“Should be condemned! No running water! DO NOT STAY HERE!”
Review of White House Hotel

and 1 more site!
White House Hotel
Ranked #882 of 1,077 Hotels in London
Reviewed 19 August 2013

I stayed at the White Hotel Hotel in August 2013, was my partner for 5 nights. We were placed in a twin room, we were informed by reception we would be moved to double as soon as possible however they had nothing available. However there was a sign stating vacancies right outside the hotel. Check in takes place at the Seymour Hotel another dirty establishment.

The room is tiny; as expected in London, however the bathroom was basically unusable, the shower would have been lucky to be 30 cm wide, our shower head was broken so water went everywhere. The bathroom actually literally used to be the closet for the room. This is the size. During our stay we had no running water for a day, when we told reception they said it would come back they were sure, some work was being done. They did not appear to be surprised, and if they knew that this was the case I believe they should have informed guests, so a shower could be taken before the water was turned off.

The stairs to the third level are falling in and to get our bags to the top was very difficult. I would hate to be in this building if there was a fire.

The breakfast food was a slice of cheese and two slices of ham that looked and tasted disgusting.

Altogether a horrible experience, not worth the $500 we spent! Don't be fooled by your travel agent!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank AusGirl2222

Reviewed 26 April 2013

Sent from the reception to another hotel round the corner. Reception bloke was ok. I am not fussy but this was very bad for the price. Room was old fashioned. There wasn't a remote for the TV, the shower cubical was dirty, the bracket to hold the shower head on the wall was broken etc etc. There was also a fire door in the room with a window that didn't have a curtain, the window faced the shower door so the room next to mine could see right in if they wanted. I approached the reception about the state of the room but because the hotel was full they couldn't do anything. I would NEVER stay there again or recommend it to anyone!!!!

• Stayed: April 2013
2  Thank Nealc947
Reviewed 13 January 2013

Stayed in new years eve, the guy in the front desk was absolutely rude, before saying hello he asked me to pay for the whole stay even without telling me that we will be relocated to another hotel !!!, they have many properties side to side Seymour, White House and so, it was dirty, overpriced by far, they even have yoghurt and a ham slice (LITERALLY) for breakfast, obviously served 7:00-8:30, no room service, no central heat, no clean towels, no hot water, JUST STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE. if you think its close to the Paddington Station, believe me you can pay 10 pounds to get there in a cab, it does not worth the stay.

Room Tip: Dont even think it, you will choose one, and they will locate you wherever they want, frequently in...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 April 2012

This hotel is very UK!! Execellent for business travel and services business people all over the UK!! You will sleep great here, quiet, peacefull, and personal!! This hotel gets packed!!!!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank Stephen S
Reviewed 20 March 2012

Although the bathroom is the smalllest I have ever seen, the hotel is a good option for its cleanless and friendly staff.

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 26 October 2011

Worst hotel we have ever seen !
Got there as a last minute sollution for a triple .
Got a room in the cellar , steep stairs, worn and dirty bed-covers
which were expected to be used as blankets !
the tiniest bathroom into which you have to, literally, squeeze in.
You can`t sleep properly, you can`t bath properly,
and you pay as if it were a good 3* hotel.

Room Tip: not here..
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
6  Thank frequentraveller966
Reviewed 23 July 2011

I stayed @ the white house the first leg of my Europe vacation.. After landing@ gatwick .. I walked around London .. Finally I was ready for a nap ..;( omg !! My rm was 3 flights of stairs up .. Steep !! 3 bags full( I way over packed!! And no one helped..
But I slept well;)
My shower was way way to small.. And I'm little.. So if your big .. Well.. Good luck ..
Breakfast was free and good.. But not in the same building as my rm..
Everything was clean ..
And the staff was nice ..

The best part of my hotel was price and location .. I was a 5 min walk to Hyde park .. I loved that ..
Paddington and Lancaster stations so close :) and praed street had a hop on hop off red bus stop.. Great pubs and fish and chips..
So if you don't mind a very small rm and a very small shower and a climb to your rm .. It's not a bad stay

• Stayed: October 2010