Plaza on the River
US$213
US$188
galahotels.com
1,680 results
All reviewschino latinoriver viewbig benone bedroom suitelondon eyevauxhall stationpark plaza riverbankalbert embankmentwashing machinea small grocery storeroom servicefloor to ceiling windowsfull kitchenvictoria lineguest relationsstar hotelbuilding work
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We were lucky enough to receive a complimentary upgrade to a suite, which was very impressive - our only regret was that we were staying just the one night!

Conveniently situated on the South Bank, easy to stroll along the river and across to the City with great views of Big Ben, the Houses of Parliament and the London Eye, for example. Convenient also for the LGBT venues in Vauxhall.

The suite was luxuriously appointed with high quality bed and linen, likewise the bathroom was sumptuous.

Staff were efficient and extremely helpful. We didn't eat here so cannot comment.

There was some building work going on next door, we didn't have a good view, but the room itself made up for that.

Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Gabriella_Kolber, Front Office Manager at Plaza on the River, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2015

Dear kevinfff,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback about your stay in August.
I am pleased to hear that our facilities, apartments met your expectations and you were happy with our staff and their hospitality.

We are looking forward welcoming you back soon, hopefully for a bit longer that time.

Please feel free to contact us to assist you with the reservations.

Reviewed 4 August 2014

We had a one bedroom apartment, which accommodated a family of 5 perfectly. The hotel was in a great location overlook the river…..away from the key tourist area….but they were in easy reach. There was a bus stop outside the hotel, which made the museums easy access. The staff were really helpful and friendly. Overall an excellent stay was had.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Park Plaza Hotels
Gabriella_Kolber, Front Office Manager at Plaza on the River, responded to this reviewResponded 5 August 2014

Dear 536lyndas,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us.

I am thrilled to have read that we was able to meet your expectations. Indeed our location is ideal and the apartments are perfect for families.

W are looking forward welcoming the 536nyndas family back.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

The property is very nice inside - clean, spacious and very comfortable. Also close to the tube and walking distance to the Eye, aquarium, London Dungeon and boat toor docks. Big complaint, however, is that there is major construction going on in the lot directly next door. Our room felt like it was actually on the construction site - we literally opened our windows and looked onto about 5 different cranes and an entire work crew that started their workday each morning around 8 am. We complained and the hotel,clerk seemed put off by our concerns. She changed our room for the remainder of our stay, but we had to pay $80 pounds more per night bc the only other available room had a view. In my opinion, they should have comped us the upgrade because of the inconvenience and no forewarning about our room's location. It was not just a tractor or two, it was construction on a lot that will probably be another hotel. Why we weren't given a discount is inconceivable. The remainder of the stay was fine, however the air conditioning went out for one night and their solution was to provide a small fan. Poor customer service in our opinion!

Room Tip: Choose a river view room or else you will be looking at and listening to major construction and a train
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Keri C
Gabriella_Kolber, Front Office Manager at Plaza on the River, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Dear Keri C,

Thank you very much for taking your time writing your comment. I feel sorry to hear that you haven’t been satisfied with our services with regards to the mentioned reason.
All customers feedback is valuable for us to understand how effectively we meet our guests needs to make sure that we are able to constantly improve our services.

If I may I would like to get some more information from you regarding your stay. At this stage I am unable to identify your reservation, therefore please contact me at gkolber@plazaontheriver.co.uk at your earliest convenience.

Rest assured I will be sharing your feedback with the relevant staff members the mean time.

Hopefully we get an opportunity to welcome you back to Plaza on the River in the not too distant future.

Yours Sincerely,

Reviewed 1 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed here unfortunately very briefly. Got there late at night and left early in the morning. Well what can I say about the location! Absolutely fantastic. I would have loved a view of the river but we can't win them all. I stayed in a open plan studio and it was GORGEOUS! I took a picture of it and it got nearly 20 likes on facebook. The only thing I could complain about really was the taste of the water (but i'll just blame that on it being down south) and because I live in Manchester, I nearly had a heart attack at the mini bar prices! £3 for a can of coke and £5 for a bag of milky bar buttons! Needless to say I didn't touch it. The continental breakfast was lovely with good variety and I was glad it opened at 7am. I felt it was a bit pricey, but I expected that for a 5 star hotel. And I feel I ate enough babybels to cover the cost anyway.

There were some angry Asian people next door shouting a lot. In fact I think they were hitting each other. I was stood in the wardrobe for quite a while listening, where I found the dressing gowns and slippers. The slippers were lovely but the dressing gowns felt like crusty towels and didn't fit around my bust. But not many things do...

I had a shower and washed my hair and I really didn't want to get out. It was dreamy, as was the shampoo, conditioner and shower gel. I was quite awake after my shower, but as soon as I made a cup of tea and got in the extremely comfy bed, I fell straight asleep and slept soundly all night.

10/10 would stay here again, but I would request a river facing room. I got a great deal through Hotels.com, my room was an absolute steal! I wish I was able to experience the restaurant and bar, but I just didn't have enough time. What a shame.

Stayed: July 2014
Gabriella_Kolber, Front Office Manager at Plaza on the River, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

Dear FoodCritchic,

Thank you very much for your happy, well detailed Tripadvisor review about your recent stay at Plaza on the River. It certainly have a funny but true perspective view.

We are looking forward welcoming you back at Plaza on the River soon. Please feel free to contact us directly to pre-book your room, when we can discuss options to upgrade to a River view or River view & Balcony apartment. You can also pre-book your breakfast at the Guest Relations Desk from as little as £10.00/person/breakfast.

Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel with family for a week. The staff were friendly and helpful. It is walking distance to the Tube and close enough to a lot if the sights that you can walk there. Big Ben, Parliament and they Eye are visible from the balcony. I would definitely stay there again.

Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank mrkmns
Gabriella_Kolber, Front Office Manager at Plaza on the River, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2014

Dear mrkmns,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review.

I am thrilled to read that you enjoyed your time with us here at Plaza on the River. Our location is indeed unique in London with Big Ben, Houses of Parliament just around the corner.

We are looking forward welcoming you back soon.