“Cheap & generally not busy but not always gay friendly”
Review of Escape - CLOSED

Escape
Reviewed 12 June 2014

Escape is generally the last stop on a night out, the queues are never too big (even on a Sat night) cheap entry (£5) and drinks are pretty cheap. The bar staff are friendly. It's pretty small and cramped but the music is cheesy pop and if you're drunk enough, it's fun. it depends which night you visit (obviously) but generally, its not a gay bar. Friday & Saturday nights are full of straight people (which I have no problem with until they start asking my girlfriend & I to kiss and take off our tops for them or being rude to other gay couples around us). It seems to be full of people at weekends, who want to have a night out in a 'gay' bar and think they are in sex and the city which is annoying but there's some good points to it only it wouldn't be my first choice, I'd go for G-A-Y or heaven.

1  Thank Toni T

Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

Nothing special but if you're after a quiet drink early evening this could be a contender.
The décor is minimalist but clay with vintage films on the TV. The drinks list is slim but the atmosphere is pleasant

Reviewed 16 March 2014

We went into this bar/club as a straight couple and found this a fantastic fun night!! The other bars around have a lot to learn. Thank you to you all we had a night to remember. They are the friendliest and cheapest bar in the area. We came up from Cornwall for the weekend and have been raving about it since we got back. If we come up again, this will be our one-stop-shop. A genuine thank you. I even proposed to my soon to be wife here. A weekend to never forget.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

We had a great time on a Saturday night at the venue. We stumbled across it by accident to be honest but really enjoyed it. The patrons were all very friendly and we danced our socks off to the eclectic music they played.

Reviewed 3 December 2012 via mobile

Really good night had. friendly efficient staff. Was Karaoke on our visit. a few Trannies in, but no problems. drinks not too expensive. Toilets have hair grl. spray. aftershave etc. nice lady looks after the cleanliness. all in all a good night. good company and a bit of a boogie. very safe and comfortable.