“Just perfect” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #198 of 1,086 Hotels in London
Binyamina, Israel
“Just perfect”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2014

Everything! Exceptionally responsive staff, many treats to show they care, clean, good food, fair price, excellent location If you get the river view rooms, you get a wonderful view, otherwise not so much. (We asked to see such room, that costs somewhat less). Recommended!

Room Tip: River view room, by all means, worth the extra.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Gabriella_Kolber, Front Office Manager at Plaza on the River - Club and Residence, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Dear Asaf O,

Thank you for your brief but straight to the point, 5 star review, we are thrilled you enjoyed such a wonderful time with us.

I have shared your review with the entire team. We are all proud that our works, hospitality and passion towards out guests are welcomed.

I hope we can welcome you back in the near future for another great stay. Please feel free to contact the Guest Relations Team again to upgrade your room to one of the river view apartments. It is indeed worth the small fee.

Front of House Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Liverpool
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2014

I have reviewed this place many times and all have been very positive. This visit was also excellent, beautiful facilities, gold star customer service and a location to die for.

From the first point of contact, Elena at reception, all staff were warm, friendly and efficient. This isn't the cheapest place in the world but you truly get what you pay for and its well worth it.

The room service was comparable with other hotels and everything ordered was lovely and delivered quickly and with the same great customer service thats reflected across the whole staff group.

Will be visiting again later in the year and am sure the experience will be the same :-)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Gabriella_Kolber, Front Office Manager at Plaza on the River - Club and Residence, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Dear Chris-B1959,

Thank you for taking the time to write yet another brilliant review. And also a big thank you for your wonderful praise!

I am really happy to see how satisfied you are with the room, facilities not to mention the staff. They all work very hard to meet our guests expectations.

Please feel free to contact us prior to your next visit to ensure that your favourite room type is book and we can inform you if any special promotion is running with regards to our room rates.

We are looking forward welcoming you back Chris-B1959.

Swansea, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

A group of us visited the Plaza on the River for my birthday. We stayed in an apartment on the 11th floor which had amazing views over the River Thames. Keisha at the hotel made all our arrangements and was fantastic, nothing was too much trouble. The room was spacious and well equipped with lovely toiletries, a little kitchen area and three sleeping areas. All rooms had a tv. The staff at the hotel were constantly checking to see if we needed anything during our stay. I had a massage which was arranged so I had it in my room and it was fantastic. We had high tea at the hotel on arrival and again this was great. Lovely hotel, great service, recommended.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Gabriella_Kolber, Front Office Manager at Plaza on the River - Club and Residence, responded to this review, 6 May 2014
Dear carol_thrav,

I would like to thank you for your positive feedback. I'm delighted to hear that you enjoyed your experience and appreciate highlighting how proactive our staff are. Keshia indeed a great addition to our Guest Relations Team.

Lovely to hear that you enjoyed the massage as well.

Please feel free to contact myself directly if you decide to return in the near future.

Kindest Regards,

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

We booked an apartment for five people and were almost immediately offered to book an upgrade to river view, which was well worth the money. The apartment was spacious and well kept with all the amenities you could ask for in a five star hotel/residence AND the possibility to cook your own food. Especially the bathrobes were very nice to have! The staff was very friendly, but we didn't interact much as everything worked smoothly :)
Minor quibbles: wifi connection slow at times (especially in the bedrooms), extra bed a bit "lumpy" (you could feel the springs sitting on the bed) and as far as coffee cups went there were only small espresso or giant latte varieties to chose from while medium/regular size would fit the Nespresso machine ...
We checked out the "Fitness suite" which looked well maintained but geared towards cardio exercises but not weight lifting.
I wouldn't hesitate to book this accommodation again!

Room Tip: Book a river view room/apartment!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Gabriella_Kolber, Front Office Manager at Plaza on the River - Club and Residence, responded to this review, 4 May 2014
Dear NilasT,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post such a lovely comment on Tripadvisor regarding your recent stay.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the small supplement charge for a river view apartment ‘worth’ the money. We are happy to assist you in the future again, when you are planning yet another stay in London.

Please note that we have free weights in the gym, as well as balancing ball next to all the cardio machines.

I look forward to welcoming you back to Plaza on the River Club & Residence.

Oslo
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 April 2014

Very much enjoyed our stay at the hotel this Easter. Spacious one bedroom apartment was perfect for my husband, daughter and myself. Great service from booking the hotel to leaving it. Will absolutely recommend this hotel to families.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Gabriella_Kolber, Front Office Manager at Plaza on the River - Club and Residence, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear CamillaS,

Thank you for taking the time to write and post your review.

I am happy that you and your family had enjoyed your stay here with us over Easter.

We had several activities in our hotel, which were quite popular for our Little guests.

I look forward to your return.

Palo Alto, CA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 April 2014

I stayed two nights at this hotel during my daughter's spring break. This hotel is absolutely one of the best hotels I have ever stayed. Fantastic lake view and very clean and well equipped apartment-type hotel. A small grocery store just next to the hotel is a plus as the hotel room has a kitchen. It is also close to bus #3 heading to the center of London. Hotel staffs were very professional and helpful. Especially, I should mention a receptionist, Gabriella's help. I had booked a lake-view room two months prior to our family trip to London, but when I checked in, I was told that my room was the other side of lake view, not toward Big Ben and London eye that I booked the room for. A long story short. However, fortunately, Gabriella sorted this out and arranged a perfect room for my family a few hours later. My daughter and wife really liked the room, and we could enjoy the very nice lake view, which we could've lost, next two days. It was our first family trip to London, and staying at this hotel made our experience in London even better.

Room Tip: If you book a lake-view room from a hotel booking site like hotels.com, check if you really get a la...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear mdadPA,

What fantastic feedback and thank you!

It is always gratifying to read and hear these comments as this is what we strive for here at Plaza on the River Club and Residence, great customer satisfaction.

As mentioned to you we have lovely river view rooms and only a handful is overlooking towards Houses or Parliament. I am glad that I managed to contribute and assist for your family to have an excellent holiday.

Please feel free to contact us before your next visit here with us to ensure your prefer room type is booked or alternatively visit our website and look for One bedroom apartment with River view & balcony.

Sincerely and in your service,

Australian Irish in Ghent for Some Time
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2014

Our stay here was quite the surprise - we were expecting a standard hotel room at the Park Plaza but were upgraded to the Club and Residence as (I think) I had mentioned it was our anniversary. We were given champagne whilst checking in, which is as good as it gets really. The apartment was contemporary and spacious and were great to be in - almost too much for one night! Unfortunately our view didn't look outside, it looked into what I think is an interior atrium, which was a shame, so if you're booking see if a view is available. Any problems were solved quickly - a missing minibar price list and a phone left in the room after check out. Nespresso machine was fantastic, though we used the pods up so quickly! The staff are lovely and the location is great - don't bother with bus or tube, just hop on the hire bikes opposite and see some sights.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Gabriella_Kolber, Front Office Manager at Plaza on the River - Club and Residence, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Dear OisinS,

Thank you for taking the time to write to us as your observations are of paramount importance of our hotel.

I am happy to see that we managed to surprise you with the upgrade, and what a perfect way is this to celebrate your annivcersary.

I trust that we will be able to welcome you back in the near future when perhaps we can meet personally.

Kindest Regards,