“Fantastic Hotel”
Review of Plaza on the River

Plaza on the River
Ranked #244 of 1,073 Hotels in London
Reviewed 4 June 2012

We stayed 2 nights at the Plaza and thoroughly enjoyed our time there.
We were celebrating our 45th wedding anniversary and a lovely bottle of wine was left, complimentary, in our room.
The room was spacious with a sitting room/ kitchen, even free milk in the fridge. We had a lovely view of the Thames.
Staff were very polite and efficient.
I see one review rated the hotel as terrible - WHAT PLANET ARE THEY FROM.
I would rate this hotel (and we've stayed at 5 star hotel all over the world) as better than excellent.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Gabriella_Kolber, Front Office Manager at Plaza on the River, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2012

Dear MaureenDavison48,

First of all let me take the opportunity again to congratulate you and your husband on your 45th wedding anniversary.
I was happy to hear that you stayed with us during this special occasion.
I cannot thank you enough for your very kind feedback on your recent stay with us. I am really pleased to read that you were satisfied with our staff and services. I will pass your comments to all of our staff.

I truly hope we will have the pleasure of seeing you back soon.

There are newer reviews for Plaza on the River

Reviewed 31 May 2012

This Hotel is amazing, the views to Thames river and Big Ben are fantastic! I recommend the rooms view to the river.
The hotel staff is very friendly and helpful.All facilities were excellent quality, there was a dishwasher,Nespresso, microwave, fridge,washing machine.
The kitchen very well equipped with Nespresso capsules and snacks free. Everyday products are exchanged,water, nespresso capsules, and a chocolate on the pillow with a blast card with time the following day.
The baths are very complete.and comfortable.
The breakfast was also very good, the best in terms of quality.You can choose the full English,The continental breakfast among other.
Very recommended! I love it!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family

Dear laia7art,

Thank you for your comments. I am delighted that you found the hotel suited to your needs.

I will forward your comment to the Housekeeping and the Breakfast Chef.

Please feel free to contact me or the Guest Relations Team prior to your next visit to arrange accommodation for you.

I look forward welcoming you back at Plaza on the River Club and Residence.

Reviewed 30 May 2012

My family (made up of 4 adults) stayed here for 9 nights. Every day we came back to a cheerful smile from the receptionist as we got on the elevator. The rooms were quiet. The restaurant was pricey, but the food was wonderful. Subway/bus/train was a few blocks away. Several nearby pubs and small restaurants were also close. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Karen M
Gabriella_Kolber, Front Office Manager at Plaza on the River, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2012

Dear Karen M,

Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at the hotel. I am delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and your dinner in our award winner Chino Latino Restaurant.

Please feel free to contact myself or the Guest Relations Team to arrange reservations for you and your family.

I look forward welcoming you back at Plaza on the River in the near future.

Reviewed 24 May 2012

I booked this hotel as an overnight stay in London for my husband's birthday, based on reviews and on wanting a hotel with a view over the river and the London skyline. We loved it from the moment we arrived. I'd booked a one-bedroom suite but it wasn't clear from the web site information that this wouldn't have the iconic view of Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament, so we upgraded to a two bedroomed suite with a balcony and it was worth the extra. Everyone at the hotel was so friendly and helpful, and there was a birthday card waiting along with a special arrangement of fruit, cookies and snacks - a really lovely touch. The location was perfect as we could walk right into Covent Garden, and the views at night over London were wonderful - especially from the balcony where we heard Big Ben chiming midnight. The suite was very spacious and the bed was huge and extremely comfortable. All in all, a memorable stay at an excellent hotel - thank you.

Room Tip: if you want a view of Big Ben you need to opt for a 2 bedroom suite. Otherwise, the view to the wes...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Gabriella_Kolber, Front Office Manager at Plaza on the River, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2012

Dear Nod63,

I am truly delighted to know that you have found our hotel great and chose Plaza on the River to celebrate such a special occasion with us. Thank you for your kind words about our staff and your room.

This kind of reviews gives us a new inspiration to do all of our bests for our guests.

Once again we would like to wish a Happy birthday to your husband.

Hopefully we will be able to welcome you back in London soon.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 23 May 2012

From the start our request for early check-in was granted. This is must when traveling with a 3 and 6 year old. All the major sites are in walking distance as well as the Underground and RER. The latter is perfect for day trips to Windsor and Hampton Court. The hotel staff was friendly and attentive to our needs. We would definitley stay there again!

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Andrew B
Gabriella_Kolber, Front Office Manager at Plaza on the River, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2012

Dear Andrew B,

Thank your your feedback and the time you took to write to us.

We are very glad that you had a great experience and do hope to welcome you back very soon.

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 16 May 2012

We booked a corner suite and could not have been more pleased with our stay. We arrived very early after an overnight flight and the wonderful staff was able to check us in to our suite, which was very much appreciated. Huge living room with beautiful view of the Thames and Big Ben, and a balcony to sit outside and further enjoy the view. Gorgeous bathroom with huge soaking tub. Very quiet hotel-great for a good night's sleep after lots of touring. Close to all major tourist attractions and a tube station. We were thrilled with the entire experience.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Dexter232
Gabriella_Kolber, Front Office Manager at Plaza on the River, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2012

Dear MelissaJay,

Thank you for your positive comments about your recent stay at the hotel.

It is comments like these that enable us to motivate our team to achieve greater heights.

Should you decide to re-visit us, please let me know so I can welcome you in person.

Thank you once again, and I look forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed 12 May 2012

We just stayed in the 2 bedroom balcony suite with river views, and we absolutely loved it. The room was modern and elegant with incredible views of the Thames and Parliament/Big Ben. And the location, while not as central as Knightsbridge was absolutely fine- 10 minutes away from everything. We took a double decker bus accross the road to the Tower, which was really fun.

I highly reccomend the hotel for a family looking for a luxury experience in London.

• Stayed: May 2012
2  Thank Wyckham
Gabriella_Kolber, Manager at Plaza on the River, responded to this reviewResponded 14 May 2012

Dear Wyckham,

Thank you very much for your fantastic comments regarding your recent stay with us.
I was delighted to read that you have your enjoyed your time with us whist visiting London.

We are looking forward welcoming you back in the near future.

Kindest regards,