“Dissapointing” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of LSE Rosebery Hall Residence

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
LSE Rosebery Hall Residence
Ranked #659 of 1,086 Hotels in London
Cardiff, United Kingdom
“Dissapointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

Bad: Room was a mess: there was a chair in the room with horrible marks and stains all over it. The Blind was dirty and so were the walls and the floor, just stains and marks.

I have left my jacket in the room after i have checked out. I called them to send it back to me. They send they would- week later i had to call them ( 3 times to find out what is going on) , they said they have not found it and students have moved back in now- so there is no way its anywhere

:( would not go there again- better to spend some more money and go place else

Good: Breakfast included: from 7-10 that was good, not to early ;)

Room Tip: Just a good location that is all
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 116Monika

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
Sint-Niklaas, Belgium
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2014

Chunky old metal bar beds and too small.
No closet hangers in the wardrobe????????????!!!!!!!
No electric point near the mirror (shaving).
Plastic curtains.... what the....
Breakfast is limited (to 6 pieces) 'Can I have some bacon please?' Yes, ONE piece.

Friendly staff though - I feel for them to have to work there.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Filip B

Travellers are raving about these London hotels

Norwich, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2014

Small bed/study rooms and shared bathroom facilities. I have stayed a few times over the years and my most recent visit was I think the most comfortable. Showers/toilets (shared on floors) have been upgraded and were always clean. It has been and I guess still is probably 'luck of the draw' as to whether you have a quietish room and comfortable mattress - on this occasion i had both so was well pleased. The breakfast offered is good either cooked or a selection of 'continental' items eg ham cheese croissants etc. The staff at Reception were not only efficient but friendly and cheerful, a pleasant change from attitudes I have encountered sometimes in supposedly good hotels! If you don't insist on ensuite and accept that living in a city may at times be noisy Rosebery bed/study rooms must be among the best value accommodation in central(ish) London. Recommended.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Stephanie S, Manager at LSE Rosebery Hall Residence, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay with us at LSE Rosebery Hall on Trip Advisor.

We are pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and that you appreciate our excellent value for money accommodation in the heart of London. We are also pleased that you noticed our upgraded facilities since your last visit!

We very much look forward to welcoming you back in the future.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2014

Have stayed on several occassions at this accomodation.

In my last visit it got renovated and the shared bathroom is very modernised and at high standard.Always enjoyed the heartful breakfast and the safe central location.

In the night there is a bus going to town outside the hall.It's an excellent value for London and would recommend it to anyone who wants a basic clean accomodation at a very good and safe location.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Vassia P
Thank you for your recent lovely comments about LSE Rosebery Hall on Trip Advisor.

It's always nice to welcome back returning guests who appreciate our great value accommodation.

I will be sure to pass on your comments about our hearty breakfast to the catering staff!
Edmonton, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 October 2013

This was my 3rd visit to Rosebery and I must admit, I was somewhat disappointed. First let me list the positives. It is a very good location in Islington with access to Angel Station plus great bus service right out front. Lots of places to eat, drink and shop within a couple of blocks. Exmouth Market offers great variety as does the area around Angel Station. Can walk to St. Paul's Cathedral in 20 minutes. Theatre district is 15 minutes by bus at night....longer in daytime because of traffic.
Rooms are basic and I shared a toilet and shower room with others on floor. They were always clean. Amenities Room (kitchen) on each floor. Cleaner when there aren't students around who make the same mess they do at home, but here there is no Mom here to clean up after them. Can store your food in the fridge. Now have WiFi access in the rooms, a plus. Showers should be much improved as they were doing renos while I was there. Had to search other floors to find one that worked...so be prepared to roam the halls in you basics!!! Be prepared for stairs as the elevator broke down while we were there and only one elevator goes to the top of Myddleton Tower - 7 floors. Generally reception has great young people who try to do their best for you. The noisy local young men who like to gather out behind the residence are still there, but when it rains, they don't come out, otherwise street noise can be loud in the late evenings.

Room Tip: Higher up is generally better to eliminate the street noise.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank Louise P
Stephanie S, Manager at LSE Rosebery Hall Residence, responded to this review, 18 October 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write your review on Trip Advisor.

I am glad you appreciated the good central location with it's easy access to nearby transport links and all the fabulous local amenities. Our basic room facilities and inclusive breakfast offer guests excellent value for money and we are especially pleased this year to have introduced WiFi availability in all our halls.

I agree with you that some of the shower facilities at Rosebery are a little dated. Some of the shower blocks have already been renovated and we are working our way around the others.

I am sorry that the broken elevator inconvenienced you during your stay. We did our best to ensure repair work was undertaken as soon as possible.

Thank you for your kind comments about our reception staff, which I will be sure to pass on.
scotland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

I am used to staying in campus accomodation during the summer in London, it is usually, basic but cheap, safe, clean and central. I had thought that Rosebury Hall would be a safe bet - how sadly i was wrong. The hall is a 1970s building, attractive from the outside in leafy Islington and just across the road from Sadlers Wells. Angel is the nearest tube and Farrington described as close by is actually about a mile away with a hill to climb on the way. the lady on the desk was friendly enough and gave me (wrong) directions to my room. The room itself I had booked as being the cheapest en suite option available - the door opened into a dark and dismal small corridor with two cupboards ( I think) it was really too dark to tell. The aroma of the room was overpowering being a combination of adolescent male and stale tobacco smoke. The chip board ceiling tiles were all damaged and water stained and the damage was obviously old, the pipe casings on the wall had obviously been levered off at some stage and never put back properly, the bathroom floor had a good layer of dried in scum on it and the ceiling tiles suffered the same problems as those in the bedroom. The decor was that cream colour that was fashionable in the 80s which was probably when it was last painted judging by the state of it. The beds were essentially camp beds - there was no mirror in the bedroom, and although there was one in the bathroom, it was too dark to see anything in. The sink had a big sign warning against drinking the water ( this was in England for heaven sake). I arrived at midnight unfortunately - otherwise i would just have left to find somewhere else. On the plus side - the wifi was good, and the staff in the dining room at breakfast were very friendly. The breakfast was of a high standard for campus accommodation. LSE should be ashamed of itself for renting out rooms that have been neglected to this degree to students - and it is completely criminal to let out a room in this state at £84 to the tourist or conference trade. Students - if any of you read this, complain, loud and long if you recognise this room .

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
6 Thank seajay1111
Cowes, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

We booked an en suite room to stay in the night before I needed to attend an eye hospital appointment. We booked it 14 days before arrival and yet it took until the night before for them to call me to tell me they had overbooked and an en suite was no longer available. Not only this but they had already taken the money from my credit card for the booking. To make matters worse I discovered it was London Fashion Week and so now all hotel rooms near the eye hospital were either fully booked or charging nearly double the prices they were when I was researching somewhere to stay 14 days before. We did manage to find some alternative accommodation eventually and I can thoroughly recommend Accommodation London Bridge.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Froggyx1
Thank you for you review on Trip Advisor regarding your recent booking at Rosebery Hall.

Please accept my sincere apologies for the error which occurred. It was due to an unfortunate technical issue which resulted in us overbooking en-suite rooms on the date of your stay. We did our best to contact all guests concerned prior to their arrival to offer alternative accommodation or a full refund.

I am sorry that we disappointed you on this occasion.