“A breakfast too far!”
Review of Avonmore Hotel

Avonmore Hotel
Ranked #908 of 1,078 Hotels in London
Reviewed 25 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for one night in Feb 14. The room was as expected for the price. The receptionist was receptive. The breakfast timing and quality was something else! I waited for over 30 minutes until I went to the kitchen to be served. I asked, politely, for bacon and eggs. I received a slice of bacon fat and an over cooked solid fried egg. Needless to say I left it all and purchased my breakfast elsewhere! Not an experience I would wish on anybody - avoid!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank lloydy677

Reviewed 23 March 2014

I stayed for one night in this place and I will never return. The good points are mainly about its location - close to Kings Cross, Russell Square tube and the marvellous Brunswick Centre. Unfortunately this hotel is dingy, expensive and of such a low standard in almost everything, as to be almost unacceptable as a hotel. Hostel would be closer to the mark, but it doesn't even rise to that standard. The room I was put in was tiny, the bed took up most of it. The shower room (no bath) was very dark and unpleasant. I couldn't find the cupboard but after a search found it behind a door. The staff were OK, but I just couldn't bring myself to stay for breakfast. It is outrageous value for money - £195.00 for one night in possibly the worst hotel in London. Please do yourself a favour and steer clear.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank EDO152
Reviewed 6 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the avonmore for a night mid week. The room was small and a bit tatty although generally clean. The bed was comfy enough. The main problem was the noise. I was in one of the basement rooms and as well as being able to hear the tube I could hear several different conversations most of the time. It almost sounded like they were being amplified into my room.
The location is great and the breakfast was fine.
I wouldn't go back just because of how noisy it was.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank niniboo
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Very close to Euston but in a quiet area so all had a good night's sleep. Friendly staff who let us store our bags as we arrived before check-in. We had a family room which was very spacious and clean. The breakfast was a choice of cereals, yogurts and full English with unlimited toast and was very nice. 24 hour reception. We felt very safe in the area. If you travel with a family rail pass, then get day travel tickets from any Underground station. ? It saves a fortune and can be used on the underground & buses. Its easier to do this at Russell Sq than Euston as Euston is mega busy and a bit of a nightmare.

Room Tip: Room 5 is a family room which sleeps 4 and is on the ground floor
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank LisaLawty
Reviewed 14 February 2014

Stayed here for two nights and was glad that was all we had booked for! The photos showing the rooms are misleading, we booked a quadruple room and I can assure you whilst clean it certainly wasn't a quadruple room!! The reception is halfway up the stairs and if your room is at the top of the building you have quite a walk downstairs to get to the breakfast room in the basement. I won't use this hotel again or recommend it.

Room Tip: Print of a photo of a room and ask for that one.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank jjaaGlasgow
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Really handy location for 4 girls on a weekend away. Close to the station were we could get into Central London easily. Was really cheap for 4 person room so can't complain when you find cheap b&b in this area. Room had a double and 2 single beds which filled it and an ensuite bathroom. Hard to climb the stairs with cases to the very top but we managed after a lot of laughing! Breakfast was fine set us up for the day. Was quiet area so we could sleep. We left early in the morning and only came back to sleep so was perfect for a budget weekend away.

Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 November 2013

two friends and I shared a triple room for Remembrance weekend, not much budget accommodation left. This is an old building so yes steep stairs and small rooms, but it was clean and functional....even if we did have to boil the kettle on the floor because their was no socket above the dressing table. There were adequate tea and coffee provisions , being thirsty ladies., they happily gave us more! Offered us an early call, which was a little late, but we were up anyway, breakfast was ready for us at 7.30 as we had an early start and was okay. Not huge cooked breakfast, but there was cereal, juice, yogourt, fruit and toast as well. They kept our luggage for us.......outside the office.......but free. Also free wifi.
When you compare prices in London for a Saturday night it was not bad! BIG advantage, walking distance of Kings Cross, Euston and bus/tube routes.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business