“Really a gret place to be !”
Review of Plaza on the River

Plaza on the River
Ranked #219 of 1,068 Hotels in London
Paris, France
“Really a gret place to be !”
Reviewed 10 February 2012

I've been at the Plaza on the River Hotel during a business trip. What a great place to be !
A real appartment with all the comfort you may need, a charming and very professionnal team to take care of you, a good restaurant/bar .... what can I add ? Just that I'm looking forward to go back there !
Thanks for everything !

Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Diane L
Plazaontheriver, Manager at Plaza on the River, responded to this review, 13 February 2012
Dear Paris.
Thank you for your Trip Advisor comments and also staying with us while visiting London. We are looking forward to welcome you back in the near future and enjoy Paris.
Resident Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (274)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
London
Reviewed 8 February 2012

I stayed here as part of my son's birthday treat. I usually stay at the County Hall park plaza, but chose to give this a try as it is more of a apartment rather than a studio in PP county Hall so would mean greater space. I had emailed a few days before arrival about my so's birthday and if they had anything child friendly as the county hall hotel give out kid bags with drinks/ice cream vouchers, games, bubble bath and other nice bits, and just a generally child friendly hotel (in fact the best in London) I was told "when we have a birthday in house we give them special treatment" I was prepared to cancel my booking if they said they had nothing to offer my son and booked with County Hall as I know what to expect there.

Ther was a wedding show on the day I arrrived so was very busy so expected some service issues, what I did not expect was for the doormen to be standing around chatting to friends/event members whilst I struggle to open the door, one even looked at me and turned back round to continued chat.

Check in was fine, I booked a studio room and in that aspect everything was fine, the rooms are lovely although will agree with the issue about the air-con and the room being hot.

Whilst I am not looking for freebies, some kind of special treat for my son would have been nice, even if a few balloons, I could not have done this myself in advance as it was supposed to be a surprise, in this respect I felt slightly cheated as it is as if the guest relations person told me what I wanted to hear rather than thinking of my actual needs which essentially dampened the mood of the day. I would have gone over the the County Hall as I know they would have made some effort.

My personal dispointment aside, The room is nice and comfortable everything you could want is provided, although there was no ipod docking system in my room and had to order from reception, even though the mini bar lady came to my room whilst I was there and said she was going to check my items and give me milk, she never did and again had to call reception to receive the missing items once I realised she had not actually replenished. Turndown service was a bit half hearted, knocked on door, asked if I wanted anything, I took some towels, gave me a couple of chocs and went, not quite the turndown service i am used to but it was in line with the rest of the day so no surprise really. I liked the idea of the DVD rental, and there are quite a few latest releases. The view from my room was nice, I live in London so this does not WOW me, but as a tourist you cant get better.

Check out was fine, no problems there.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank hoxtonbabe
Dear London
We appreciate your comments however Plaza on the River Club and Residence accommodate families, however majority of our clients are corporate guests. I can understand your disappointment with not having balloons, ice cream and goodie bags but we are not Park Plaza County Hall and what works for other hotels doesn't always work here. My Team informed me that they did try to make your stay as comfortable as possible even with a Friends and Family booking. I appreciate all your feedback however I don't feel that it's reasonable to judge us on your County Hall expectations when we try failed any other guests with similar requests.
Have a lovely week ahead and again thank you for your feedback.
Reviewed 8 February 2012

Just returned from the plaza on the river , all we can say is another fabulous stay , this time it was with my girlfriends , we were celebrating a birthday , we were upgraded from a studio to a great huge one bed apartment , they had left us birthday chocs , these little touches you remember and makes you return . My only gripe was the air conditioning was turned off for the winter , it was unbearably hot , they offered a fan , but I don't think that would of made a huge difference . But Apart from that I'll be returning just not in the winter if they turn off the air con.

• Stayed February 2012
Plazaontheriver, Manager at Plaza on the River, responded to this review, 10 February 2012
Dear Girlfriend,
It's been snowing recently and the heating system has been controlled to support drastic weather chances but I'm glad to read you and the girls’ sill had loads of fun. I'm also happy and really blessed with a Team to support me and ensure guests like you had these experiences.
Have a great weekend.
Southend on Sea
Reviewed 31 January 2012

I was upgraded from an open plan to a one bedroom suite with a balcony overlooking the River Thames towards Parliament and the London Eye. Suite comprised of a dining/living room, bedroom and bathroom, all very modern and very comfortable. The suite was fantastic and I would not hesitate to stay her again.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Gary E
Plazaontheriver, Manager at Plaza on the River, responded to this review, 2 February 2012
Dear Southend on Sea.
Thank you for taking the time writing on Trip Advisor. We are looking forward to your next stay and wish you an enjoyable weekend.
Albert van der Westhuizen & Team
Chelmsford, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 January 2012

We've just returned from spending a weekend at the Plaza on the River. From Arrival to Departure nothing could be faulted, Great and welcoming staff, Unbeleivable suites with fantastic views over the Thames. A great location within easy walking reach of all the excitement of Central London but just far enough way to be quiet and relaxing. The restaurant Chino Latino is also a must.

We'll be going back soon!

Room Tip: Try and get a river view Suite
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mitch F
Plazaontheriver, Manager at Plaza on the River, responded to this review, 3 February 2012
Dear UK
Thank you for your lovely comments on Trip Advisor and we are lookin forward to welcome you back. Please do contact myself directly when you do visit London again.
Reviewed 29 January 2012

Wow for location, wow for accomodation, wow for breakfast and service. Walk out of hotel and look to your right over the Thames to view Houses of Parliment. We had a two bed suite which was brilliantly laid out with a sitting and dining area, 3 TVs even fresh milk in the fridge and loads of toiletries i.e. Toothbrush and toothpaste mouthwash etc. Staff were so helpful and pleasant at reception. We had breakfast included and it was gorgeous! Would love to go back soon. Highly recommend it!
From Athlone in Ireland

• Stayed January 2012
1 Thank Sdkeena
Plazaontheriver, Manager at Plaza on the River, responded to this review, 1 February 2012
Dear Sdkeena.
Thank you on your "wow" response and positive feedback. My Team are looking forward welcoming you back to your next visit and wish you a wonderful week and great weekend.
Buenos Aires
Reviewed 28 January 2012

Just came back from staying 6 nights with my kids at the Plaza on the River. We stayed in a River View One Bedroom Suite and breakfast was included in our rate.

The hotel is located on Albert Embankment, 4 blocks north from Vauxhall Station, and 15-20 minutes (walking) to the Westminster Bridge. The area is quite dead specially at night with just one or two cafes/pubs apart from the hotel ones. There are no touristic attractions nearby so be prepared to take the subway or taxi to connect with other areas. We found the location to be just OK for tourists, definitely not ideal but close to the tube where you connect to other areas. This is the only reason why I'm not giving it 5 of 5 as a rating.

The room was very nice, it was spacious, modern, clean and very well equiped. The kitchen has everything you might need and even includes a washer/dryer unit. I recommend paying the extra for a River View as they are very nice.

Breakfast buffet at Chino Latino restaurant was very good as well.

Service was GREAT. Staff were always very welcoming and attentive, always ready to help and assist us. Check in staff, concierge, guest relations and Chino Latino staff were all sooo accomodating. Also, the hotel has all the amenities of a 5 star hotel which include turndown service, complimentary WIFI in all suites, complimentary Voss water, a basket full of snacks and sweets, chocolates, Nespresso coffee, etc.

Although I don't consider the location to be ideal, the nice suites and great staff make this hotel a little gem and I definitely recommend it to anyone.

Room Tip: Pay the extra for the RIver Views if you can and ask for a view of the Parliament!
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Tquinta
Plazaontheriver, Manager at Plaza on the River, responded to this review, 29 January 2012
Dear Buenos Aires,
We would like to thank you for your comments and I will ensure the Team gets your feedback posted today. I do respect your comments with regards the location however I'm sure we have guest's visiting the London Eye, Aquarium and British Museum enjoying the 10 minute walk each way from the Plaza on the River. The Hotel might not be within the city centre however I'm sure everyone enjoys the peace and quiet after a busy day on this side of the river.
Have a great weekend.