“Only place i stay now”
Review of Plaza on the River

Plaza on the River
Ranked #250 of 1,076 Hotels in London
Reviewed 30 January 2014

After spending many years working and playing in London I have been through a lot of hotels but for my needs in my view there is no better. The facilities are top class, the rooms and apartments are very comfortable and well fitted out and the bar and dining areas are top notch. Originally on the map the location put me off because I thought I would need to walk quite a way to the nearest tube but I was wrong I could easily get to the Vauxhall tube within a couple of minutes. I would recommend this hotel to anyone

Room Tip: Higher in the building the better and if you get a river view even better still
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Gabriella_Kolber, Front Office Manager at Plaza on the River, responded to this reviewResponded 2 February 2014

Dear Luke H,

Thank you for placing your review. I am pleased that you have chosen and you continue staying at Plaza on the River Club and Residence when your work bring you to London.
I am happy that you found the facilities of the room and our Chino Latino Restaurant & Bar met your expectations and are to your liking.

Indeed our location is perfect, just a few minutes walk from the station, and just across to the Big Ben.

I look forward to welcoming you again in one of our comforting rooms in the near future.

Reviewed 28 January 2014

I've never done a review before but this apartment literally made our trip! We had floor to ceiling windows overlooking the Thames with Big Ben, the Houses of Parliament and the London Eye in our view from our bedrooms - like something you'd see in an American film when they stay in stereotypical London - but this was real! It was our son's first trip (age 6) and we had had a really tough year with premature twins so we wanted a treat and somewhere that was easy as we had all three with us. This. Was. Amazing. Everything was perfect, first class and we will without doubt returning. A perfect place to stay to do 'typical London trip' Can't recommend highly enough - hence submitting a review.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view. It's deffo worth the extra honestly!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank MRSD1209
Gabriella_Kolber, Front Office Manager at Plaza on the River, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

Dear HRSD1209,

Wow.. Thank you ever so much for your wonderfully great review.

It is truly a pleasure to read such comments and I do hope you and your family return to us soon, for the second episode.

Please feel free to contact myself or the Guest Relations Team to reserve one of the river view apartments.

Reviewed 26 January 2014

Had a high quality stay in this hotel in London. Very kind staff and high quality materials in the room with a great view. Very quiet room. Would advise not to stay in the lower levels as there some colleagues of mine were complaining of the noise from the subway.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Luccosters

Dear Lucccosters,

Thank you for writing your review.

I am happy that you had an enjoyable stay in our hotel. I am glad that we could contribute to your stay, business or leisure by hosting you and providing a great service.

We are looking forward welcoming you back.

Best regards,

Reviewed 25 January 2014

I have just returned from a 2 night stay at the Park Plaza Riverbank. Our suite was fabulous, with everything I could possibly require with the most spectacular views over the Thames, towards Big Ben. We were fortunate to get an upgrade so our room had a balcony too. The suite was equipped with everything you could possibly need, with excellent in facilities, and extremely comfortable.

Our hotel package included a cocktail tasting with their mixologist, Marvin, which I highly recommend if available. We then enjoyed an extremely good meal on the first evening in the Chino Latino restaurant, helped by our knowledgeable waitress, Andrea.

The breakfast, the next morning in the Chino Latino restaurant was superb. We enjoyed the full English Breakfast with some additional items from the Continental breakfast selection, which provided a very wide range of choice, including some tempting fresh fruit and delicious pastries.

After a very busy day sightseeing, we returned to the suite, stopping first at a very pleasant traditional pub called the Rose, near the hotel. On our second night we very much appreciated the In Room Dining Experience. Our three course meal was delivered to our room, and the food was exceptionally good. It was such a great way relax, after a hectic day.

On our second morning we decided to have the Continental breakfast, as there was so a vast range of choice, which we had not managed to indulge in the previous day after the full English breakfast.
I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel, the staff are excellent, superb facilities and extremely comfortable suites. Being on the Embankment it’s a pleasant riverside walk to Waterloo station, and on to the London Eye, Tate Modern, and Shakespeare’s Globe. The hotel is opposite the Tate Britain, just across the river, and certainly worth a visit. Thank you to all the staff for making us feel so welcome, and making our two-night break so memorable.

Room Tip: Ask for a view of Big Ben.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Joosing

Dear Joosing,

I am very happy to read your comment. Such words of praise are warming up our hearts.

I am really happy that we could contribute to your London weekend, full of excitements throughout your stay with spacious, cosy and clean rooms and enjoyable food & beverage experience.

I am happy that you left satisfied after your trip and looking forward to the next occasion to visit us.

I will be more than happy to welcome you back at Plaza on the River Club and Residence.

Reviewed 24 January 2014

My wife, daughter and I booked into this hotel as a base for a night at the theatre and two days doing the sights. We were blown away by the place.

First pleasant surprise was being upgraded to a two bedroom suite overlooking the river. The room was fabulous with all the facilities that you would expect of a top class hotel. I especially loved the espresso maker.

The staff were friendly and extremely helpful. Check in was quick and efficient.

The hotel is a five minute walk (along the river, past Lambeth Palace!) from the Houses of Parliament so I'm not sure how other comments have stated that "it's not near anything!"

We walked up to Trafalgar Square and Piccadilly Circus, stopping in to sample the local beers on the way, and had a fab night watching Phantom in Her Majesty's Theatre.

The bed was very comfortable and there was no noise disturbance.

We didn't eat at the hotel (because we didn't have enough time!) so I can't comment on the food quality.

On checking-out, the staff helpfully organised storing our cases so that we could get a last couple of hours sight-seeing and arranged a taxi to the station for us.

We loved it here and highly recommend it to anyone looking for a place to stay, long or short duration, in the capital city.

Room Tip: Try to get a river view just to add to the 'London' experience.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Gabriella_Kolber, Front Office Manager at Plaza on the River, responded to this reviewResponded 25 January 2014

Dear mickeyflea,

Thank you for posting another 5 star review for our hotel.

We’re thrilled you enjoyed your stay and we managed to surprise you with an upgrade to one of our Two bedroom apartments.

I am also trilled to see that how satisfied you wee with our staff, faculties and had a good nights rest in one of our comfy rooms.

We are looking forward welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 22 January 2014

This hotel is a little off the main tourist track. It's close enough that it would be a great extended stay if you were in town for business, but it's a 10-15 minute walk from any of the major sites. The hotel itself is beautiful, as was our 1-bedroom suite with a view of the London Eye. Unfortunately, the service was their downfall. First off, the bellman wasn't sure where we should check in because the entrance leads to 2 separate hotels. We had specifically booked this hotel in the middle of a 14 day trip to Europe because of it's in-room laundry facilities. What we got was a miniature washer/dryer combo that nobody knew how to use. We spoke with at least 5 different hotel employees and not one person could tell us how to use the machine. I finally got it to start with one small load but it ran for hours and hours and I couldn't get it to open back up. Once it finally did, my clothes were still damp and overly wrinkled. Finally, the room service food we ordered was inedible. We got a pizza, some appetizers, and nachos. It was honestly all disgusting. The pizza tasted like it was frozen and then microwaved. The calamari was rubbery and tasteless. The nachos were the best part, but even those weren't very good.

It's such a shame because this hotel has all the potential in the world. The service team needs some serious training if they want to charge the kinds of prices that they are currently charging.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Gabriella_Kolber, Front Office Manager at Plaza on the River, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Dear RyanK,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments.

I was very disappointed to read your review, I have emailed you directly via this site so that we could learn from this experience and do better in future.

Again, your feedback is much appreciated, thank you.

Yours sincerely,

Reviewed 21 January 2014

Having held high expectations but holding bated breath we got exactly what it said on "the tin".This place really is what it is and looks exactly as it does in the photos.We paid a fantastic price for 2 adjoining one bed rooms with huge seperate bathroom, sitting area with huge flatscreen tvs.Kitchen that was like home from home which was ideal as I hve 3 children whom want feeding all the time.Beds most comfortable and crisp clean also which had a huge tv, huge wardrobe with slippers and gowns.Mini bar stocked full off lovely goodies which was fab.The 2 hotel rooms between the 5 of us was huge and it was just great having all the space to ourselves.Views from the window werent too bad but had we been facing upto westminster it would of been just that little bit more perfect.Concierge etc were fine.I liked most of all the maids cleaning up after id made breakfast.We would leave on a morning to go sightseeing return on an evening to find beds made with little chocolates on pillows.breakfast pots and kitchen cleaned (dishwasher to use) floors swept and hoovered, bathroom sparkling with fresh towels.We really couldnt ask for much more.A great christmas break in london thanks to Plaza on the Riiver x

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family

Dear JennyM,

Thank you for taking the time to write your wonderful review, it is always a pleasure to hear that we made our guests stay a great one, home away from home.

Our staff is always happy to assist our guests, meet and exceed guests expectations.

We are looking forward welcoming you back in the near future, maybe the next school break?

Please feel free to contact me directly if I can assist you with your reservations.