“Brilliant glasses. A superb shop. Excellent service”
Review of General Eyewear

General Eyewear
Ranked #73 of 751 Shopping in London
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Owner description: General Eyewear is a London based eyewear boutique and opticians with its own workshop and design study. It offers a curated selection of unusual and beautiul optical frames and sunglasses from seventeen-ninety to nineteen-ninetyfive as well as a full range of optician services. General Eyewear has its own brands of frames and sunglasses and designs and produces bespoke handmade frames.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Baby buggy parking
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Brilliant glasses. A superb shop. Excellent service”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Many thanks to General Eyeware and to Fabio. The shop represents the best in customer service and the passion for the art and design of frames is inescapable. This is NOT your run-of-the-mill high street chain. Please go visit, you may just find a pair of glasses that change your life!

2 Thank Noelmcl

common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Happy customer”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

This shop is impressive, both in terms of the selection of vintage eyewear and the way it is displayed. The service is excellent too. I walked in on a Saturday afternoon for a browse and found a pair that I fell in love with. Sent them my prescription on the Monday and I was wearing the glasses (new lenses and all) on the Wednesday! I also like that there is no fussing about with the choice of lenses as in other opticians. Here they only offer one type, with all the anti-glare coating and you know the emphasis is on quality. Would definitely go back should I need another pair.

1 Thank Nisha K
“Fantastic, quirky store”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Snoopers paradise!
A fantastic selection of frames, and all at really great prices.
The staff are incredibly knowledgeable, helpful (and patient!).
Definitely worth a visit.

Sydney, Australia
“One of a kind”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

This is truly one of my favourite spots in London. I get endless compliments from strangers on my General Eyewear frames - one offs from a vintage French designer. Fabulous, comfortable and well made - I only wish I hadn't spent years prior going to chain optometrists.
The staff here are genuine and knowledgeable and will ensure you walk away with the best glasses to suit you - and you won't look like everyone else!

Visited April 2014
London, United Kingdom
“an Aladdin’s cave of unusual and spectacular frames”
Reviewed 9 April 2014

I first heard about General Eyewear when quizzing a friend on his fascinating 1920's Parisian frames, and was not disappointed when I eventually paid them a visit myself.

This is no ordinary shop - It is an Aladdin’s cave of unusual and spectacular frames of various styles and periods from all around the world. Many of these frames have an extraordinary history, and the manager was extremely obliging in taking me around the showroom to reveal the stories behind individual frames. From start to finish the service was fantastic, with staff spending lots of time in making sure that I found frames to suit me, in the style that I was looking for.

The entire experience was hugely enjoyable, and I will be recommending this shop to anyone who requires glasses of any kind. On top of this, the space itself is beautiful (located in a Victorian railway arch), but be warned, with all of the interest around, you will spend much more time in there than anticipated!

Visited April 2014