Golders Green Hotel
La Gaffe(London)
  • Pool
Queens Hotel(London)
  • Free Internet
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 April 2013

We have just Returned from a 1 night stay in the Golders Green Dungeon!
Even though we had booked and paid over the phone she said they had no record of this until I pointed out I could show the transaction on my phone with online banking. When we opened the door the smell was over whelming. The tea & coffee facilities Consisted of two teabags and some sugar sachets left on a plate with two egg cups to drink from.
There was blood and what looked like excrement smeared on the walls & wardrobe doors. The bases of the beds where absolutely filthy and not covered and our 11 year old son had to sleep in a bed containing somebody else's hairs. We didn't even come back to the room to change before going out for the evening as we couldn't bear to be in the room.
The only window was a bathroom type which you couldn't see out of and the lock on the door didn't work properly. There were no bedside tables to put a clock or phone on and the bedside lights didn't work.
We had to brave breakfast for the children but figured we would be safe with coffee and toast, this was ok but if you looked up at the ceiling it was in danger of collapse.
What can I say, we paid too much attention to the glossy website and forgot to check trip advisor, a mistake we will not make again.

• Stayed: April 2013
4  Thank Tezzerc
Reviewed 4 January 2013

I cannot think of anything to entice me to stay here again.
The corridors are poky and smelly, the state of the bedroom was poor and in bad need of help, a deep clean would not go amiss, in fact, any clean would be an improvement.
It is dreadful, and in my view would not even pass for basic student accommodation.
However, in the interest of balance, the person behind the desk was polite and tried hard, the towels were clean, parking is free, and the bedroom window opened.
My recommendation, unless your desperate, stay away

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
10  Thank steve b
Reviewed 6 November 2012

We booked our room over the phone the week before, but when we arrived they said they had no record of us and claimed they had to charge us an extra £10 (so a total of £69) as we just 'turned up' They guy was very rude and just talked over us when we tried to explain we had actually booked a room, he then proceeded to say we could have someone elses room as they hadnt bothered to turn up yet (it was only 2pm). When we eventually got to the room it stank of stale smoke and was dirty, the bedside light didnt work and the pillows and bed linen reeked of smoke aswell. The locks on the door were pathetic so we pushed the chairs infront of the door to feel safer. We didnt have the courage to brave breakfast, though the smell alone made me gag. I would never stay here again, I have no idea how its still going as the staff were rude, the walls were ridiculously thin, the rooms filthy and we didnt feel safe!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with friends
5  Thank Jenny C
Reviewed 4 November 2012

Aside from the bouncy bed with springs popping through, the room was dirty. When I lifted the toilet seat, it hadn't even been flushed since the last guest, never mind not cleaned! Suffice it to say, I didn't feel comfortable showering there, either. The place was even missing lightbulbs! I will never patronise this place again or recommend it to anyone!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
5  Thank MrCohen
Reviewed 3 September 2012

I have stayed at this hotel around 5 times before and have always been very happy, the last time being a couple of years ago. When I returned last week, I was appalled. The bathroom was filthy. There were diarrhoea stains splashed on the inside of the toilet seat, the shampoo sachets and soap from the previous guest had not been removed from the shower cubicle, the bathroom floor had only been cleaned in the visible areas of the floor. The windowsill had dead insects on it and dust, the drawers had not been wiped out and were dirty and there were saliva stains on the pillow covers. Thankfully, the sheets and towels had been eternally laundered and were clean, but that was all.
I asked to speak to the manager and the receptionist told me she would be there the next morning, but she wasn't. When I checked out I asked again but there was no sign of her. I told the receptionist how disappointed I was and, although he apologised, he just told me to take a card and call the manager myself later in the day! It was obvious they did not really care.
It's such a shame as the hotel is in a good location. I don't know if it is under new management or something but the level has gone down a great deal. I would NEVER go back there. Avoid it at all costs!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family