“Good Hotel in London”
Review of Plaza on the River

Plaza on the River
Ranked #270 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 20 August 2014

The hotel is very cozy, well located. I liked. The room they gave us was the inner courtyard. We announced that we would have excellent views and was not. For the rest we left satisfied with the stay at this hotel. For longer stays than ours is very well equipped.

Review collected in partnership with Park Plaza Hotels
Gabriella_Kolber, Front Office Manager at Plaza on the River, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

Dear 182mirandan,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review.

I am pleased to see that you and your family enjoyed your visit with us. Please accept my apologise not meeting your expectations regarding the room allocation. Please kindly note that we have several room categories at Plaza on the River and the ones with river view are really popular.
As a future reference, should you plan your next visit to London and to Plaza on the River look for room category called One bedroom apartment with River view to guarantee a view to the River Thames.

Alternately, please feel free to contact our Guest Relations Team to make the reservation with us directly.

I am looking forward welcoming you back with us.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

If you want a large room, or if you go with your big family, this apartment is a good choice of you. Just stand by the river Thames, you may walk to half of the must-to-see sightseeing spots in London.

Review collected in partnership with Park Plaza Hotels
Gabriella_Kolber, Front Office Manager at Plaza on the River, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Dear Yuan J,

Thank you for your feedback and for choosing Plaza on the River Club and Residence for your stay in London.

I am delighted to hear that you and your family had a brilliant trip. It is lovely to hear that you liked your room and found the location convenient.

We hope to see your return again soon.

Reviewed 17 August 2014

We stayed at Plaza On The River for 3 days. We loved our room (with washer/drier and full kitchen). The service is impeccable. Check in and out was very easy.
We had the most amazing meals at Chino Latino. We will come back

Room Tip: High floor

Dear Yuan J,

We hope to see your return again soon.

Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

1 night stay for my partner's Birthday.

Perfect stay, friendly staff, upgraded to a river view suite with a Champagne welcome.

Fantastic hotel in a prime location, short walk to Vauxhall station.

We would highly recommend this to all.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear DavidR,

Happy Birthday once again to your partner. I am pleased to hear that my team and myself managed to

Please feel free to contact us prior to your next visit, as the Two bedroom apartments accommodating bigger families are really popular and sell out rather quickly.

We are looking forward welcoming you and your children back soon.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

The best hotel/apartment experience I've been in London. Amazing place and position for evrywhere. Quiet and confortable. Clean, luxury, equiped, with super-personal.
We stayed for 4 nights and we'll come back for future experiences.

Room Tip: The riverview rooms are One experience to make. Having breakfast on the balcony on Thames and sleepi...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Gabriella_Kolber, Front Office Manager at Plaza on the River, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2014

Dear FabioS,

What a wonderful comment! I am glad to here that you found Plaza on the River the best you experienced.

We are looking forward welcoming you back in the near future. Please feel free to contact the Guest Relations Team to book the apartment with river views, as they are really popular.

Reviewed 14 August 2014

This is my favorite hotel in London. I wrote a previously strong review of this property and recently completed another stay in June 2014, which was even better than previous. I will try not to repeat myself but I wanted to highlight a few reasons why I think this hotel offers the best ratio of price to quality in London.

First, a few caveats. I do not mean to say that this is the most luxurious hotel in London. If you want to stay at the Grosvenor House, the Savoy, Claridges, #41, The Dorchester, etc. I am sure you will enjoy yourself. Similarly, if you want to wake up on Park Lane or stroll through Mayfair, this probably isn't the hotel for you. However, if you want comfortable, functional, spacious accommodations with a great view and friendly staff for a reasonable price, this is for you.

The Plaza on the River is a separate, 5-Star section within the 4-Star Park Plaza Riverbank Hotel. It has its own dedicated check-in area and separate elevators. It is similar to Towers at the New York Palace or Waldorf Astoria if travelers are familiar with those layouts.

I arrived early in the morning and was checked-in by a charming staff member from South Africa. I am only disappointed I cannot remember her name. She said she had started at the hotel in the bar/restaurant and then moved to the front desk of the 4-Star side before arriving at the 5-Star reception. She clearly was enthusiastic about the property and was very helpful throughout my stay. A story like this is usually an indicia of quality for two reasons: it means the hotel rewards its staff with advancement and treats them well enough for them to stick around (usually badly managed hotels have high turnover rates) and it usually produces employes who want to be there and care about the standards of the property. I hope this is the case and I found it to be the case whenever I dealt with employees.

Concierge, bellman, door man (special thanks to Emmanuel), etc. were always friendly, helpful, and professional. A few even remembered me from previous stays even though it had been nearly a year since last residing.

I was upgraded to a two-bedroom suite which had breathtaking views of the Thames and was drenched with light. Furnishings were clean, comfortable, and showed surprising few signs of wear. Water pressure and internet signal were excellent throughout my stay and noise was not a problem.

I even ordered a special "Brazilian" themed burger for the world cup, which was probably the best burger I've had in the UK (ok, I don't normally like British burgers so the competition here may have been a bit watered-down but still), I found room service to be a better value than other hotels in which I have stayed.

As with all hotels, there are a couple of tradeoffs with this property, particularly location. It is not my favorite location in London I don't really like walking around the area late at night and I had to allow an extra 10-15 minute taxi ride to get to major cites in Central London but for the quality of the hotel and the professionalism of the staff, I am happy to make these tradeoffs every time.

Two minor annoyances, which I hope the hotel will fix. I was in a hurry on my way out and wanted to change a 10 pound note to tip some employees. The front desk (on the 4-Star side) refused to change the note saying they had no change. This is a very basic service that I would expect any hotel to try to accommodate. Eventually, I found someone at the bar to change the note but this was an unexpectedly bad end to my stay.

Additionally, on the day I stayed, it was taking a long time for the doorman to summon taxis. He had to go out in the street and find them, which could be hard. Therefore, travelers should probably allow an extra 20 minutes to get a taxi. The hotel probably needs to work out a better system because even though staff are trying their best, it is not working.

Nevertheless, this remains a great hotel, which I think most travelers will find is a great value!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank twainandwhitman
Gabriella_Kolber, Guest Relations Manager at Plaza on the River, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Dear sat800v,

I would like to thank you for your kind feedback regarding your stay at Plaza on the River. It is indeed a “Best Ratio of Quality to Price in the City!” and I’m pleased to know that you had such an enjoyable visit overall. We are obviously delighted to be located in this unique location close the various major sights in London.

Thank you for your generous comments about the comfort of your room, your dining experiences and the service provided by our knowledgeable staff, it will be a pleasure to share your remarks with them.

We value your patronage and look forward to continuing to welcome you to Plaza On The River.

Best regards,

Mohammed Aftab
Guest Relations Manager

Reviewed 12 August 2014

I can't praise the Hotel appartment highly enough especially with valet parking it made our stay with small children absolutely perfect......we will be back The concierge gave us knowledgeable advice and we were so conveniently placed to get to all the attractions we wanted to visit. Being able to drive in from the Cotswolds, where we live and have our car parked for us and returned when we were ready to leave was ideal with the children

Review collected in partnership with Park Plaza Hotels
Gabriella_Kolber, Guest Relations Manager at Plaza on the River, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Dear normski66,

I am extremely happy to see that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were pleased with the apartment and the quality of our service during your stay with us. I would be very glad if you would want to continue returning in the future.

Thank you very much for granting our valet staff with alot of praises. It is my sincere hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back to Plaza on The River in the future.

Please do not hesitate to contact me personally if I can be of assistance to you.

Kindest regards,