Plaza on the River
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$376
US$308
US$256
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
Park Grand London Kensington(London)(Great Value!)
US$134
US$120
  • Restaurant
Holiday Inn London - Brent Cross(London)(Great Value!)
US$102
US$97
US$339
US$317
Travelocity
1,673 results
All reviewschino latinoriver viewbig benone bedroom suitelondon eyevauxhall stationpark plaza riverbankalbert embankmentwashing machinea small grocery storeroom servicefloor to ceiling windowsfull kitchenvictoria lineguest relationsstar hotelbuilding work
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 November 2013

They deserve 4 stars only for their huge rooms. Location too is great, in my opinion one of the best areas in London. Staff was very friendly and polite. I did not use any of the facilities at the hotel.
The main drawback is noise. In the room I could hear people talking, the room above me being cleaned, and just about everything else going on in my near environment. It is so noisy that I have been considering giving the hotel only 3 out of 5. Hmm..... No, let's go with a weak 4 score! But seriously, this must be a problem for them? I mean, when they went about with the vacuum cleaner in the room above I was really shocked by the level of noise in my room.

Room Tip: Ask for top floor maybe, to avoid all the high-heel steps in the room above you?
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank wgjedrem
Gabriella_Kolber, Front Office Manager at Plaza on the River, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Dear wgjedrem,

Thank you very much for your honest review you had left to share with others. It is always a pleasure to hear such comments and also including wonderful comments about our staff.

Please accept my apologize for the noise issues incurred during your recent stay.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

We have been to this hotel on many occasion over the last 5 years. Still very good service, room are still very spacious. My family and I love coming back here and have has very good memories. A few changes the last couple of times we have visited. No more valet parking (drop your bags and drive to another hotel and walk back) and no more cocktail vouchers to use in the bar. Only 2 bottles of water in the room for 5 people. Little changes we have noticed and am sure many others also would notice. We are club members and would at least expect a drink in the bar.

Room Tip: Definately go for a river view or you could be looking at the railway
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Donna B

Dear DonnaB,

Thank you very much for your comment left on Tripadvisor.

Unfortunately we have lost our parking facilities on site, and the nearest secured parking is in 5-10 minutes away.

Our Operations Management Team along with the Head Concierge are looking into options to have parking facilities again, which is one of our projects for the new year.

May I kindly ask you to contact me directly with more information about your reservation details in order to look into your concerns about the missing vouchers? Without the correct name or reservations details, I cannot comment freely.

I trust we can welcome you back in the near future, when I can perhaps meet you personally.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

We stayed in the Residence side for the second time and we love the Plaza on the River! Beautiful, spacious, rooms with very helpful staff. Close to transportation and the little grocery right outside the door of the hotel comes in very handing for keeping our little kitchenette area stocked with snacks and drinks.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank 6xinsanity
Gabriella_Kolber, Front Office Manager at Plaza on the River, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2013

Dear 6xinsanity,

Wow, thank you for posting your amazing review on Tripadvisor.

Glad you enjoyed our hotel and our great location as a base for your visit to London.

Thank you for your recommendation and I hope we can welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

Our family stayed in a 2-bedroom apartment during our London vacation. The Plaza on The River was a luxury apartment conveniently located near the Vauxhall Tube Stop and walking distance to the Houses of Parliament. The kitchen facility made it easy for us to have a low key, low cost breakfast in our apartment before heading off sightseeing - and there was a small grocery store conveniently located next door. The hotel also had a wonderful restaurant (Chino Latino) where we could grab a quick drink or dinner. We also had laundry facilities in our apartment which made packing easier. Finally, we chose to upgrade to an apartment with a balcony and the view of London was stunning - great place for coffee in the morning or a cocktail as the sun set. We would definitely stay here again!

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Julie01778
Gabriella_Kolber, Front Office Manager at Plaza on the River, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

Dear Egad,

Thank you for taking the time to post your recommendation!

As you mention in your review, we are indeed perfectly hotel for those who are looking for serviced apartments in the heart of London, by the river.

I have shared your positive comments with our Chino Latino Restaurant as an appreciation of their beautiful work. The food is indeed delicious.

Let's hope you will get to visit us again sometime soon.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 19 October 2013

This is my second trip to the Plaza on the River. A good location with only a short location to Vauxhall Tube station. As a party of 3 we stayed in a one bedroom suite with a river view. The view was okay. Looking out we were on the right hand side of the hotel. On a previous occasion we had a view looking out to the left and it was much more interesting. The suite is spacious and even with the sofa bed made up in the living room there was plenty of space. The kitchen area is great and we often bought our own breakfast and dinner to eat at the table. The bedroom is a good size with plenty space to stow all the shopping bags. The beds are large and comfy and there was no complaints about the sofa bed. Staff especially the doormen and the porters are polite and friendly.
Only a couple of small points - the bedroom carpet in room 354 was a bit marked, there was 3 of us in the room and although the chocolates at night are a lovely touch each night we only received a box of 2.
Watch out for the light switches beside the main door. One of those controls a light outside of your room and if you leave the red light on you don't get your room cleaned.
We would definitely return again.

Room Tip: Better to pay a little more and get a room with a view.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank JanM125

Dear JanM125,

I really appreciate your recommendation, thank you!

Please accept my apologize for the one missing box of chocolates during turn dow service.

We should hope to see you again, on your next visit to London.

Yours sincerely,