“Perfect end to our honeymoon!”

Plaza on the River - Club and Residence
Ranked #214 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Carmarthen
“Perfect end to our honeymoon!”
Reviewed 10 September 2012

My husband and I have struggled to find enough superlatives to do this magnificent hotel and wonderfully friendly and helpful staff justice! From the moment we arrived we were given the VIP treatment. The taxi door was opened for us, cases dealt with, we were directed to the reception desk (a much nicer experience than most hotels as we could sit in comfortable chairs) and we were immediately offered champagne to toast our honeymoon, which was a lovely touch! Then Barbara told us we'd been upgraded from a one bedroom river view suite to a two bedroom one with the best view! I had organised this hotel as a surprise for my husband and he was bowled over!
When we walked through the door into the suite, we were both stunned by how gorgeous it was! There was a fully stocked kitchen with washing machine, dishwasher, coffee machine etc, a lovely dining table, sofa and armchair, coffee table, desk and chair, TV and DVD in both bedrooms and living room area, phones everywhere including bathrooms (with large bath and walk-in shower big enough for 2!) and best of all the most outstanding view imaginable of the Thames, Westminster, Big Ben etc. from our balcony, with a table and four chairs! You could see for miles in both directions! At night it was even more magical! All our honeymoon hotels in France, Italy and Switzerland were 4-5 star excellent hotels but this was the icing on the cake! As if all that wasn't enough, there were balloons and a honeymoon card on the table near the door and there were red rose petals scattered on our bed! Such a lovely thought, thank you!
We arrived at around 8pm and originally booked into the restaurant for 9.30 to give us time to freshen up but I rang down to ask if there was any way we could have the meal brought up to us. Usually the menu is limited for room service but we were offered the full selection and a menu was brought to us 5 minutes later with some delicious savoury and sweet snacks, beautifully presented! Our meal arrived 30 minutes later as we'd ordered something which took 25 minutes to cook. It was, again, beautifully prepared and tasted absolutely divine! Definitely worthy of Chino Latino's excellent reputation.
After the meal, we sat and drank coffee on the balcony and it was blissful! We heard Big Ben chime midnight and it was the most romantic end to a beautiful night. We decided we had to have breakfast on the balcony the following morning so we ordered cereal for my husband, fruit for me, Eggs Benedict and toast for both of us, fruit juice and coffee. When the breakfast arrived, all the hot food was kept perfectly hot in the trolley so we could enjoy the cereal and fruit first. (We'd actually been given two of everything so we both had cereal and fruit!) When we eventually got around to the Eggs Benedict, I was stunned to find the yolks were still perfectly runny! It was the best breakfast we'd ever had in a hotel! There were even delicious croissants and rolls in a basket which we hadn't even asked for! We simply couldn't eat everything! Even my husband had to give up!!
I just want to say a huge thank you again to everyone involved in making our stay absolutely out of this world! We couldn't fault a thing - it actually exceeded my expectations! We both can't wait to return!!

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Gabriella_Kolber, Front Office Manager at Plaza on the River - Club and Residence, responded to this review, 12 September 2012
Dear TheMountys,

Thank you for your wonderful comments about our staff. We strive ourselves on our excellent customer service.
I will take great pleasure in sharing your compliments with all of them.

We would be delighted to welcome you back on your first anniversary if not earlier.
I will personally ensure you will receive the same customer service.

Please feel free to contact us to arrange the reservation for you and your husband.

I am looking forward welcoming you back and meet your personally.

Front of House Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (269)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Folkestone, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 September 2012

Decided to take the kids to London during the holidays and opted for a stay in one of their apartments. We had a lovely view of the Thames from our window, it was a shame it wasn't facing the other direction towards the London Eye etc for the view but this didn't really impact on the stay. Everything you could possibly need for a get away with the family all in one place. The free welcome drink is a nice addition to the service.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Gabriella_Kolber, Front Office Manager at Plaza on the River - Club and Residence, responded to this review, 11 September 2012
Dear Tw1nblad3,

Thank you very much for your comment on Tripadvisor. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your holidaywith us and you loved the apartment.

Please feel free to contact us in the future should you like to return to stay with us again to book a room with a River view and balcony in order to guarantee a London Eye view.

I am looking forward welcoming you back.

Utopia, Texas
Reviewed 2 September 2012

Fantastic, helpful staff. Excellent facilities - full sized refrigerator, china, fabulous induction stove top. Good bus line to Chelsea, Sloane Square, Knightsbridge etc. Free wi-fi and welcome drink. We thoroughly enjoyed our two night stay. Highly recommended!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank lollypollyme
Gabriella_Kolber, Front Office Manager at Plaza on the River - Club and Residence, responded to this review, 7 September 2012
Dear lollopollye,

Thank you very much for your highly scored Tripadvisor comment. I am glad to hear that you have enjoyed your two nights stay with us and that the apartment is suitable for your needs.

We are looking forward welcoming you back in the near future, hopefully that time for a bit longer.

Worcester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 August 2012

I was upgraded from a Park Plaza hotel room in the adjacent building and was extremely happy about it! In fact so pleased was I with the 1-bed 5* apartment that I traded a night out in London, for a night in, with a luxurious bath and overspilling basket of chocolate and wine goodies!

The apartment itself was very well equipped, hob and microwave, washing machine, dishwasher, nespresso coffee machine and BIG coffee cups! - table and chairs, 2 flatscreen tvs, champagne chilling in the fridge, big bathroom with all sorts of toiletries, fluffy robes and slippers - phone next to the loo! SUPER CLEAN - I didnt find a speck of dust so congratulations to the housekeeping team!

The pan-Asian restaurant downstairs is also lovely, and good value with a 15% discount voucher.

The staff were very friendly and couldnt do enough for you, arranging transport, booking tables etc. Theyd helpfully placed me (lone female) close to the lifts etc.The bar staff mix a great Mojito!

The only minor failing was that the corporate credit card id booked with and confirmed could be used by the front desk prior to my arrival had not been processed, leaving me with a large bill to settle.

I'll be back with my colleagues as soon as the opportunity arises!

Room Tip: enquire about an upgrade - always worth asking!
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Lianne D
Gabriella_Kolber, Front Office Manager at Plaza on the River - Club and Residence, responded to this review, 2 September 2012
Dear Lianne D,

Thank you very much for your great review. It makes me glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. And what makes me the happiest are your comments on our staff were friendly and your special thank you for our Housekeeping Team.
I hope the issue with your corporate credit card had been fixed now and you don’t have any other problems. Once again, apologise for that.

Should you like to return to stay with us again, either for business or for pleasure, please feel free to contact us directly to arrange reservation. We would be happy to assist you reserving a table for you and your family in our award winner Chino Latino Restaurant as well.

We look forward to being your host again!

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 27 August 2012

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay at the Plaza on the River. The apartment was spacious, elegantly designed, and had a nice kitchen to match. There was a nice Asian fusion restaurant on the lobby level. All guests receive coupon for 10%? (not sure about figure) at the restaurant and complimentary welcome drink (two). Nice additions to a warm and welcoming hotel/apartment.
Staff were very attentive and friendly.
Highly reccomend.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
Gabriella_Kolber, Front Office Manager at Plaza on the River - Club and Residence, responded to this review, 31 August 2012
Dear jcs1000,

Thank you very much for your comment on Tripadvisor. It was great to read that you enjoyed your stay with.

Should you like to return to Plaza on the River to stay again or just for a lovely dinner in the Chino Latino Restaurant, please feel free contact us.

The Chino Latino Restaurant is running several offers at the moment and if you pre-book the table you can save up to 40% on your food bill (for full Terms & Conditions, please contact the Chino Latino Team).

I am looking forward welcoming you back at Plaza on the River in the near future.

Sulzbach am Main, Germany
Reviewed 27 August 2012

Our second stay and just as good, the service is excellent and the rooms very comfortable. All the staff were very friendly and helpful, especially Andrea in the restaurant. I would recommend The Plaza to anyone!

Room Tip: The rooms to the front of the hotel have a beautiful view over the Thames and we experienced no prob...
Dear saltstream,

Thank you very much for your comment regarding your recent stay at Plaza on the River.

I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and that your liked the apartment. I will pass on your comments to Andrea and her Line Manager who will be both delighted to read your comments as an appreciation of her hard work.

I look forward welcoming you back in the near future.

Kindest Regards,
Warrington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 August 2012

I am always cautious when booking a hotel in London but Plaza on the River is Outstanding.
The location is perfect, 10 mins walk along the riverbank from Vauxhall tube station and 5 mins in a taxi to Waterloo main line (taxi between £7 and £9). We could not hear the trains.
We stayed for 2 nights, the last weekend of the Olympics, 2 adults and 2 children. We arrived early just to leave our luggage and were informed we would be upgraded to a 2 bedroom suite.
The front of house team were warm and welcoming and chatted with the children about the weekend ahead.
The suite was outstanding, 2 bedrooms both with en suites, large comfy beds, large TVs and lots of storage space. The living area was spacious and had everything we needed and more, full size fridge, dishwasher, washing machine the Nespresso coffee machine was my favourite.
Clean and well maintained with special little extra touches.
We had a full agenda so time in the hotel was limited, we did not get chance to use the complimentary drinks vouchers or sample the hotel menus.
We were very impressed with the Plaza on the River and would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: The 2 bedroom suite on the 6th floor had everything we needed.
Dear travel-fan987,

Thank you very much for your positive feedback.

We do pride ourselves to delivery only the best service and to ensure all our guest's leaves satisfied and do hopefully return in the near future.

We are looking forward in welcoming you back to the Plaza on the River Club and Residence, hopefully this time you can stay a bit longer.