“A perfect end to a perfect week”
Review of Plaza on the River

Plaza on the River
Ranked #258 of 1,078 Hotels in London
Reviewed 3 January 2012

I, and my girlfriend, stayed at the Plaza on the River Apartments for one night on the 30th Dec 2011 after spending the previous few nights in Reykjavik. I had proposed to her in the Blue Lagoon in Iceland the night before and arrived at the Plaza around 6pm, excited but tired after having to heave our luggage around Hatton Garden for an engagement ring. We were welcomed by a glass of Champagne and smiling faces from the staff. Our cases were brought up to our beautiful room which also came with a bottle of red and a box of chocolates, courtesy of the Guest Relations Team. We dined that night in the Pan-Asian restaurant (with a discount of 25%) and the quality of the food was as good as in Iceland - this is some feat! - followed by a few cocktails in the bar. The day could not have got any better and the check-out the following day was soothed by Sofia Alcantariua at the reception, who helped us print off our boarding passes (we had changed the flight to a later one as we wanted to stay longer in the apartment!). Sofia was the guest relations agent who had supplied the wine and chocolates and she was a pleasure to speak too.
I would give the stay a 6 out of 5 if I could!
Recommended!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Plazaontheriver, Manager at Plaza on the River, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2012

Dear Belfast,
Thank you very much for your feedback. We are very pleased that you enjoyed your stay with us and the Team are looking forward to welcome you back in the near future. Sofia is a 'star' agent who goes out of her way to ensure all our guest's are looked after accordingly. Wishing you a happy 2012.
Resident Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,591)

Reviewed 26 December 2011

I stayed in Plaza on the River with my wife. It was one of the most wonderful experience I had in my life. The location of the place is unbelievable. The view of my room was impressive, I could see the London Eye and the Big Ben! The staff was very friendly, polite and helpful with a smile on their face. The appartment was immaculate, a proper five star hotel! Whenever I will be in London I will stay in Plaza on the River.

4  Thank Enrik K
Plazaontheriver, Manager at Plaza on the River, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2011

Dear Athens,
Thank you very much for your comments. We would like to wish you a Happy 2012 and hope to welcome you and your family back to the Plaza on the River Club and Residence.
Kindest Regards

Reviewed 21 December 2011

My husband treated me to a weekend break at this outstanding hotel for my birthday and we had an apartment on the seventh floor. From the moment we arrived, nothing was too much. The staff were smiling and happy - something that is not always the case in every 5 star hotel we've stayed in!!! The apartment was beautifully catered for with thoughful little touches like the fresh carton of milk for the tea and coffee. we were given complimentary vouchers for 2 cocktails each which started off our evening rather nicely along with a 25% off voucher for the in-house restaurant which I would highly recommend everyone to try as the food was simply amazing, with yet again exemplary service and considering how expensive it can be to eat out in London we found the cost to be extremely good value. When we wanted to go out and needed information the concierge went above and beyond helping us out. And if you want a truly tasty breakfast and enjoy a leisurely breakfast with every type of dish you can think of then this is the hotel for you - and yet again upon booking in we were offered that at a discounted rate also!!!! Without a doubt the best hotel we've stayed in for all the reasons mentioned above but mostly for the fantastic helpful welcoming happy smiley staff from the manager down to the repair man.... definately a feel good hotel and we should know, we've stayed in quite a few! Well done The Plaza! Might see you for the New Year Celebrations:)

Room Tip: make sure you ask for a room facing the river so you get the views if possible
1  Thank nancy d
Plazaontheriver, Manager at Plaza on the River, responded to this reviewResponded 23 December 2011

Dear Crowthorne,
From all of us we would like to say Thank You for your beautiful feedback and wish you and your family a Merry Christmas with a fantastic 2012 to follow.
Looking forward to welcome you back to the Plaza on the River Club and Residence.

Reviewed 18 December 2011

In preparation for the 2012 Olympics, I went to London and stayed at four different hotels to make plans for next summer and write this review. Cost of the room was not an issue; it was quality, safety, location, and dependability.

The Plaza on the River (Thames) is my hands down winner!

While everyone knows London is extremely expensive and often you don't get what you pay for, this hotel delivers. The rooms are extremely well maintained, air temperature accurate to your settings, and the linens reflect the high cost of staying at a top quality hotel. There is no downside.

If you are thinking on booking for the 2012 Olympics, I recommend doing it today - and here. Considering the cost of each venue, the cost of travel to get to London, and, for most, a once-in-a-lifetime event, the Plaza just makes sense. You won't find a better staff, and the location is wonderful. You might buy some British pounds now while the dollar is high. It's been around $1.55; last summer it was closer to $1.63!

My thanks to the staff at the Plaza. Well done.

Room Tip: As for a room that faces the river for the best view. Plan ahead!
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Cibors
Plazaontheriver, Manager at Plaza on the River, responded to this reviewResponded 21 December 2011

Dear Silver Spring.
We thank you for your comments and wish you and your family a merry Christmas and wonderful 2012. We also hope to welcome you back next year for another visit when in London.
Kindest Regards

Reviewed 15 December 2011

Stayed for two nights after being upgraded by the excellent reservations staff. The apartment was spotless, well equipped, and very modern. One of the key elements of a good stay is the staff, and I have to say that Barbara at the desk was extremely helpful, as well as providing a warm welcome each time I passed through.

Really looking forward to staying again some time soon.

Room Tip: Try asking for an apartment towards the front of the hotel, as mine was on the side, so didn't h...
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank djtaylor74
Plazaontheriver, Manager at Plaza on the River, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2011

Dear Liverpool.
Thank you for your comments. We wish you a wonderful Christmas and a Happy New Year. Hope to see you back in London very soon.

Reviewed 14 December 2011

I have stayed here frequently over the last couple of years and have always had the most positive experiences. The customer service is exemplary, nothing is too much trouble.

The accommodation is of the highest quality possible and every member of staff from housekeeping through to the management really do go the extra mile to make your stay perfect.

It is hard to single out individuals because as I say all the staff are excellent but do have to give a special mention to Aaron who is unfailingly cheerful, helpful and friendly, he always ensures a warm welcome.

I would commend the Plaza to you without hesitation.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Chris B
Plazaontheriver, Manager at Plaza on the River, responded to this reviewResponded 15 December 2011

Dear Liverpool,
We are each time glad to have you back staying with us when in London. As always "thank you" and the Plaza on the River Team are looking forward to your next visit in 2012.
Have a good season holiday and weekend.

Reviewed 14 December 2011

from the doorman to the receptionist and all the staff in between, this place knows how to recruit and train great people. Beautiful hotels can be spoilt by shoddy service but not here. Faultless, effortless customer service. Well done all.

Room Tip: only tried a high floor (8th) which was what I requested, lovely and quiet
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank zjm1964

Dear RIchmond.
I've passed on all our comments to our Team and we would like to thank you for staying with us and we are always very please to read about guest's comments like yours.
Have a great weekend.