“Excellent views clean and friendly!!”

Plaza on the River - Club and Residence
Ranked #220 of 1,067 Hotels in London
Sandy, United Kingdom
“Excellent views clean and friendly!!”
Reviewed 11 November 2013

Very impressed with our stay at this hotel, me and my partner stayed for one night for birthday celebrations. on arrival were offered champagne and were upgraded to a river view room. We had a full mini bar and teas coffees, a lovely clean tidy room, and a huge comfy bed! . When we came back after going out there were chocolates and a happy birthday note left in the room for us. We had some drinks in the bar with table service although not impressed with the service charge of 12% . But we're also given free snacks with our drinks. Also free pastrys and juice were offered in the lobby in the morning! Overall a lovely stay would definitely go again!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Gabriella_Kolber, Front Office Manager at Plaza on the River - Club and Residence, responded to this review, 17 November 2013
Dear Chrystal1234,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor.

I was thrilled to read such a perfect review of your stay and that we managed to surprise you on your birthday with little treats.

If you have a moment would like to hear more details about your comment of the optional charge of 12.5% service charge in the Bar. Please feel free to contact me if your would like to share any specifics on this with me and the Chino Team.

We look forward to welcoming you back very soon to Park Plaza Riverbank London.

Front of House Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (269)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Basel, Switzerland
Reviewed 10 November 2013

First class accommodation conveniently located on the embankment close to Vauxhall station and just 15 minutes walk to the Houses of Parliament. Rooms are stylish and well appointed with a comfortable bed, spacious lounge, good kitchen facilities and a nice bathroom. Recommended.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your wonderful 5 star review for our hotel seanyg. We were who was delighted to hear that room was up to your expectation and that you had a lovely stay.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you and your family back soon.

Regards,
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 4 November 2013 via mobile

The hotel is very nice, great location and staff generally good. This is our 2 nd stay at this hotel. I was disappointed this time as I believe the hotel is not committed to servicing their number 1 priority which is customers staying in their hotel and what they expect. 2 things for us were: building construction happening on both sides of the hotel. Whilst this is generally outside of their control, there was nothing on their website to alert people who are booking their rooms. On arrival we were met with the sound of jack hammers and dirty windows from the dust at a hotel where their major asset is the view of the river Thames which of course comes with a hefty price tag. We asked to be moved but we were met with obstacles and a sense that we were being unreasonable, to the point that we received a comment that most guests would not be expected to be in their rooms during the day and should not notice. The second thing was a corporate function on a week night in the hotel function rooms. The DJ went until 1.30 am which is not something that should happen in a hotel where the primary income is from 5 star paying guests trying to sleep. This hotel seems to have been lured into the corporate dollar and is now watering down their commitment to a 5 star hotel. Good luck for the future if you don't decide what is important to you. We asked the manager to call us back twice and no one did. I am sorry to say we won't stay their again and we are club Carlson members, so I am not sure of what the advantage is to be members now.

• Stayed October 2013
3 Thank Tweedkirra
Gabriella_Kolber, Front Office Manager at Plaza on the River - Club and Residence, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Dear Tweedkirra,

I am truly sorry to hear of your comments regarding your recent stay with us.

I have emailed you directly pertaining to your stay.

Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Many times we use Pricelines bid system to get hotels. Never been done wrong yet. This time, the day before checking in (last minute trip) I put in for a 5 star hotel for $250 a night. I got The Plaza on the River. Checking their website I saw it was only a 4 star hotel. I figured finally my Priceline luck ran out. Then I arrived at the hotel. They explained there were two hotels in the one location...both a 4 star and 5 star. I was reserved at the 5 star. Couldn't believe it. London $250 a night , top floor, 3 room suite with giant windows in both the living room and bedroom overlooking the Thames River and Big Ben and Parliament.
I've been to London 20 times, always a 4 or 5 star hotel, including The Ritz a few times. This was absolutely the best. One more benefit...always a taxi available for night time theater going. No wait. Friendly folks. The greatest.

Room Tip: River side, up high!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ray L
Dear Ray L,

Thank you ever so much for a wonderful and honest review of our hotel.
I am really happy to read that you had enjoyed your stay and as you said we are your new favourite hotel in London.

Please feel free to contact us directly in the future when you travel bring you back to London, to ensure one of our lovely One-bedroom apartments is booked for you.

Stavanger
Reviewed 3 November 2013

They deserve 4 stars only for their huge rooms. Location too is great, in my opinion one of the best areas in London. Staff was very friendly and polite. I did not use any of the facilities at the hotel.
The main drawback is noise. In the room I could hear people talking, the room above me being cleaned, and just about everything else going on in my near environment. It is so noisy that I have been considering giving the hotel only 3 out of 5. Hmm..... No, let's go with a weak 4 score! But seriously, this must be a problem for them? I mean, when they went about with the vacuum cleaner in the room above I was really shocked by the level of noise in my room.

Room Tip: Ask for top floor maybe, to avoid all the high-heel steps in the room above you?
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank wgjedrem
Dear wgjedrem,

Thank you very much for your honest review you had left to share with others. It is always a pleasure to hear such comments and also including wonderful comments about our staff.

Please accept my apologize for the noise issues incurred during your recent stay.

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 November 2013

We have been to this hotel on many occasion over the last 5 years. Still very good service, room are still very spacious. My family and I love coming back here and have has very good memories. A few changes the last couple of times we have visited. No more valet parking (drop your bags and drive to another hotel and walk back) and no more cocktail vouchers to use in the bar. Only 2 bottles of water in the room for 5 people. Little changes we have noticed and am sure many others also would notice. We are club members and would at least expect a drink in the bar.

Room Tip: Definately go for a river view or you could be looking at the railway
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Donna B
Dear DonnaB,

Thank you very much for your comment left on Tripadvisor.

Unfortunately we have lost our parking facilities on site, and the nearest secured parking is in 5-10 minutes away.

Our Operations Management Team along with the Head Concierge are looking into options to have parking facilities again, which is one of our projects for the new year.

May I kindly ask you to contact me directly with more information about your reservation details in order to look into your concerns about the missing vouchers? Without the correct name or reservations details, I cannot comment freely.

I trust we can welcome you back in the near future, when I can perhaps meet you personally.

Austin, Texas
Reviewed 30 October 2013

We stayed in the Residence side for the second time and we love the Plaza on the River! Beautiful, spacious, rooms with very helpful staff. Close to transportation and the little grocery right outside the door of the hotel comes in very handing for keeping our little kitchenette area stocked with snacks and drinks.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank 6xinsanity
Gabriella_Kolber, Front Office Manager at Plaza on the River - Club and Residence, responded to this review, 1 November 2013
Dear 6xinsanity,

Wow, thank you for posting your amazing review on Tripadvisor.

Glad you enjoyed our hotel and our great location as a base for your visit to London.

Thank you for your recommendation and I hope we can welcome you back again soon.