“Excellent!”

Ranked #214 of 1,090 Hotels in London
New Delhi, India
“Excellent!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed in their one bedroom apartment with a river view for 5 nights. Excellent view! Apartment was comfortable with all the amenities. Housekeeping was helpful. Chocolates given at the time of turn down service were good too! Location of the hotel is nice and it's a short walk to vauxhall underground. Building under construction next doors is an eyesore but am assuming this is temporary and beyond the control of hotel. Overall a good experience.

Stayed June 2014
Gabriella_Kolber, Guest Relations Manager at Plaza on the River - Club and Residence, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear Devesh,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience with us. I am thrilled to hear that you were treated to the luxury of Plaza On The River and took advantage of all the complimentary amenities.

I will be sure to share your comments with our teams internally. If you have any further questions or inquiries regarding your future stay please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Warm Regards,

Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (261)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Portsmouth, United Kingdom
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

My girlfriend booked this hotel for one night. We stayed in park plaza on Westminster bridge and was very impressed. We booked a hotel with a view of the river. We checked in, everything was fine. We were told our room would be on the third floor, when we arrived at the room, it was pleasant, nicely decorated. However the view was awful. I could not see anything through the trees and below me was a building site full of men. We had paid a considerable fee for the room so I was not content. I phoned reception to demand to be moved, I was told ''sorry but there are no other rooms available'' but she would give me a call back. I received a phone call saying we could be moved to the eleventh floor. Why we couldn't have been put there originally, I will never know. The view from this room was breathtaking. Could not be happier with it. At around 6.30 am the workman set off with nematic drills and hammers. We could not get back to sleep for love nor money. We couldn't also open the window because the handle was broken. The view was breathtaking but everything else mediocre. If you just want the view, yeah worth a visit, for a good night sleep, go elsewhere!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ERees92
Gabriella_Kolber, Front Office Manager at Plaza on the River - Club and Residence, responded to this review, 28 June 2014
Dear Erees92,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review online.

I was very disappointed to read about your experience with us on this occasion, please accept my sincerest apology.

It was with concern that I read about the unfortunate coincidence of events during your visit. You will understand however, that the construction next door is carried out by an independent developer. We work closely with our neighbours to ensure that any disruption to our guests is minimised - I have since addressed your feedback with the site manager and he confirmed the previously agreed working hours on a daily basis, which should have been after 8.00am.

I am sorry for any inconvenience that might have been caused. I hope you will soon return to Plaza on the River Club and Residence, or another of our London properties to experience the true Park Plaza hospitality.

On the other hand I am glad to hear that you have enjoyed the fantastic view from the room. Please feel free to contact us in the future and we can add a special not for the same room to be allocated for you (subject to availability).

Looking forward to have you here again.

Gabriella Kolber
Front of House Manager
Leeds, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014 via mobile

Visited as a family of 5 - stayed in the residences really great option for families. Clean with loads of space and good deal on breakfast. Only small niggle was that room we were allocated was not ready at 3 pm and we had to be reallocated to a lock off and we had very noisy neighbours (not the hotels fault) but tough when you're travelling with kids - don't let this pug you off its a great choice

• Stayed June 2014
Gabriella_Kolber, Front Office Manager at Plaza on the River - Club and Residence, responded to this review, 15 June 2014
Dear Cathrine2166,

Thank you for posting your review on TripAdvisor.

Please accept my apologize for the slight delay with the room. On a lighter note I am pleased to hear that you have enjoyed your stay and found the room convenient for you and your family.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Please feel free to message me on your return stay

Gabriella Kolber
Front of House Manager
Plano, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

I traveled to London with my husband and son to celebrate his college graduation and this could not have been the more perfect place for us to stay. We had a two bedroom suite for the 3 of us and it was perfect. Basically like a small apartment for our 3 nights. The view from our room was of the Thames river and House of Parliment and Big Ben! The staff was so gracious and helpful. The bar was fun and lively at times. One of the staff, Dean, made my visit especially nice. He was always at the door to greet us and helped me with securing transport to the airport and was so friendly! You will love staying here!!!

Room Tip: ask for rooms facing the Thames!!!!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Gabriella_Kolber, Front Office Manager at Plaza on the River - Club and Residence, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Dear Greenytx,

Thank you so much for this praising feedback regarding your recent stay at our Hotel. I was extremely happy to read that you felt extremely well in our Hotel and that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us.

Also please allow me to thank you for your recognition of our staff, highlighting our Concierges Department for their efforts in making you feel so pampered and special. We do consider ourselves fortunate to have such talented employees and it is truly because of them that we enjoy the fine reputation we have achieved, nonetheless, it is most meaningful hearing it from our guests.

We look forward welcoming you back in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

What a lovely hotel. Beautiful layout, stylish modern rooms, great location and lovely staff.
I spent 1 night there for my 1st wedding anniversary, and had lots of surprise plans in mind for my wife, and the staff there accommodated every request I made without any question - they even let me have a singer come up to the room to perform for my wife as a surpise.
Over the months leading up to my stay, I spoke to and met 4 or 5 different members of staff and every time they were all extremely helpful and kind.
Me and my wife are vegan and they prepared the best breakfast I have ever had, I'm even considering going back just to eat it!

Without knowing the criteria, I would definitely rate this as a 5 star. To stay there 1 night was quite pricey, but the quality and service makes it an absolute bargain. Depending on your budget, I would think staying at a place of this calibre would be for those special occasions like my stay was as it certainly makes the occasions that bit more special.

There were all sorts staying there - families, couples, stag/hen dos and groups of all ages so no matter your occasion I'm sure it can be special.

Room Tip: If you can get a room with a river view then it will add so much to your stay
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Gabriella_Kolber, Guest Relations Manager at Plaza on the River - Club and Residence, responded to this review, 14 June 2014
Dear Martin,

We appreciate your taking a moment to review your superb experience and are thrilled that our service was impeccable. We look forward to creating more positive memories the next time you stay at our hotel! Hoping to see you personally during your next visit and arrange a special breakfast for you.

Best Regards,

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

My wife and I stayed in a one-bedroom river-view suite at Plaza on the River for four nights. (Regrettably, our view was toward Vauxhall and not the picturesque Houses of Parliament and Big Ben, but that's my only complaint.) We found the place completely by happenstance on a travel web site, but what a find! Perfect location a short walk to Westminster and well away from the downtown noise and traffic, a most courteous and helpful staff, and a beautiful spacious suite. As I say in the title, what more could you ask for? I'd definitely stay there again and recommend it highly to friends and family.-------Len M., Philadelphia (USA)

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Len,

Thank you for your review and positive feedback on the hotel’s grandeur and our professional team. We are glad that you could take advantage of our prime location in the heart of the city although we are sorry and apologize that you were not more comfortable with the view of your guestroom. Kindly contact me directly after you make the reservation next time and I shall try my best to find you a room with the view you will love.
Your feedback is out of the norm and we hope we will have an opportunity to welcome you again.

Verona, Italy
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 June 2014

Stayed here for a weekend. Booked hotel via PriceLine. It is listed as a 5 star property however I would give it 4 at a maximum.

Check in was just fine, I was upgraded from a Studio to a 1 Bedroom. Many of the rooms, mine included, faced what they called a "courtyard". This courtyard has no light of any sort (has a roof), and faces about 100 other rooms. The lack of light makes the rooms absolutley depressing. Room itself had a full kitchen but cabinetry, flooring, carpet was cheap and in some cases coming apart. Normally I wouldn't care however at 5* prices, I expect a bit more.

Location is along the river however it is not anywhere near a tube stop. Area has absolutely nothing near, a gas station, one smallish pub but it's quite a hike to get anywhere with nightlife.

In all, I think the hotel is not at all worth what I paid and I would not stay again. Bright side was the staff was attentive and accommodating. Chose a different hotel in a more central location for the same price.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Andy G
Dear Andy,

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to learn of your disappointment with your guestroom view.
Our Atrium view rooms are favourites with the guests who prefer quiter rooms, welcome to reserve a riverview balcony room overlooking the stunning Big Ben and Houses of Parliament. It is included in our online room descriptions to enable guests to select the best option for their travel needs.
Nearest tube station is Vaxhuall only 7 mins walk from our hotel. There are several cafes with beautiful patios only minutes from our hotel.
Once again we apologize for your feeling of disappointment with your stay and hope that we may have another chance to welcome you in the future.

Don’t hesitate to get in touch with us if you would like to discuss your stay at greater length.