“Easter Weekend”

Ranked #25 of 557 London B&B and Inns
Chester, United Kingdom
“Easter Weekend”
Reviewed 20 April 2014

This guest house was recommended by another establishment in Crouch end and did not disappoint. We have a spacious, comfortable and quiet room with a lovely en-suite. Great choice at breakfast and on street parking included. The overground station is a 10 minute walk from the house and Finsbury Park Tube is only a10 minute W7 bus ride away.Very relaxing stay,lovely house and hosts.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Mountview Guesthouse B&B, located in the north of London, is a fine choice: located in a pretty neighborhood, with lovely rooms, offering good service and the best breakfast - try it on your next visit.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
stockport
Reviewed 4 March 2014

I have struggled with leaving a review for Odette's marvellous guest house because, in an extremely selfish way, I want to keep the place secret! If too many people get to hear of it, there will be no room for me!!! However this would be very unfair as Odette deserves all the plaudits for running one of the most comfortable and peaceful places in which I have stayed. Forget large and impersonal and noisy hotels in London....I am so glad to have found tranquility and comfort at Mountview.
We had the large room with the en-suite bathroom. It had such a comfortable bed that it was like being at home. Breakfast was freshly cooked and plentiful. Odette has created an atmosphere of relaxation and friendliness. Looking forward to my next return to London but dread being told that Mountview is full!!

Room Tip: I would certainly repeat my stay in the large en-suite room at the front of the house. Totally tranq...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Handy for very pleasant Crouch End and environs, and reasonably close to Central London. Lovely homely atmosphere and décor. Well-appointed and spacious, especially the room with substantial en-suite bath etc. Clean and comfortable, with excellent breakfasts provided by the lovely Odette. Definitely recommended.

Room Tip: The best room is the one with en-suite, but they are all nice.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Da Nang
Reviewed 10 February 2014

I live abroad and my daughter lives in a small apartment in London. Since my first granddaughter was born last year I have visited every couple of months. This was my third stay at Mountview, and it's always the same - I feel at home the minute I arrive! What I love most about the place is the attention to detail and the way everything is so spotless. Odette and her daughter Sarah are wonderful hosts and have such high standards. Just the way the breakfast table is set is a joy, and the breakfast is just wonderful!

I have been on my own on previous visits, but this time my partner came with me. He was as impressed as I was, and we had a very luxurious and comfortable week in the largest ensuite room. Everything you could need is provided - toiletries, iron, hairdryer, kettle, and even a small fridge - which came in very useful for the bacon, sausages, and pork pies that travelled (very well) back to Viet Nam with me! Although London was very cold and wet, Mountview made up for it. It was heaven to come back each night to a warm, clean and beautiful room.

Thanks for another memorable stay Odette and Sarah, I'll be seeing you soon!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Stayed 4 nights.The room was large and well appointed. My bed was comfortable, storage was just right, and the en suite was great. It was blissfully quiet. Breakfast was delicious but best of all, the hosts are lovely. On my next trip to London I will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Brookzita
Dorset
Reviewed 7 January 2014

The guest house is convenient for our daughter who lives round the corner and we really enjoyed our stay which was for our daughter's wedding. The en suite room was spacious and well furnished with a good size en suite. The good quallity of the bed linen was much appreciated. The breakfasts were excellent and cooked to order and the owners and their daughter were friendly and helpful. Highly recommended.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family