm in London. Flatscreen TV and spacious bathroom/shower.

Service:
We only met the staff from the hotel at the front desk (we did not eat there or sit in the bar), and they where very helpful in any way. We checked out early, and there was no problem to leave our bags at the hotel while we spendt the day sightseeing.

Sleep quality:
My wife and I slept very good. Bed, pillows and duvets are nice and comfortable. The room was quiet, so I didn'n use the airplugs I always bring when I travel.

Value:
This is my 6th hotel in London ( have not written reviews for all of them), and BY FAR the best! I will definitely come back if they keep the price in the same level.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 November 2010

I stayed at this hotel last weekend and experience was really amazing!.
Great multilingual staff,clean and espacious room,good bathroom plenty of amenities.
Very close to Tower Hill Tube station.
Highly recommended!!!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 November 2010

Last minute booking through Apex reservations (they were great in themselves) which turned into a real treat. Is a very smart / chic hotel from when walking in. As a pleasant surprise, reservations had upgraded us to a deluxe room on the top floor, and what a room! with some lovely touches that really do make it stand out. My partner loved the complimentary pringles, i fell in love with the 42" TV and bose sound system. Bed was gorgeous and very comfy. Had no noise so a very good nights sleep. Bathroom was good with a separate walk in shower and everything was spotless. Only had one night, wish we could've stayed longer as would love to have used the bar and restaurant more. Check in desk were very pleasant and efficient (I love it when they say "welcome back!") Thank you Apex for reminding me what a hotel stay should be like.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 November 2010

Having arrived early in the morning after a long flight , the friendly staff accomodated my request for an early check-in to allow me to get cleaned up. No matter who I dealt with at the hotel, everyone was so pleasant and accomodating. The room was clean, the bed comfortable and allowed a good night rest. They have understood the needs of business travellers in accomodating fast internet connections at no additional charge ( how I detest those hotels that still charge an additional amount !) . The breakfasts were pleasant and afforded a good start to the day close to the financial district !

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business