“A hospitable and comfortable stay”

Plaza on the River - Club and Residence
Ranked #214 of 1,067 Hotels in London
London, United Kingdom
“A hospitable and comfortable stay”
Reviewed 22 February 2014

As a member of Club Carlson I have stayed here a number of times . The check in staff are always friendly and helpful . All the rooms are spacious and comfortable and fully equipped for an enjoyable stay. Highly recommended .

Room Tip: Try to get a river view with a balcony
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Gabriella_Kolber, Front Office Manager at Plaza on the River - Club and Residence, responded to this review, 26 February 2014
Dear KennyT,

Thank you for your review following your stay with us and I am thrilled that you liked the location, staff and facilities.

We are always welcome back our regular Club Carlson guests at Plaza on the River Club and Residence.

I do hope you will visit us again where I can thank you in person.

Best regards,

Front of House Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (269)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Stayed on Valentines evening with my partner in a one bedroom riverview apartment with a balcony. I CANNOT fault this hotel, we loved it and cannot wait to return. The views were amazing, we could see Parliament, Big Ben and the London Eye. The service was brilliant, the facilities were excellent, we had pretty much everything you need in your apartment. The apartment itself was great, well presented and clean and lovely size. Can't wait to return.

Room Tip: Make sure you get a riverview apartment.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Gabriella_Kolber, Front Office Manager at Plaza on the River - Club and Residence, responded to this review, 19 February 2014
Dear shamarag,

Thank you very much for your lovely comment on Tri[advisor.

I am glad to see that your enjoy your special night away from home on the 14th February. It is indeed a special night.

The view is indeed amazing, and I am happy that you were lucky to be able to book it.

As discussed, please feel free to contact us prior to your next visit to London, to ensure one of the same, One bedroom apartments with River view and Balcony is reserved for you.

Kindest regards,
West Midlands
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Fantastic, clean and near to everything!! Just a taxi ride away from it all. Felt safe and had a great time. Attended London for the Nursing Times Awards, it was a great base to see London. Room was clean and the bathroom lovely. Breakfast was hot and well presented.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Gabriella_Kolber, Front Office Manager at Plaza on the River - Club and Residence, responded to this review, 18 February 2014
Dear tigras55ues,

I truly appreciate you taking the time to post your feedback in regards to your recent stay at Plaza on the River Club and Residence and your recommendation to the TripAdvisor community.

I am very happy to read that you had a positive impression of our Hotel whilst attending your special award ceremony.

We sincerely hope to have you again with us if your travel plans brings you to the city in the near future to spend a stay with high satisfaction.

Best Regards,

Galway, Ireland
Reviewed 11 February 2014

Family of two adults and two kids visited in early January to the Residence.
We had an excellent time and it's a very good base from which to see a lot of the city.
Excellent service from the staff. Apartment was well stocked and one could've cooked a full meal there, however with so many delicious eateries around, we were spoiled for choice.
We didn't eat in the restaurant but the breakfast we did have (It wasn't included in our package) was extremely dear for what was in it.

We preferred the Portuguese breakfast place a stone's throw away which costs less for our entire family than for one person to get the hot buffet breakfast.

All in all an excellent trip! Kudos to Justyna, who was very kind to us! thanks!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Gabriella_Kolber, Front Office Manager at Plaza on the River - Club and Residence, responded to this review, 12 February 2014
Dear Anahita06,

Many thanks for your excellent review of Plaza on the River Club and Residence following your recent stay.

I am pleased that you had such an enjoyable stay and look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Kind Regards,

Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 February 2014

As a business traveller I have stayed in numerous hotels across London and this is by far one of my favourite. The location is stunning with an amazing view on Big Ben, House of Parliament and London eye. Being located on the Southbank, it enabled me to walk to all my meetings within minutes. The room was of very high standard and extremely quiet. Upon arrival I was informed that I had been upgraded to the 5 star residence which was sumptuous and a nice surprise after a long travel. I even had a washing machine which was a life saver. The food was excellent and healthy options available. Thanks to the team at the Plaza on the river to make my stay so special. I will definitively return to this hotel if the opportunity arise. As a result of this wonderful experience I am also planning to return with my family in the future to share this experience.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Gen B
Gabriella_Kolber, Front Office Manager at Plaza on the River - Club and Residence, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
Dear GenB,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with the TripAdvisor community about your recent stay with us.

I am glad to hear that your upgrade to the apartment was not welcomed but beneficial. Some of our regular guests or corporate guests are not fully aware the hidden treasure this building has, the apartments.

The cooking, washing facilities are ideal both leisure and business tourists.

Please feel free to contact our Guest Relations Team to ensure the correct apartment is booked for you.

We are looking forward welcoming you back with your family.

Leicester
Reviewed 3 February 2014

We had a suite room in this hotel, and the view and room was amazing. From the check in and facilities, to breakfast; the experience exceeded all expectations. I would encourage people to stay here as they really do go the extra mile. Thanks for a lovely stay

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank MystalCrazeAndBadger
Dear MystalCrazeAndBadger,

Thank you for choosing Plaza on the River Club and Residence for your hotel while staying in London and for posting your comments to the TripAdvisor review site.

I highly appreciate your positive feedback and very pleased to read that you enjoyed the services and facilities of our Hotel while being our valued Guest.

Thank you for your compliments about our customer service.

We are looking forward hearing back from you.

Lichfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 January 2014

After spending many years working and playing in London I have been through a lot of hotels but for my needs in my view there is no better. The facilities are top class, the rooms and apartments are very comfortable and well fitted out and the bar and dining areas are top notch. Originally on the map the location put me off because I thought I would need to walk quite a way to the nearest tube but I was wrong I could easily get to the Vauxhall tube within a couple of minutes. I would recommend this hotel to anyone

Room Tip: Higher in the building the better and if you get a river view even better still
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Gabriella_Kolber, Front Office Manager at Plaza on the River - Club and Residence, responded to this review, 2 February 2014
Dear Luke H,

Thank you for placing your review. I am pleased that you have chosen and you continue staying at Plaza on the River Club and Residence when your work bring you to London.
I am happy that you found the facilities of the room and our Chino Latino Restaurant & Bar met your expectations and are to your liking.

Indeed our location is perfect, just a few minutes walk from the station, and just across to the Big Ben.

I look forward to welcoming you again in one of our comforting rooms in the near future.