Avonmore Hotel
US$258
US$191
Priceline
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbit datedrussell square tube stationst pancrasbritish librarytea and coffeesingle roomquiet areawi fifresh fruitreception areawest endradiatorusablecorridor
Reviewed 3 March 2013

We stayed in fair-sized semi-basement room, which was fine for a London trip. Short walk from Euston, St Pancras and Kings X. Breakfast was basic English but freshly cooked. Staff very friendly. The Italian on the corner was good as was a Greek round the corner - both good value. British Library and Museum close. Buses near by with frequent services into centre.
I would go there again and recommend it. We paid £300 for 3 nights B&B for two.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 February 2013

The room was clean and warm which was great but it was tiny (about 6ft x 7ft) and I was given one towel and had to borrow a hairdryer from reception. It was also very noisy, the walls were very thin and I assume that there were Univeristy Halls of residence across the road. I would not stay again.

Room Tip: I have no evidence of a good room
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 January 2013

An upstairs room which was warm and comfortable; it looked recently refurbished. Tea/coffee supplies were good. Warm welcome by reception. Breakfast was freshly cooked and quickly served. Hotel very close to Euston which was so convenient. As a budget hotel it was fine and I would stay again.

Room Tip: A lot of stairs to climb so you need to be fit, although there are some rooms downstairs. Restaurant for breakfast is in basement, accessed by stairs. Quite a lot of street noise at the front as students snowballing into the night were somewhat noisy!
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Elizabeth R
Reviewed 14 November 2012

Stayed in a single room - was warned it was small - and they were right - probably the smallest room I've ever stayed in! But it was fine for a few days. Staff pleasant and a good breakfast included. Bathroom tiny - but worked - and the hotel is very handy for Euston, St Pancras, the British Library etc. For me, it was very convenient. As long as you only want somewhere comfy to sleep (and was surprisingly quiet too) then this is fine.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Robscanb
Reviewed 10 November 2012

I booked a month ago, but I have been put in a tiny, airless basement room by the kitchen/diner. I can't sleep as the tube trains shake the room. So I am writing this at 1am in the morning, really angry. I had the choice of dozens of hotels for the same price - why did I pick this dump? The room has been sliced in half with wooden partition, so its barely wider then the bed. Its deep in the basement. There is no air. The kitchen is next door, so I will be woken early. I can't believe I have paid money to be put into the basement. I hate it. I travel regularly, have seen all sorts of hotels - and have never complained before. This is the worst. They should pay me.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business